Inferno Survival Build (least gear dependent build)

I use a pretty similar build, but i'm stuck in Inferno Act 2. I wiped more or less, you loose more gold than you can farm, but i'm able to defeat most opponents and even some of the champions and rares. It is just really hard and takes a lot of patience. But it is also fun.
    Perhaps I'm just a effin noob, but I read this and it was like I finally figured out monk lol, just cleared skeleton king, 5 neph and killed all packs on my way down to him. Thanks SOOOOO much for this :) :) :)
    this build is strong. ive cleared 80% of act 1 with this. my gear is lame (no vit whatsoever) but im having trouble only with molten or fire chain elites or those ridiculous combos (jail + arcane)
    "Mess with the best, die like the rest"
    Quote from Dines

Perhaps I'm just a effin noob, but I read this and it was like I finally figured out monk lol, just cleared skeleton king, 5 neph and killed all packs on my way down to him. Thanks SOOOOO much for this :) :) :)

Quote from Fuleira

this build is strong. ive cleared 80% of act 1 with this. my gear is lame (no vit whatsoever) but im having trouble only with molten or fire chain elites or those ridiculous combos (jail + arcane)

I'm glad to see that some people benefited from the info and build, you're welcome :)
    however, if you're doing average with it in act 1, that means you'll get slaughtered in act 2 without farming a bit more, don't leave act 1 until you are comfortably zipping through all champions and bosses at a noticeable ease.
    Great build, no damage but at least I can do inferno now thanks for the post. +1
    I guess I will have to get used to the kiting aspect! Still having trouble with chains and molten packs - I will post my specs once get home.
    Thx a lot, Great build. I can kill Diablo in Hell now:)
    Hey guys, is there something I am missing in game?
    But I didn't see an option to have more then 1 defensive ability. Can you help me out? Cheers.
    Zetti, it's a option... options->gameplay... something like that, I reply from my job and I'm not sure... You need to check the last box if i remember...
    Quote from Bloodymando

and which also justifies why investing any further in dodge abilities will yield less than optimum results taking diminishing returns on dodge into account. (Hence no dodge passive, no fists of thunder with dodge rune, no cyclone strike with dodge rune)

This is true, but cyclone strike is indispensible in Inferno when playing co-operative. The ranged (desperately) need the peels.

My understanding is aggro is somewhat random, but proximately is a key factor.

I'd sub out Sweeping wind for Cyclone playing Co-op, and probably Divine Protection for Backlash as well.
    Great build for inferno up to act 2 , haven't been able to progress there yet due to a lack of gear.
    Good job writing it and keep it updated !! :)
    A really nice build you posted. I'm runing pretty similar build, just instead of Blinding Flash i'm using Seven Sided Strike with stun chance rune, fear rune for Breath of Heavens (that short fear + cripling wave slow allow you to reposition yourself) and One with Everything passive instead of Seize the Initiative (even though i'm loosing out on extra 1K armor, 360 resistance to everything helps a lot + i'm runing with shield anyway).

P.S. Loot goblins are bitches with this build, especially if they've other monsters around and you can't get full SSS in them.
    P.P.S. It's a real shame that most items with live gain/spirit spent or spirit/sec have awfull other stats.
    Your build is almost exactly the same as mine :)

The only difference is, that i use Deadly Reach, for kiting purposes.

It is really useful, to be able to stand just outside the aoe from desecrator elites, or run from fire chain elites,
    and still be able to do damage/regain spirit.

Oh, and i also use cyclone strike instead of your sweeping wind.
    With cyclone strike, i can pull one elite away from the others.
    Which helps a lot with fire chain mobs, og against lasers,
    as you can just pull your elite of choice, away from the danger zone,
    and hopefully burn it down.

I runed Cyclone strike with wall of wind, that gives 20% dodge.
    So that would compare somewhat, to your 20% less damage, with crippling wave.

Other than that, we have the excact same build :)

Im just about to clear Hell diff, and i might swap to crippling wave, in inferno,
    as cyclone strikes dodge buff, only benefits me, and not the whole team, as crippling wave does.

Beb*
    Okay so I did this build through Act 1 Inferno, and it helped quite a bit, but now I'm in Act 2. I'm now getting SHIT ON!

I was thinking about dropping the Transcendence passive for One With Everything, and pick up 1 resistance on all my gear (along with Vitality and Dexterity or Increased Attack Speed).

What do you guys think? Is it worth the trouble? Will it help me live?
    In case you are interested there is a little demonstration of me using this build, little modified though on Inferno Act 3 with a Life per Hit weapon. Pay attention how much my health drops and gets back to full without even using the cooldowns. My gear is really not good either, but the weapon makes up for it.

Oh, and sorry for the low FPS, my PC sux :(

http://www.xfire.com/video/5754cf/
    Quote from silverhound4D

In case you are interested there is a little demonstration of me using this build, little modified though on Inferno Act 3 with a Life per Hit weapon. Pay attention how much my health drops and gets back to full without even using the cooldowns. My gear is really not good either, but the weapon makes up for it.

Oh, and sorry for the low FPS, my PC sux :(

http://www.xfire.com/video/5754cf/

Watched it for a little and just said "wow" outloud. You're lucky to have a 1k dps weapon with 19% IAS and 900 hp per hit. Amazing weapon!
    Hello guys,

First, sry for my poor english, but french diablo official forums are just horrible for feedback.

I have a pretty similar build, I rape act 1. (just switch run on heal for act 1 for +15% to avoid Butcher enrage)
    I'm actually on act 3, I cleared act 2 with lot of difficulte and I skipped lot of champ pack. (hi, lava, molten chain, profanation wall ect...)

I have 48K health, 10K5 dps, 510 all resist and 5184 armor (63.34 miti).

I have always strong problems with champion pack in act 2/3.

So, I testing a lot of build and I seen an unused talent :

Mortal Strike.
    With run, you gain 50% armor for 4scd.
    With this, I reach more than 7K armor (72% miti).
    Run on evasion mantra seems pretty usless (only 2% miti win) so I pick backlash.

I didn't really tested this spirit generator for the moment, some of you tested it ?
    I know it had some default ;it don't interupt mobs on third hit (usless on elit pack but so useful on waves) and it is not efficient like FoT/CW for damage/aoe.

But 72% miti seems pretty OP.

I think this talent will be very good for duo or more.

What do you think about that ?

(sry for my fking horrible english !)
    Wrong edit.
    Quote from GhostLoad

Okay so I did this build through Act 1 Inferno, and it helped quite a bit, but now I'm in Act 2. I'm now getting SHIT ON!

I was thinking about dropping the Transcendence passive for One With Everything, and pick up 1 resistance on all my gear (along with Vitality and Dexterity or Increased Attack Speed).

That is a good idea for inferno/hell.
    I am stacking lightning resist, and using one with everything.
    I have not stacked an insane amount of lightning resist,
    and i still get 55% less damage from all magic attacks.

In my opinion, one with everything is one of the more useful passives,
    as i really only have trouble with elites, who use mostly magic-based attacks.
    Quote from GhostLoad

this is definitely a good choice to make if you are lacking resistance gear wise until you can replace it with transcendence later on
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes