The "Can My Computer Run It?!" FAQ

Im a little worried about my laptop specs for running Diablo III, i only recently traded in my trusty desktop for a laptop and now im worried that my machine wont be able to handle D3. This would be really disappointing as Iv been waiting for this game for so long! System spec is taken from the battle.net beta testing profile page:
    Operating System:
    Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
    CPU Type:
    Intel® Core™ i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz
    CPU Speed:
    2.42 GHz
    System Memory:
    3.8 GB
    Video Card Model:
    Intel(R) HD Graphics
    Video Card Memory:
    1.66 GB
    Video Card Driver:
    igdumdx32.dll
    Desktop Resolution:
    1366x768
    Hard Disk Size:
    446.35 GB
    Hard Disk Free Space:
    388.39 GB (87%)

Thanks very much guys!
    Quote from KingWilli

Im a little worried about my laptop specs for running Diablo III, i only recently traded in my trusty desktop for a laptop and now im worried that my machine wont be able to handle D3. This would be really disappointing as Iv been waiting for this game for so long! System spec is taken from the battle.net beta testing profile page:
    Operating System:
    CPU Type:
    Intel® Core™ i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz
    CPU Speed:
    2.42 GHz
    System Memory:
    3.8 GB
    Video Card Model:
    Intel® HD Graphics
    Video Card Memory:
    1.66 GB
    Video Card Driver:
    igdumdx32.dll
    Desktop Resolution:
    1366x768
    Hard Disk Size:
    446.35 GB
    Hard Disk Free Space:
    388.39 GB (87%)

Thanks very much guys!

You should be able to run it, reminds me of wow when I think about it. You can run it on very low specs but to get to really good settings you needed a god PC.
    It's been, what 7 years, and I still can't run WoW perfectly :(

I presume that something like that will be with D3
    Quote from Azrrael

You should be able to run it, reminds me of wow when I think about it. You can run it on very low specs but to get to really good settings you needed a god PC.
    It's been, what 7 years, and I still can't run WoW perfectly :(

I presume that something like that will be with D3

Thanks very much! Whilst id love to be able to run it all on top settings, il just be happy to have it running and putting as many hours into it as I did into D2 :D
    Hm, it appears my quoting went slightly wrong there.
    This post was awesome. Very informative. Not just in terms of Diablo 3, but in general. I had no idea about the PassMark site and will be referencing it a lot in the future. Thanks!
    I expected more demanding performances but everything went better than expected! :)
    Well sadly when I got into the Beta, My computer just could not handle it. I had no dedicated graphics card and shotty RAM.
    I will say that with the Beta on low settings it was still "playable" but definately could not handle MultiPlayer and would lag in intense fights. It killed me twice before I logged off and bought a new rig.

My new computer is set to Arrive on March 1st, I tried to go above and Beyond the Specs just to make sure I had no issues for awhile.....
    My New Rig....

AMD FX-4170 4.2Ghz Processor
    ATI Radeon HD 6870 Ice Q Turbo 1Ghz GPU x2
    16Gig Corsair RAM
    120Gig Solid State Drive
    2 TB Data Drive

Some various other bells and whistles, but the core of the Rig should be able to handle the game just fine.

Summary, The minimum specs are close, it is "playable" with less but not recommended at all if you want an enjoyable experience.
    And my suggestion, with the Release creeping ever closer.... Now is the time to make those crucial upgrades if your system is lacking.
    Good Luck all, And Happy Demon SLAYING!!
    im worried about my graphics card its a radeon hd 6620g can it run the game
    Operating System:
    CPU Type:
    Intel® Core™ i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
    CPU Speed:
    3.62 GHz
    System Memory:
    3.98 GB
    Video Card Model:
    AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
    Video Card Memory:
    2.73 GB

Will I be able to play it at max details and resolution with no slowdowns? :)
    Quote from wodnym

Operating System:
    CPU Type:
    CPU Speed:
    3.62 GHz
    System Memory:
    3.98 GB
    Video Card Model:
    Video Card Memory:
    2.73 GB

Yes, it should have no problems :).

Your max resolution depends on your screen though.
    Quote from Draxito
    Video Card Model:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
    Video Card Memory:
    3.97 GB
    You soldered an extra 3 GB Vram to your card ? imba !

Edit : I was hoping for immense requirements so the game would actually be a huge graphical boost in comparison to Blizz' other work.
    I'm really hyped and all for the game, but I doubt that my PC will be able to run the game. I was thinking of buying the collector's edition & stuff, and I really want to know if I'll be able to run the game at least decently.

Video card :
    Radeon HD 5570 with the score of 758
    CPU :
    Intel Pentium D 2.66GHz with the score of 672

Am I right in saying that i won't be able to play the game at all ? (1280x1024 resolution)

( I also have 3 GB of RAM memory )
    Future friends, what about this

****2nd Generation Intel Core i5-2450M Processor 2.50GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.1GHz, Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), 14" HD Widescreen CineCrystal LCD Display, Intel HM65 Express Chipset, 4096MB DDR3 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M with NVIDIA Optimus technology***
    I accidently got quite a bit of liqour on my old laptop last night, was looking to upgrade as well. I dont have much cash to spare and this spec is just in my price range...will the VID CARD do ok? I dont care about max settings, med settings is fine, as long as I have decent FPS and NO LAG i'm a happy camper.
    I have a question. I did see a Amd Radeon HD 6370M on the list, does anyone know if that will work for a the same number accept a D on the end? cause thats what I have -__- I sure as hell hope it does, I dont have money to go out and buy a new video card
    macmodify.com tweeted the other day about discount code "Diablo3" for guys who need mac RAM upgrades. prices seem to be decent anyways. haven't seen it tweeted again though so dunno if it's running or not.
    Quote from HoobaGooblin

You'll be able to play on medium to high, high might lag a little I predict

Quote from wodnym

Operating System:
    CPU Type:
    CPU Speed:
    3.62 GHz
    System Memory:
    3.98 GB
    Video Card Model:
    Video Card Memory:
    2.73 GB

I would say on high settings, not on ultra or another higher tier setting.

Quote from Arvachu

I have a question. I did see a Amd Radeon HD 6370M on the list, does anyone know if that will work for a the same number accept a D on the end? cause thats what I have -__- I sure as hell hope it does, I dont have money to go out and buy a new video card

Depending on your other pc specs, you'll be able to play on medium to high with that gpu
    "Just quit and wait for GW2"
    Quote from LordSnow

Quote from HoobaGooblin

You'll be able to play on medium to high, high might lag a little I predict

Quote from wodnym

Operating System:
    CPU Type:
    CPU Speed:
    3.62 GHz
    System Memory:
    3.98 GB
    Video Card Model:
    Video Card Memory:
    2.73 GB

I would say on high settings, not on ultra or another higher tier setting.

Quote from Arvachu

Depending on your other pc specs, you'll be able to play on medium to high with that gpu

Thank you very much LordSnow ^_^

I was starting to get worried there.
    very worried about my gpu..radeon hd 4200 will it run on low while still keeping everything fairly smooth and playable?
    I have a question regarding HDD's, and instead of creating a whole thread for it I thought it would be better to just post it in here. I'm currently in need of a new Hard-drive for my PC and was wondering if anyone knew of any good ones with nice RPM and internal/external transfer rates within a price range of 100$-250$.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)
    - Kurast
    Hey all, stoked for the release!!! Computer is 7 years old and looking to get a new one relatively inexpensively...
    Was wondering if I could get some input if this would be able to run Diablo 3 before I buy it.....

Thanks in advance!
    Intel i5 2320 processor
    8 GB Memory
    1 TB Hard Drive
    AMD HD 7350 graphics with 1 GB VRAM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes