Barb looking to push from 130k dps up to 200k. thoughts?

Quote from TehSilph

Is there some trick to filtering the AH to only display black weapons?

No, but sorting by the highest DPS displays pretty much them first.
    I cannot look at your profile for some reason. :(

Here is what I did to go from 180k unbuffed, to now a beautiful 253k unbuffed:

-- Bought a Mempo with CHC, 4% with 180ish STR, bought it for 220mil. Score. 12kish dmg increase.

-- New EF, gave me another 12k dmg.
    -- New WH belt, gave me about 14k along with 69AR/+HP.

-- Picked up a new Ammy for about 60mil, gave me an 11k dps increase.
    -- Picked up a upgraded Lacuni with 6% CHC etc. That gave about 8-9k dps increase.
    -- I also maxed all my STR gems and crafted 2 Marq Emeralds for both of my weapons, alot of easy dps there.

Sitting at over 454k buffed with everything up. I think nowadays its alittle easy to find uprades as prices for in between gear is going down? It seems like it anyways...
    "Get busy living or get busy dieing.."

Twitch.tv: twitch.tv/mehsiah | Youtube/Twitter in the future.
    Well i took some of the suggestions in this thread. im up to about 175K dps unbuffed, 200k buffed with BR. elites die much faster. im going to run a hota/ww variant. might just switch full on to a HOTA build, it really seems like a fun play style.

edit just noticed i bought a fire damage SoJ instead of a cold damage one. oh well. ;)
    Quote from TehSilph

Well i took some of the suggestions in this thread. im up to about 175K dps unbuffed, 200k buffed with BR. elites die much faster. im going to run a hota/ww variant. might just switch full on to a HOTA build, it really seems like a fun play style.

edit just noticed i bought a fire damage SoJ instead of a cold damage one. oh well. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crIg1udxi0E

Its a hoot!

I ALSO RECORDED A VIDEO of my post upgrade killing!
    Quote from Mehsiah

-- Bought a Mempo with CHC, 4% with 180ish STR, bought it for 220mil. Score. 12kish dmg increase.

-- Picked up a upgraded Lacuni with 6% CHC etc. That gave about 8-9k dps increase.
    -- I also maxed all my STR gems and crafted 2 Marq Emeralds for both of my weapons, alot of easy dps there.

Sitting at over 454k buffed with everything up. I think nowadays its alittle easy to find uprades as prices for in between gear is going down? It seems like it anyways...

wait, what? 253k unbuffed and only 454k buffed?

ive got just above 200k and im almost at 500k with buffs up:S
    Quote from Strafir

Quote from TehSilph

Is there some trick to filtering the AH to only display black weapons?

No, but sorting by the highest DPS displays pretty much them first.

Of course there is. Simply put in the "average damage" and it will only display black weapons - or elemental weapons which have a "black" part over the requirements. The "avg damage" on weapons only refers to black damage, whereas elemental damage can be found as "avg cold damage", "avg fire damage etc".

Keep in mind, though that "average damage" does not mean the same as DPS. So, if you want to look for a 1000+ DPS Black Sword, you'd divide the 1000 DPS by a sword's attack speed (+bonus attack speed tolerance, if you want a weapon with +IAS). So, for a sword you'd just fill the filter with "Average Damage: 666" (for example) and it will only show Black weapons and rarely ever some super good elemental weapons if any.
    Quote from seraphim4

Quote from Mehsiah

wait, what? 253k unbuffed and only 454k buffed?

ive got just above 200k and im almost at 500k with buffs up:S

Sry, not to familiar with sites on configuring true dps. Sorted it out now, I sit at 566k fully buffed. *Unsure if I missed out on things. Using d3rawr.

Looks like your progressing well. Just want to say that you don't need LS on both weapons if you're running blood lust. LS on one weapon is suffiicient. You can get a higher damage weapon and drop LS on one of them.

I get by with just 2.6LS. Against ubers i'll run blood lust as well for 5.6 total.

Another thing is check your WW/sprint breakpoints. You'll likely be able to hit a higher breakopint by going with a sword off hand (dagger off hand is good for sprint but too low damage for HOTA). Higher breakpoint means more true damage, fury regen, and thus life leech.
    Quote from RasAlgethi24

Looks like your progressing well. Just want to say that you don't need LS on both weapons if you're running blood lust. LS on one weapon is suffiicient. You can get a higher damage weapon and drop LS on one of them.

I get by with just 2.6LS. Against ubers i'll run blood lust as well for 5.6 total.

Another thing is check your WW/sprint breakpoints. You'll likely be able to hit a higher breakopint by going with a sword off hand (dagger off hand is good for sprint but too low damage for HOTA). Higher breakpoint means more true damage, fury regen, and thus life leech.

For the love of god dont miss out on getting life steal on both weapons. To play properly anywhere you need the 5+ life steal and prioritizing a shitty amount of other stat vs a passive is just dumb.

Please dont pick crit dmg and low attack speed for both weapons just to up your sheet dps instead of taking your current 566k dps and multiplying it by 0.3.
    ^1 source of LS + bloodthirst is already 5+ ls. It's more than enough. In fact I only run bloodthirst against mp10 ubers. Otherwise, 2.6 is fine for me all cases.

Who recommended a slower weapon? If you read my post I actually recommend a faster weapon than an axe as off hand.

Seems like you're just ranting to rant.
    Quote from RasAlgethi24

^1 source of LS + bloodthirst is already 5+ ls. It's more than enough. In fact I only run bloodthirst against mp10 ubers. Otherwise, 2.6 is fine for me all cases.

Who recommended a slower weapon? If you read my post I actually recommend a faster weapon than an axe as off hand.

Seems like you're just ranting to rant.

The HP conversion rate vs reflect while you take damage just isnt there with less than 5 percent, which means every time you get a reflect pack with any elemental damage factor you would either die very fast or have to slow down a crapload to deal with the pack which slows you down too much and makes it just generally uncomfortable. Using a IK belt while dual wielding is rather pointless.

Secondly, prioritizing attack speed from a dagger and completely gimping your weapon damage on your second damage just to get a few ticks more on a tornado that barely ever functions for its full duration is just dumb. Breakpoints just arnt that interesting when youre sacrificing damage because of it.
    I dont use an IK belt. I just use 2.6 weapon and 3 from bloodlust and I rarely die. I solo mp10 ubers without a problem. I do anywhere form 5-10 uber carries a day and 5.6LS is more than enough for any situation on mp10.

I recommended a sword as an off hand, better than an axe any day. I only mentioned a dagger off hand for sprint since sprint's damage is only based on main hand damage. For anything else I would go EF+sword. Read carefully and take a look at my profile.
    IMO, the best are good mace / axe with EF as OH in my mind, i have wrong ?
    Quote from Isdrydge

IMO, the best are good mace / axe with EF as OH in my mind, i have wrong ?

Right now Im using an EF as my MH, then an AXE as my OH. (Off hand has 100% CD/ 3.00% LS/ Open Socket, etc. Look at my armory in profile if you want to see more. It was the only thing closest to the dps I had before finding a LS weapon. So worth it.)

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes