D3 population gone?

Quote from Shinna1989

So im an exploiter because in the early days i played a demon hunter when smoke screen was op as fuk? Do i have to fell bad just because i could kite anything to death with my wizard only using blizzard+venom hydra? Ive cheated because i was able to find "good blue weapons" in act3/4 inferno and sold those for millions on ah?

Yes.

Quote from Shinna1989

Yes on some packs you had to res zerg em. On some you just been for 2mins in town to get the enrage away.

I rest my case.
    Quote from Bagstone

@maka: Okay, but this is something that Blizzard said multiple times before release: Hell was the highest difficulty most players would complete. Inferno would only be accessible after weeks of farming, and progress through each of the acts in Inferno would require a lot of "grinding". They were also very clear upfront with the fact that some of the gear was only accessible in these late stages of Inferno, but it would require time. This was clearly communicated multiple times and the hardcore players were okay with that at the panels they gave at Blizzcon and so on. Even I was okay with this because quite frankly, I've never had access to the top gear or any high runes in D2 either. This was not a mistake, it was a deliberate, well-communicated design decision. The two mistakes were to let 1) level 63 loot not drop in all acts in Inferno (which was hotfixed after ~2-3 weeks) and 2) don't predict the impact on the AH, accelerating the gear acquisition for some of the top players (though the very top players have their "loot teams" anyways and would've cracked Inferno almost as fast even without the AH).

I went from hell straight to Act 1 Inferno with NO farming at all. Then I went to act two and they nerfed Lingering fog, which made it harder but I was still doing it. I quit shortly after because the game sucked at that level. The only way to defeat most elites was to die over and over and wear them down. I personally didn't do any lame tricks like drag them to the site you res, but thats me, I don't like cheap tricks/exploits. Whats more the smoke screen "FIX" bugged the skill, and the mobs would chase you down even while invisible, and then smack you in the face as soon as smoke screen ended. Of course it only takes one hit to die as a glass cannon back then. Meanwhile other packs were absolutely impossible to kill, at least at that low of gear level. I made it into act 3, and I quit shortly after. The fighting style was complete shit, and utterly annoying. There wasn't one good thing about the game at that level.

Of course the wannabe hardcore idiots were ok with that idea, it was THEIR IDEA! Blizzard in an act of immeasurable stupidity actually gave them what they wanted... Yet at the EXACT time they were saying people had unrealistic nostalgic memories of D2. The people they were catering to were delusional.

Quote from Bagstone

Edit: I realize we're derailing the topic, but I guess the OP was not really interested in discussing anything anyways. The game is not dead at all, ever since 1.07 there was always at least one person online in D3, many people are coming back - but no on uses public chat. It was the first thing I left before even starting my very first quest.

The game isn't dead because 1 guy is still logged on? Just how low are your standards... When is it dead? If no one logs in for a year?

Also, wasn't that a huge complaint from the D2 kids with false memories of glorious d2 days? All that was ever in the D2 chat was bot spam...but they don't remember that... So why is everyone turning off chat after they begged to get it?
    I found Diablo 3 to be very fun, at first. The story was awful and lacked depth, but the gameplay itself was very enjoyable. Beating Inferno still in May was an impressive feat. Managing to kill Diablo or Azmodan with 5 stacks of NV up was very satisfying. Changing specs just to be able to do a particular fight for the first time (Rakanoth or Ghom), gearing for a particular resistance etc. It was fun.
    There was no "impenetrable wall", unless you sucked as a player and/or didn't want to put in the effort.

I don't see the problem with not everyone being able to beat Inferno. There are 4 difficulties, all of them the same, except for monster strength. Why do people feel entitled to beat Diablo 3 on the highest difficulty, regardless of the effort they put in?

Since Monster Power was added we have even more choice in difficulty. My grandma's dog can complete Inferno on MP0 now. But people still whine. AH too expensive? Why do you need the gear? You can run MP6 with gear bought for a 50mil budget. It's been proved many times, by threads and video guides. If you can't be asked to get the 50mil from drops you get, it's about 12 Euro from RMAH.

I'm not saying Diablo 3 is as good as it should be. However whining about the difficulty or the AH prices, like so many in this thread, is completly stupid in my opinion. Nothing in Diablo was ever too hard to beat, when you put in the effort and AH prices are dictated by the probability of drops.

On topic: Public games are running stronger than I remember since launch. There are loads of people playing. So no, the Diablo population is not gone.
    Quote from maka

Quote from Shinna1989

So im an exploiter because in the early days i played a demon hunter when smoke screen was op as fuk? Do i have to fell bad just because i could kite anything to death with my wizard only using blizzard+venom hydra? Ive cheated because i was able to find "good blue weapons" in act3/4 inferno and sold those for millions on ah?

Yes.

I was about to pull out some mad flames but you are not even worth that. :P
    Quote from Shinna1989

Quote from maka

Quote from Shinna1989

Yes.

Why do people ask questions if they don't want to hear the answers?

Also, nice job dodging this:

Quote from Shinna1989

Yes on some packs you had to res zerg em. On some you just been for 2mins in town to get the enrage away.

Yes, you exploited. Or 'cheesed'. Whatever you prefer.
    I don't know anyone who plays the game anymore. There were a couple people stil playing a few months ago but they now stopped.
    I stopped playing at the end on July with my close mates as well.
    D3 is not dead yet, but will die if they don't add more content to the game, i stoped playing because i did almost everything i wanted to do with my WD.
    Quote from carlucio

D3 is not dead yet, but will die if they don't add more content to the game, i stoped playing because i did almost everything i wanted to do with my WD.

Yeah, there's not enough content, the world is too narrow and restrictive, the quests get repetitive.
    I'm not sure the problem is the content.. but how is managed.

I can almost assure you, if they fix the itemization (without necessarily adding anything new) the game will improve immensely.
    Quote from Hiderius

Quote from carlucio

Yeah, there's not enough content, the world is too narrow and restrictive, the quests get repetitive.

I...er...ah...aside from the "world is too narrow" which could possible be argued as meaning the maps are not random enough, none of these things describe what I have seen ANY ARPG become for long term play. Once you've finished the story, all there is to do is loot and/or play other characters. Just like...any...game? With the exception of MMOs.

Quote from Indimix

I'm not sure the problem is the content.. but how is managed.

I can almost assure you, if they fix the itemization (without necessarily adding anything new) the game will improve immensely.

Completely agree. After the stupid dialogue given by the Evils, itemization fix would be the best thing for the game. Unfortunately, fixing the dialogue (without just turning it off) isn't going to happen, and anything more than a band-aid for the itemization is going to take an expansion, at minimum.
    Quote from maka

Quote from Shinna1989

Quote from maka

Quote from Shinna1989

Yes.

Quote from Shinna1989

You sir have no clue what an exploit is right? Dont use terms you dont realy understand. I never exploited the game in any ways.

An example for an exploit would be: Using the archon/teleport glitch back then to get invul. Dying, then res and head back again to the elite is clearly neither an exploit nor cheesed content. Even now if it happens that you die on a pack you just res and get back and finish it off. So you clearly exploited the game cuz i doubt you kiledl each and any pack without dying so far. :P

Waitng for the enrage is gone back in the days was sometimes the only way to kill a pack in coop game since the group had not enough dmg to kill the whole pack within 5min. You call it cheesie? Your opinion. Im not going to argue with some1 who might not even got one feet into act3/4 before 1.03 went live. ;)

Btw. so like 90% of the hc players are exploiters/cheaters cuz if they run into a pack they cant kill just head all the way back to the wp and port to town just to leave the game and remake the map?
    Why are we bragging about being in inferno again? I didn't know having lots of time to waste the 1st couple weeks the game came out was such a big accomplishment.
    Quote from Shinna1989

Quote from maka

Quote from Shinna1989

Quote from maka

Quote from Shinna1989

Yes.

Quote from Shinna1989

You sir have no clue what an exploit is right? Dont use terms you dont realy understand. I never exploited the game in any ways.

An example for an exploit would be: Using the archon/teleport glitch back then to get invul. Dying, then res and head back again to the elite is clearly neither an exploit nor cheesed content. Even now if it happens that you die on a pack you just res and get back and finish it off. So you clearly exploited the game cuz i doubt you kiledl each and any pack without dying so far. :P

Waitng for the enrage is gone back in the days was sometimes the only way to kill a pack in coop game since the group had not enough dmg to kill the whole pack within 5min. You call it cheesie? Your opinion. Im not going to argue with some1 who might not even got one feet into act3/4 before 1.03 went live. ;)

Btw. so like 90% of the hc players are exploiters/cheaters cuz if they run into a pack they cant kill just head all the way back to the wp and port to town just to leave the game and remake the map?

You are right its not an exploit. Its a laughably bad strategy forced on players by insanely bad design.
    And with a shit ton of time to waste in a game that didn't deserve more than 20-25 hours, at least at that early state.
    still enjoying d3 on and off, you just cannot play it all day every day.
    pros are definitely still around
    Quote from morbidlymystic

Idk I think we have to just accept the truth. The game when it was launched was shit. They catered to the extreme minority who just wanted to run back from the GY, and it made for a shit game. Almost everyone hit inferno and just stopped...It was dumb as hell.

If the game launched with patch 1.07, then I am sure it would be doing amazing right now. Too bad it didn't....

I mean hell there is more going on about diablo on this site 6 months before it launched then there is now...

QFT
    Quote from TheDFO

Quote from Hiderius

Quote from carlucio

I...er...ah...aside from the "world is too narrow" which could possible be argued as meaning the maps are not random enough, none of these things describe what I have seen ANY ARPG become for long term play. Once you've finished the story, all there is to do is loot and/or play other characters. Just like...any...game? With the exception of MMOs.

D3's maps are too small with quite similar layouts, rigid quest order, not enough mob variety,
    Difference is PoE, and Diablo 2 have more map randomization and bigger areas. I think it took more time to play through all Acts of D2.

The storyline of D3 is also mediocre, which detracts replayability of the same quests.

The darker aesthetics improve immersion compared to D3's washed out painting style (personal opinion shared among many). like someone threw water on a Salvador Dali.
    Quote from morbidlymystic
    D3 population gone?

And you found that out just now ?
    My Friendlist is empty for over a half year now, nobody of my old friends is playing anymore.

Everybody i know is nerding PoE currently, its simply the better aRPG.
    And the rest plays DotA2 ;)

Some also went back to WoW (MoP expansion) and also stopped playing again.
    I dunno, Blizzard is somehow...not interesting anymore :D
    I have a para level 50 Monk and para level 40 Wizard. Auction House geared for like 95%. I found one good top tier item since launch and that was an trifecta amu. By this time in Diablo 2 i would have an Enigmadin with Hoto and CTA. Mostly self found items and some traded.

Mostly I play the game for myself and my own pleasure and the excitment to find fat loots, that my characters can use main or alts. This doesn't happen at all in this game. It's 99% shit loot and when i decided to reroll Wizard i had basically zero items to gear it with and i had to visit AH to buy all the current gear except the amu.

The game is not rewarding at all, i find lots of legendaries, ALL OF THEM ARE SHIT, 100% i shit you not. They have to fix the rewards in the game. And the latest patch with craftables, well still doesn't make it. I have no gold to craft anything. I AM POOR! :)

As people pointed out, i love the combat, the engine is awesome and the game has so much potential. I will come back to the game in the future when i see something happen but for now I am done.

And for the record, Path of Exile fucking sucks even more, clunky ass gameplay.
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes