Hi guys, Powerthirst here with a build guide i have been working on since the launch. I would like to thank the community for all of the ideas and changes to this over the past week. Take your skulls to KHORNE.
My gear : https://www.d3planner.com/245351376
BigDaddyDen did a little video on this build : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HtJaZxzSQM&feature=youtu.be
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
When you encounter enemies apply Decrepify to as many enemies as possible, this will apply a 70% slow to them and reduce their damage by 30%, it will also apply the 50% Damage Reduction from Dayntee's Binding and apply the 100% Damage Bonus of your Krisbin's Sentence, the more enemies you curse the more 1% Increased Damage stacks you get from the Spreading Malediction passive.
Then use Bone Armour to get 10 Stacks giving you 30% Damage Reduction and triggering the 300% bonus damage on your Skeletal Mages. Next start casting Skeletal Mages, you will cast 2 at a time from your Circle Of Naliuj's Evol to get 10 and using life to cast them will give you 3300% Bonus Damage from your Trag'Oul's Avatar 6 Piece Bonus.
Then use Command Skeleton to focus a target which will trigger the 400% Damage Bonus from Jesseth's Arms set and Freeze the enemy giving you the full 300% Damage Bonus from Krisbin's Sentence.
Once you start killing enemies you will create corpses, Devour these to regen Essence and Life and create Health Globes from your Life From Death Passive for you and your team and when you are max health you will start getting up to 100 stacks of your Trag'Oul's Avatar 4 set which gives you 1% Total Life per stack, doubling your healthpool..
Then use Blood Siphon on the main target to pull in all Health Globes which will trigger your Reapers Wraps and give you more essence, also triggering your Blood For Blood passive making your next spell cost no life. Channelling this will mean you are standing still also giving your 100% Bonus Damage from the Endless Walk Set
Keep casting Decrepify and Skeletal Mages whilst channelling Blood Siphon to maximise the amount of Dizzying Curse stuns to give you more bonus damage against crowd controlled enemies. Maintain your Bone Armour Stacks
- Kill every enemy you see in your rift, you thrive from corpses and your Command Skeleton will refocus a target and Freeze them on death making your Skeletal Mages clear rooms.
- Maintain your Bone Armour Stacks at 10, your Skeletal Mages at 10, your 4 piece Trag'Oul's Avatar set at 100 and always make sure Command Skeleton border is highlighted and active.
- You can numlock trick Devour to keep it always auto casting (Hold Numlock and the key then release, or F7 and the keybind on Mac)
- Stay at a distance and always keep casting Decrepify whilst channelling, it will control all enemies and greatly reduce the chance of you being oneshot.
- Skip Juggernaut affix Elite Packs. None of your bonus damage vs Crowd Control will work on them and it will make your life hell.
- I Reccomend choosing the Enchantress follower for solo, she has 3 CC's which all proc your Bonus Damage.
- High Single Target Damage
- High Crowd Control
- Globe Generating Machine for your team making you a sort of Hybrid Dps/Support.
- Active playstyle making it high Apm and keeps you focused.
- High Toughness compared to other Necromancer sets.
- You lose your Bone Armour, 4 Set Total Life and Minions on death, making it tough to restart in the middle of a fight, try not to die.
- Reliant on corpses to continue fighting, can struggle verses a single enemy without Blood Siphon.
- Low Mobility unless Blood Rush variant.
- Reliant on Crowd Control for Damage
Alternative build setups:
- You can drop the Endless Walk set for Lornelle's Sunstone and Wisdom Of kalahn for an incredibly high Toughness build.
- You can drop Reapers Wraps for Ancient Parthan Defender's if you require more Survival.
- You Can Replace Esoteric Alteration for either Zei's Stone Of Vengeance or Bane Of The Stricken and Dayntee's Binding for The Witching Hour for
- more of a Glass Cannon build.
- You can replace Blood Siphon for Blood Rush for a faster high mobility build for farming.
- Simulacrum Variant : http://www.diablofans.com/builds/91705-gr-85-simulacrum-for-the-blood-god
Skeletal Mage Damage Multipliers 400% Weapon damage x 3300% From Trag'Oul's Avatar 6 Piece Bonus, 300% from Scythe Of The Cycle, 400% From Jesseth's Arms 2 Piece Bonus, 100-300% from Krysbin's Sentence, 100% from the Endless Walk set 1% Per Stack of the Spreading Malediction Passive , 30-50% + from Enforcer, 30-50% + from Bane Of The Trapped 1% Bonus Damage
If you would like to talk or Theorycraft in game and run anything together feel free to message me over at Powerthirst#2718