Stone of Jordan?

Hey all,

Just had 2 questions.

First, is an SOJ worth it on a monk?

Second, what is the stat priority of an SOJ for a monk?
    + lightning damage and + FoS damage. Ofc you'd want the highest + against elites possible, but FoS rings are really expensive last time I checked.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from Bleu42

+ lightning damage and + FoS damage. Ofc you'd want the highest + against elites possible, but FoS rings are really expensive last time I checked.

The dmg affix doesnt realy matter. I would go for cold since its a "snare". If you play a standard build with FoT/SW Cyclones i would go for an soj with sw dmg increase.

SOJ is nice for higher mp(at least 7) and/or ubers. Just not worth for farming on lower mp
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.
    As far as i know +elemental damage on SoJ (and in every item anyway), applies only to the physical damage done by your weapon. There is a blue post that explains that.
    If for example you have a weapon that has 100 physical damage and your SoJ adds 6% elemental damage, as fire for example, your weapon will do 100 physical damage + 6 damage as fire.
    Quote from Bleu42

Why "+lightning damage"? (please don't say "Because of FoT").
    Quote from Shinna1989

Quote from Bleu42

The dmg affix doesnt realy matter. I would go for cold since its a "snare". If you play a standard build with FoT/SW Cyclones i would go for an soj with sw dmg increase.

SOJ is nice for higher mp(at least 7) and/or ubers. Just not worth for farming on lower mp

Dont need cold damage since you will have scoundrel with a Buriza.
    Elemental Damage affixe is override by the element of used skills. However, only Frozen damage is noticable if you don't use elemental skill like FoT/Thunderclap or Cyclone cause it can chill ennemies. Otherwise, it doesn't matter.

But it's really really good with black weapon cause it scale at his maximum potential.
    I dunno man.... a decently rolled hellfire will get far higher dps imho... and your other ring is probably going to be Nats....
    Quote from Shinna1989

I have to disagree here; probably the best use for SoJ is mp0-1 tempest rush farming with +damage to sweeping winds and a good spirit regen. You can swap out with a good dps ring for when you cast sweeping winds initially.
    Quote from hiro_za

I dunno man.... a decently rolled hellfire will get far higher dps imho... and your other ring is probably going to be Nats....

My Hellfire ring is not the best, but taking it off makes me lose 45k dps. Adding a stone of jordan (6% elemental dmg, 30 to elites and 5% sweeping winds is what I have) still give me more dps. My SoJ is actually 15% more dps compared to my decent hellfire ring (tested on Azmodan MP10 numerous times). Imagine what a better SoJ could do :S
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes