gg no team death match

Even though OP is a troll with such a lame thread title and post but i still want to add my opinion. All you little whiners, if Blizzard wouldn't reveal planned features at all and just announce the included features would you be happy? pvp in D2 was quite big. It's actually one of the things that held many players in the community and made many people come back to play d2 every time there was a ladder reset. I used to play on NL so i dont really care, its just that pvp on NL was really hard since many people were totally maxed out and not to mention the crazy NL items from 0.8 and such. I am confident that we will get some sort of a team based pvp sometime. Maybe not exactly tdm but something along those lines. I hope they will add the dueling system soon though, cuz really it dosnt sound that hard to implement at all.

All the kids who are like "gg blizz no pvp" are just a bunch of trolls. If they had something good they would have released it since it will surely make them some profit. But apparently its not good so its scratched. Claiming that Blizzard scammed us is just silly. I remember that asshole who had a huge post about how he managed to get his 60 euros back because he kept whining and threatened to sue Blizzard after he spent like 100 hours on the game. All i can say is - Freaking spoiled brats.

Quote from Jamoose

Even though OP is a troll..All i can say is - Freaking spoiled brats.

No offense, but troll or not he has a point.

D3 was sold on the promise of pvp. When it was released they said pvp will be released shortly after. After 7 months of NOTHING they release a pvp blog stating that TDM is not fun and we will get 'dueling'.

So, 8 months for a duel button?

Thats just plain stupid. But, its a great way to get the players really mad.

SImple logic would have been. Simple duel button and work on TDM. NOT, ignore everyone and make them wait for 7 months just to say HERP A DERP.
    People who says PVP wasn't a big part of d2 are literally retarded. It was huge.. People who says different obviously never dared to duel because they only had a shitty tal rasha sorc. In Hard Core, PVP was the shit. Which no one of you softcore noobs ever experienced since you spend all your time at finding Catacombs Level 4.

Hopefully duelling will feature PK. Really missed killing noobs i HC.

However, stop cry over the d3 team. They are bad and we already know this.. Of course a WHOLE new development team and directors with NO diablo experience can manage to throw out a decent Diablo game. Me and so many more knew this 10 years ago. How can you still not get it? The development team is so bad, that they couldnt figure out how to make random maps for god sakes!

And they're trying so hard to create a "new Diablo experience". They should drop this stupid idea and give us the important things.

- Chat feature: Where the F is the private chat rooms? There is NO community in D3 period! The general chat is filled with spambots and are just useless. How hard can it be to to add this? To be able to create your own channel and get some sort of community? lol (They even added this to Starcraft 2 in a patch a couple of months ago)

- PVP: Obviously delayed but I don't think they point out everything here.. How the hell does their Pvp Balance looks like? How does Crit works in pvp for an example?

- End Game: Obviously a huge disappointment. People even doing MP10 Purists to entertain themself (only 8months after launch..)

There is endless of whine. "The game is too hard" They nerf it "The game is to easy" what the fuck guys? Put out the REAL problems and cut the crap. 90% of the whine is useless "feedback" to work with, BUT blizzard even listen to this nonsense :S

People made them nerf the gmae 1-2month after release. Does people have any sort of gaming sense at all? Thinking you should be able to beat the shit out of a game like Diablo in 2 months easy? With no challanges or farming what so ever, In a totaly new game?

This new generation of kids really ruin the gaming experience totaly. I'm borned 1991 and I'm ashamed to even belong to the 90's.generation.
    Quote from Dav5152

People who says PVP wasn't a big part of d2 are literally retarded. It was huge.. People who says different obviously never dared to duel because they only had a shitty tal rasha sorc. In Hard Core, PVP was the shit. Which no one of you softcore noobs ever experienced since you spend all your time at finding Catacombs Level 4.

I think it was about 95% (as stated by blizzard, might have been higher) of the people who ever played D2, got past nightmare mode. That's already a SMALL fraction of the people who bought D2. From that, the amount of people who heavily engaged in PK (could barely call it pvp) was of the overwhelming minority. Take off your rose tinted goggles, sir.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from Bleu42

Quote from Dav5152

I think it was about 95% (as stated by blizzard, might have been higher) of the people who ever played D2, got past nightmare mode. That's already a SMALL fraction of the people who bought D2. From that, the amount of people who heavily engaged in PK (could barely call it pvp) was of the overwhelming minority. Take off your rose tinted goggles, sir.

I actually played the game, alot. Whether if you believe it or not, duelling in hc was a big part of what kept it alive for so long. Even nowadays you can see people duelling in d2 hc. I don't know how and where you spend your time in d2, or if you even did play the game. But it's clearly no doubts you have no clue about how the game was played. Sure, there was plenty of people who struggled mfing items for their hammerdin, but honestly, there was a ton of private activity which I can't blame you and the rest of the nobodys never experienced. Op Baalruns wasn't a community, the real shit was not public for PvM'ers.

e/ And for not mention this - Us West & East was always behind the Europe realm, whether we speak about the ladder nor the pvp skill level. We had a few brave US visitors on the euro realm, but they kind of disappeard rather fast. I can't blame them tho.
    Quote from OneTwoSC

While I do think it was a bit silly for this delay, I actually am happy we're getting dueling only. I think it's more fun and more social than mindless matchmaking deathmatch games.

^^yep.

I feel the team death match stunk of fail from jumpstreet.

To the guy that thinks dueling wasn't big in D2;

You're wrong. There was a very robust melee counter-culture of GM duelers. I was part of this. We had many different guilds. Many of these guilds had their own websites and organized tournaments, complete with bountiful prizes.

So many Friday nights turned into Saturday mornings while dueling with what must have been 100+ people I knew by their IRL first names.

This is the kind of shit that D3 is missing. Blizzards ideas about arenas, death matches, their rules, their parameters.......they can stick that shit up their collective ass.

Now......if only we could squeeze more than 4 people in a game. Did Blizz fuck the pooch by limiting games in such a way? Yep. Expect some changes in that regard as well.
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from Dav5152

In Hard Core, PVP was the shit. Which no one of you softcore noobs ever experienced since you spend all your time at finding Catacombs Level 4.

I agreed with alot of what you said except this. ^

SOFTCORE is where the real 'dueling' took place just for the simple fact MORE players played softcore and had more time to build pvp characters.. Don't make up some false statements as if softcore is for 'noobs' and they spend all their time finding Catacombs Level 4. Thats a crock.

I made 3 HC characters in D2 that all died to some bullshat lag, which in turn made me never, ever want to play that lame concept of a game ever again.

Quote from Bleu42

I think it was about 95% (as stated by blizzard, might have been higher) of the people who ever played D2, got past nightmare mode. Take off your rose tinted goggles, sir.

Really? Because 100% of the people i know got past nightmare. ANd the majority of players i've seen wether in game, chatrooms and in forums all PVPd in some shape or form.

...lmao. People and their rose tinted goggles line are funny.

How about you put on some reading goggles and google Diablo 2 pvp.

Quote from Huminator
    Actualy pvp in d2 was extremely small... Maybe you did not play d2?

ehm what ?
    PvP was a big Deal in D2...

PKing People...Headhunting, Hardcore Duels etc?
    In 5-6 years of Diablo II I've never seen a single guy PvP. But that's how anecdotal evidence works right?
    Quote from overneathe

In 5-6 years of Diablo II I've never seen a single guy PvP. But that's how anecdotal evidence works right?

...Cool story.

Now, here.

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&tbo=d&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=diablo+2+pvp&rlz=1R2ADFA_enCA427&oq=diablo+2+pvp&gs_l=hp.3..0l4.1073.3335.0.3548.12.11.0.1.1.0.158.1314.2j9.11.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.oz_eyF8JwkM&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.aWc&fp=fbd581612f005b5a&bpcl=40096503&biw=1366&bih=639

Theres a simple google search for you, Feel free to add any comment or anecdotal evidence you want. But the actual facts speak for themselves.
    Quote from Vooodu

Quote from overneathe

...Cool story.

Now, here.

http://www.google.ca...iw=1366&bih=639

Theres a simple google search for you, Feel free to add any comment or anecdotal evidence you want. But the actual facts speak for themselves.

Thanks for that! Couldn't figure out how to use that site myself. Looks like it gave me 6 mil results! Damn! Diablo II PvE gave me 64 million! What?
    Quote from Vooodu

Quote from overneathe

...Cool story.

Now, here.

http://www.google.ca...iw=1366&bih=639

Some real keywords if you wanna read about the history of rulebased diablo 2 pvp. Pub games are not even counted into this, it obviously was a lot more than what you can find below.

aow-pvp.de
    duellliga.de
    duelliga 1n1 ladder
    blutmoor private pvp server
    euro-pvp.net
    euro-pvp.org
    postreality
    d2cl
    angrenost realm
    polish clan league
    d2jsp lvl 49 league
    arnea
    german bvb league

and this were just the european communities ...

May be a good idea to use http://archive.org since all those communities are dead and non existant these days.

Also, stop arguing with those pve lovers who don't believe you anyway. They did not make the same experience as you did, and won't believe you even if you'd dig out all those old websites and forums to prove.
    GIEF PVP YOU LAZY SCRUBS!
    i hate responding here, but lets lay some REAL facts down...

Diablo is all about pvp right?

diablo 1 - zero pvp(unless it was user created at some point)

diablo 2 - shipped with no pvp, dueling added later on.

diablo 3 - shipped with no pvp with promises of TDM. now we are getting dueling with vague comments of TDM possibly later...

see the differences?

and the biggest aspect of diablo 2 had nothing to do with pvp. it was ladder anyone who says different is caught up in there own world.

with the 8 years of playing diablo 2, running people to endgame, farming with several different groups. trist runs, tomb runs and millions of baal runs. i think i dueled once.

doesnt mean no one ever dueled, just pointing out it was a after thought.
    Quote from Vooodu

Quote from Dav5152

In Hard Core, PVP was the shit. Which no one of you softcore noobs ever experienced since you spend all your time at finding Catacombs Level 4.

I agreed with alot of what you said except this. ^

SOFTCORE is where the real 'dueling' took place just for the simple fact MORE players played softcore and had more time to build pvp characters.. Don't make up some false statements as if softcore is for 'noobs' and they spend all their time finding Catacombs Level 4. Thats a crock.

I made 3 HC characters in D2 that all died to some bullshat lag, which in turn made me never, ever want to play that lame concept of a game ever again.

The real duelling? LOL. Sure you had some fancy channels like "Op Duel" and of course many more, where duelling took part. However, duelling in softcore was pointless. You had nothing to lose but honor.

In hardcore you went all in. There was adrenaline and awesomeness. There was a ton of people, just like you, who couldn't handle this kind of stress. I'm sure you had fun duelling in sc, I never liked softcore duelling. It was SOFT and boring. Slaying someone in hardcore was always a pleasure and it actually felt like you achieved something.

You don't know anything about how the HC scene so don't speak about it. I sure don't know much about the sc scene, which I couldn't care less about. Softcore is and will always be for beginners or people who never had the balls to reach to the next level. Whether if you were a good dueller in sc or not, you can't really compare it to duelling in HC. It's obviously takes alot more nerves to be able to succeed.

Quote from ruksak

Quote from OneTwoSC

While I do think it was a bit silly for this delay, I actually am happy we're getting dueling only. I think it's more fun and more social than mindless matchmaking deathmatch games.

^^yep.

I feel the team death match stunk of fail from jumpstreet.

This is the kind of shit that D3 is missing. Blizzards ideas about arenas, death matches, their rules, their parameters.......they can stick that shit up their collective ass.

Now......if only we could squeeze more than 4 people in a game. Did Blizz fuck the pooch by limiting games in such a way? Yep. Expect some changes in that regard as well.

This.
    Quote from Dav5152

...some self-aggrandizing bullshit...

Get over yourself for christ sake. It's a GAME. It takes no nerve at all because ITS NOT REAL. You don't lose shit in either version, SC or HC, because its all virtual.

You all need to stop acting like this is real life and actually matters, gain some perspective and maybe take a step back from the game until you can separate virtual-reality from actual reality.
    Quote from zerObit

Quote from Dav5152

...some self-aggrandizing bullshit...

Get over yourself for christ sake. It's a GAME. It takes no nerve at all because ITS NOT REAL. You don't lose shit in either version, SC or HC, because its all virtual.

You all need to stop acting like this is real life and actually matters, gain some perspective and maybe take a step back from the game until you can separate virtual-reality from actual reality.

I do think it's about nerves when it comes to Hardcore duelling. Apparently you never experienced it. You know, you spend x amount off hours collection items and gain levels. You steal time from your beloved IRL and put them into a game. That has to count for something? x hours that could be wasted in 5 secounds. Huge different from SC for your information.

Whether if it's real or not, you fucking spend your REAL time on it. Something you clearly don't understand lol. Now waste more time of your life, pointing out stuff that doesn't make any sense.

You should go and spend your non-virtual money on a non-vitural hobby. You need a fucking break from all this virtual obviously.
    Sigh... give up. PvP was never a big part of any Diablo game.

It was there in D2, yes. But it was never the biggest part of it. It might have had a really hardcore fanbase, sure. But that doesn't make it huge. Most of the time players spent in D2 was lvling, farming and competing on ladder... not dueling. Doesn't matter if you and your 10 000 friends played 6h every night for year, when the few million others that were playing 30min every day weren't.

As for being promised TDM by Blizzard before I bought the game? I don't remember them promising any such things. But I do remember them promising to add PvP later on... which it seems they are now. Not that I care for that much, I might give it a try when it comes.

I played Diablo II on and off for 6-7 years, 99% of the time spent playing HC. Think I dueled... twice.

Most common death while playing (10 chars at least): Iron maiden (finally nerfed), Fire enchanted (finally nerfed this as well), Burning Souls
    Second most common death while playing (5-6 chars that I can remember): PKers using exploits
    Least common death while playing (1 char): Lag
    Most common reason to losing my chars (the rest of maybe the 50+ chars I've had): Inactivity, after I got bored about the current ladder.

Edit: P.S. That's another good example. I personally fell in love with HC, and think it's the only way to play Diablo 2, but I'm in no way under the illusion that most players played HC... I think it's around 5% that mainly play HC in Diablo 3, and that's way higher then it was for D2.
    Winter is coming...
    Quote from Dav5152

However, duelling in softcore was pointless. You had nothing to lose but honor.

In hardcore you went all in. There was adrenaline and awesomeness. There was a ton of people, just like you, who couldn't handle this kind of stress.

Im sorry but whats the friggin difference?

Besides drying and having to start over again. Talk about pointless.. How about dying while leveling due to a lag bombs.

BNET was always laggy as hell. Thats the reason i stayed away from HC.

People who dueled in SC dueled for the sake of dueling. Not for the sake of dying and having to start over again.

Its all a matter of preference. Dueling was the same. HC or SC.

LMAO.. at i can't handle the stress.
    Quote from Vooodu

I couldn't handle the stress in SC2. Kept breaking out in cold sweat, that's why I quit the game :)
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Quote from Vooodu

Quote from Dav5152

However, duelling in softcore was pointless. You had nothing to lose but honor.

In hardcore you went all in. There was adrenaline and awesomeness. There was a ton of people, just like you, who couldn't handle this kind of stress.

Im sorry but whats the friggin difference?

Besides drying and having to start over again. Talk about pointless.. How about dying while leveling due to a lag bombs.

BNET was always laggy as hell. Thats the reason i stayed away from HC.

People who dueled in SC dueled for the sake of dueling. Not for the sake of dying and having to start over again.

Its all a matter of preference. Dueling was the same. HC or SC.

It's really unnecessary to argue with you about this lol. How can it possible be the same thing? You die, you lose everything or you die and everything remains untouched. How can it the possibly be the same? Jesus christ...

Also being afraid of lag is just a typical softcore player line. Well, build and gear your character proper and it will survive dc's lol. I never had this problem, how come you all sc guys having this problem? Because you fucking put stat points in strength and energy. LOL
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes