Diablo 3 != esports

PVP was a major feature in D2. No clue what your talking about.

If it wasn't for pvp i bet the 'majority' of players would have stopped playing due to boredom within 3-4 months of playing.

The hostile button was a magical button. From, duels to pking.

I mean really, i bet more than half the player base pvpd in some way, shape or form. Im not really debating this, im just stating the obvious.

Yeah... you're just stating the obvious. The obvious fact, that you have a very self-centered view. If PvP was a major feature, why has Blizzard focused on PvM features with almost every D2 patch? Why is there still no PvP at all in D3? Think about it.

And about your "guess" that more than half the players played D2 just because of PvP - sorry, but just go to any D2 forum, and look at the threads. The PvP sections are always smaller - and this is even though every thread which is remotely related to PvP is moved to that forum. If your claim was true, these forums would be flooded with content. I guess we'll never get an official figure, but your claim has absolutely no evidence.

Diablo was always less about skill; it's about killing millions of monsters and collecting loot. And it was designed such that it can be played by anyone who knows how to use a mouse.

...Cool story. How much PVP did you do in diablo 2? Probably none by that comment.

Yep, none. If you had actually read other comments, including the original first post of this thread, you would have known this.

And I personally don't need to "own" someone to have fun. If me and my mates "own" uber bosses by kicking their asses, we have fun enough.

You sound like a noob...lol. GoooOood For YouuUUuu!

I used to Necro vs Necro against great players in private games all night long just for the love of great duels. There was nothing but respect for each other and we learned alot.

Please,,, Shut up. PvM is that way------------------>

Nothing worse then some guy with no love for pvp trying to make some pointles spoint about why pvp shouldn't exist.

Nothing worse then some guy with no love for the original idea of this game trying to make some pointless point about why this game should be turned into the same shit like every other game out there.

If you like PvP, it's your opinion, but please refrain from insulting me just because I don't share your view about seeing each other player as noob if they're not as awesome as me.

PVP was a major feature in D2. No clue what your talking about.

If it wasn't for pvp i bet the 'majority' of players would have stopped playing due to boredom within 3-4 months of playing.

The hostile button was a magical button. From, duels to pking.

I mean really, i bet more than half the player base pvpd in some way, shape or form. Im not really debating this, im just stating the obvious.

Yeah... you're just stating the obvious. The obvious fact, that you have a very self-centered view. If PvP was a major feature, why has Blizzard focused on PvM features with almost every D2 patch? Why is there still no PvP at all in D3? Think about it.

And about your "guess" that more than half the players played D2 just because of PvP - sorry, but just go to any D2 forum, and look at the threads. The PvP sections are always smaller - and this is even though every thread which is remotely related to PvP is moved to that forum. If your claim was true, these forums would be flooded with content. I guess we'll never get an official figure, but your claim has absolutely no evidence.

Diablo was always less about skill; it's about killing millions of monsters and collecting loot. And it was designed such that it can be played by anyone who knows how to use a mouse.

...Cool story. How much PVP did you do in diablo 2? Probably none by that comment.

Yep, none. If you had actually read other comments, including the original first post of this thread, you would have known this.

And I personally don't need to "own" someone to have fun. If me and my mates "own" uber bosses by kicking their asses, we have fun enough.

You sound like a noob...lol. GoooOood For YouuUUuu!

I used to Necro vs Necro against great players in private games all night long just for the love of great duels. There was nothing but respect for each other and we learned alot.

Please,,, Shut up. PvM is that way------------------>

Nothing worse then some guy with no love for pvp trying to make some pointles spoint about why pvp shouldn't exist.

Nothing worse then some guy with no love for the original idea of this game trying to make some pointless point about why this game should be turned into the same shit like every other game out there.

If you like PvP, it's your opinion, but please refrain from insulting me just because I don't share your view about seeing each other player as noob if they're not as awesome as me.

BLAH BLAH BLAH. Only reasons theres no pvp in D3 is because Jay Wilson is tooo stupid to give us a duel button. Hes like you i guess... Clueless.

Also..

Please point me to the PVM part of the forum so i can whine about PvM being pointless and Diablos all about PVP....lol?

See, you don't pvp... So your opinion about PVP is a pointless fart in the wind.

And besides your a NOOB because you don't pvp yet have a crap TON of stuff to say about it. Thats what makes you a noob, its got nothing to do with being awesome.

Is there anything else you have no experience with that you have a HUGE opinion about? DurrHh

in every eSport there is always some factor to blame, in Starcraft it's balance, in MobA it's bad team and in Diablo3 it will be gearing factor, i personally prefer this way

anyway who said diablo won't be based on skill as well? there is positioning, CC management, spellshots (like ancient spear and most of ranged spells, even weaponthrow), juking spellshots, kiting, team management - there is a lot of place for strategies and skill

trading autoattacks and winning with gear alone is what casual noobs do, as a competitive player i don't accept this summary, even if gear factor will be significant it's not what I want to find blame in, and this mindset is my advantage in progressing further

"The weak are meat the strong do eat" - that's the only rule in every sport, even mindgame-based one, being overwhelmed by gear factor is a trait of the weak

This game is, at best, 10% skill and 90% gear. And of that 10%, most of it comes before the actual gameplay (theorycrafting, etc). You can have all the skill you want, you'll never beat someone who vastly outgears you. That's just how it is.
    People claiming otherwise just like to stroke their egos.

you can also say that LoL is 10% about skill and 90% about team, and yet always the same players are managing to get to the top after every queue reset - why is that?

I played thousands of games in DotA/HoN/LoL, even when enemy team is fed as hell there is always a chance of winning the game, some people are making mistakes, better players are abusing them - it's stupid and unreasonable but this is how e-sport works, it will always be like that and admitting that is the first step to progress

i won't blame you if you don't understand that, it took me 4 years to get this mindset right and it wasn't easy
    there were just so many won games people threw away (it's always hard to admit, but even by myself) and so many lost games that became victories due to some seriously retarded things enemy team did, having huge advantage and playing cocky (even on 1900+ ranked games)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes