PTR 2.6.10 Preview Blog
The PTR for patch 2.6.10 begins on October 1! This patch introduces a plethora of changes to existing legendary items and the seasonal theme for Season 22. The PTR will consist of two phases. Phase 1 will introduce the item changes, and Phase 2 (which begins October 8) will introduce the Seasonal Theme.
A few other important changes include Haedrig's Gift awarding all of the newly added sets this season, Stone Gauntlets now drop for all classes, and the Paragon Bonus Gold Find has been changed to Gold Pickup Radius at 0.1 per point!
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment (Official Post)
Our two-week PTR testing period for the 2.6.10 update begins October 1 and we're asking for your help to quell the tides of surging demons. Take a look at the preliminary patch notes below and start theorycrafting how you'll make the most of the brand-new season content, a new item, and tons of Legendary item changes; Patch 2.6.10 will be arriving soon.
Please note that this is a preview for PTR content, which is subject to change.
We’ll be conducting the Patch 2.6.10 PTR, and phasing in content updates over the course of two weeks, starting Thursday, October 1. During this time there may be periodic maintenances, outages, hotfixes, or minor patches. This time around, testing will consist of two phases:
- Phase 1 - October 1: During this phase, we will be introducing Legendary and Set item changes
- Phase 2 – October 8: In this phase, we will be adding the Seasonal Theme content
NOTE: Phase 1 content will persist throughout the entirety of the PTR. Phase 2 content will be an addition to the existing content.
There will be two PTR-unique buffs active to help you on your journey: increased Legendary drop rate and double Blood Shard drops. You can also buy new gear for testing from the special PTR vendor, Djank Mi'em, who will exchange Blood Shards for class-specific bags full of Legendary items that we'd love for you to test!
Class Changes: To ensure that the most significant class changes receive an ample amount of attention, we'd love for you to focus testing and feedback on the Wizard changes around Etched Sigils and Hydras, the Crusader’s Steed Charge build, and the Witch Doctor’s Crazy Chicken build.
As with our previous PTRs, this testing period is short, so it's best to hit the ground running. Whether you’re a PTR veteran or newcomer, we thought we’d pass along a few tips to get you started.
- Because of the limited duration of this PTR, we ask that participants pick a particular portion of this update to focus on testing.
- For example, if you’re primarily a Wizard player, consider what changes impact the Wizard specifically. What you like best, what you think may still need adjustment, and what you’d want to see in the future (even if that may be beyond the scope of this patch) are all good questions to ask yourself.
- Prior to the start of PTR, consider stocking up on items like Puzzle Rings and Bovine Bardiches. Having these available after you import your character can make any necessary PTR farming much faster!
- Try to break things! Just tell us when you do so we can make sure that the patch launch is as smooth as possible.
- When providing feedback, focus less on a solution and more on your experience. How did the changes make you feel? Was there something “off” that you noticed? Did something seem wrong or insufficient? Suggestions are always welcome but identifying the issues themselves is most important.
Below you will find the patch notes for the upcoming update for Diablo III, Patch 2.6.10.
Table of Contents:
Note: All changes apply to all versions of Diablo III, including PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC unless otherwise indicated. Please note that PTR is only available for PC and Mac users.
The shadows, they are moving, and they seem… animated. It is as though they had a will of their own. Whatever this trickery is, perhaps you can use it to your advantage. Let’s see what the demons say when you fight side by side with your own shadow!
Shadows of the Past: Activating a Shrine/Pylon will spawn in a shadow clone of your class. This clone will randomly have 1 out of 3 predetermined builds. This clone's power will scale with your character and will last for 1 minute or if your character dies. See below for the shadow clone variations that can spawn when activating.
Build Variation 1 Build Variation 2 Build Variation 3 Grasp of the Dead - Rain of Corpses Wall of Death - Fire Wall Mass Confusion - Mass Hallucination Piranhas - Piranhado Firebomb - Flash Fire Spirit Barrage - The Spirit is Willing Wall of Death - Surrounded by Death Hex - Unstable Form Wall of Death - Communing with Spirits Zombie Charger - Zombie Bears Piranhas - Piranhado Piranhas - Piranhado Corpse Spiders - Medusa Spiders Zombie Charger - Explosive Beast Horrify - Face of Death Hex - Jinx Spirit Barrage - Well of Souls Grasp of the dead - Unbreakable Grasp
Build Variation 1 Build Variation 2 Build Variation 3 Arcane Orb - Frozen Orb Meteor - Molten Impact Arcane Orb - Obliteration Frost Nova - Bone Chill Arcane Orb - Obliteration Disintegrate - Intensify Blizzard - Unrelenting Storm Explosive Blast - Short Fuse Wave of Force - Debilitating Force Ice Armor - Frozen Storm Black Hole - Blazar Slow Time - Exhaustion Black Hole - Absolute Zero Energy Twister - Gale Force Energy Twister - Raging Storm Ray of Frost - Snow Blast Disintegrate - Convergence Meteor - Star Pact
Build Variation 1 Build Variation 2 Build Variation 3 Seismic Slam - Shattered Ground Battle Rage - Marauder's Rage Overpower - Killing Spree Ground Stomp - Jarring Slam Threatening Shout - Falter Threatening Shout - Falter Avalanche - Volcano Wrath of The Berserker - Insanity Furious Charge - Battering Ram Earthquake - Molten Fury Sprint - Run Like the Wind Wrath of The Berserker - Insanity Wrath of The Berserker - Insanity Whirlwind - No Rune Bash - Pulverize Ancient Spear - Boulder Toss Rend - Lacerate Hammer of The Ancients - Rolling Thunder
Build Variation 1 Build Variation 2 Build Variation 3 Blinding Flash - Faith in the Light Fist of Thunder - Thunderclap Exploding Palm - The Flesh is Weak Seven-Sided Strike - Fulminating Onslaught Deadly Reach - Scattered Blows Wave of Light - Explosive Light Inner Sanctuary - Sanctified Ground Way of the Hundred Fists - Hands of Lightning Lashing Tail Kick - Spinning Flame Kick Epiphany - Soothing Mist Lashing Tail Kick - Sweeping Armada Epiphany - Inner Fire Breath of Heaven - Circle of Scorn Dashing Strike - Barrage Sweeping Wind - Fire Storm Wave of Light - Empowered Wave Cyclone Strike - Implosion Seven-Sided Strike - Sudden Assault
Build Variation 1 Build Variation 2 Build Variation 3 Land of the Dead - Frozen Lands Land of the Dead - Plaguelands Land of the Dead - Frozen Lands Frailty - Volatile Death Decrepify - Wither Bone Spear - Shatter Bone Spirit - Possession Army of the Dead - Blighted Grasp Death Nova - Bone Nova Corpse Explosion - Final Embrace Corpse Lance - Ricochet Frailty - Early Grave Bone Spear - Blood Spear Death Nova - Blight Army of the Dead - Death Valley Death Nova - Blood Nova Bone Spear - Blighted Marrow Corpse Lance - Blood Lance
Build Variation 1 Build Variation 2 Build Variation 3 Marked for Death - Valley of Death Marked for Death - Valley of Death Marked for Death - Valley of Death Caltrops - Jagged Spikes Rain of Vengeance - Stampede Rain of Vengeance- Flying Strike Fan of Knives - Assassin's Knives Cluster Arrow - Shooting Stars Cluster Arrow - Maelstrom Chakram - Twin Chakrams Multishot - Arsenal Multishot - Wind Chill Vengeance - Side Cannons Vengeance - Personal Mortar Vengeance - From the Shadows Impale - Ricochet Elemental Arrow - Immolation arrow Elemental Arrow - Frost Arrow
Build Variation 1 Build Variation 2 Build Variation 3 Akarat's Champion - Fire Starter Akarat's Champion - Hasteful Akarat's Champion - Rally Falling Sword - Superheated Falling Sword - Flurry Falling Sword - Part the Clouds Sweep Attack - Blazing Sweep Judgment - Mass Verdict Heaven's Fury - Split Fury Consecration - Shattered Ground Consecration - Bathed in Light Fist of the Heavens - Retribution Bombardment - Annihilate Blessed Hammer - Limitless Iron Skin - Charged Up Condemn - Reciprocate Condemn - Reciprocate Shield Glare - Uncertainty
Rewards: Two unique new rewards, a portrait frame, and a pet will be granted to players who complete the Season 22 Guardian Journey.
Kanai’s Cube: Additionally, the Kanai’s Cube will have a fourth slot this season. This fourth slot will have the choices of the first 3 slots but will not stack with any of them. The intent is to provide players with creative flexibility to their character builds.
- Haedrig’s Gifts now grants all class sets and we have a new rotation schedule. This upcoming season, depending on which class you choose, Haedrig’s Gifts will reward you with Horde of the Ninety Savages, Aegis of Valor, Gears of Dreadlands, Patterns of Justice, Masquerade of the Burning Carnival, Mundunugu’s Regalia, or Typhon’s Veil.
- Stone Gauntlets now drops for all classes.
- Paragon Bonus Gold Find has been changed to Gold Pickup Radius at 0.1 per point.
- New Item* Gelmindor’s Marrow Guards: Bone Spear cast from Simulacrums deal 400-500% increased damage.
- Ivory Tower: Rapid multiple blocks will now scale the damage for Fires of Heaven, up to a maximum of 2.5 times damage.
- Mantle of Channeling: Removed the 1 second start up before the power takes effect.
- Etched Sigil: While channeling Arcane Torrent, Disintegrate, or Ray of Frost, the damage of your Energy Twister is increased by 200-250%, and you also cast Energy Twister every second.
- Fragment of Destiny: Your Signature Spells attack 50% faster and deal triple damage. You gain a Spectral buff whenever you land an attack with a Signature Spell. Hydras deal 25-30% increased damage for each Spectral stack. Max 10 stacks.
- Valthek's Rebuke: Energy Twister now travels in a straight path and deals 300-400% increased damage.
- Winter Flurry: Enemies killed by Cold damage have a 25% chance to release a Frost Nova. Your Hydra deals 125-150% increased damage to enemies in a Blizzard.
- Wizardspike: Performing an attack has a 25% chance to hurl a Frozen Orb. Arcane Orb deals 300-350% increased damage.
- Delsere's Magnum Opus: 6 piece bonus increased from 8500% to 12500%.
- The Typhon's Veil: 6 piece bonus increased from 1300% to 2000%.
- Nervold's Fervor: Buff 2 piece bonus damage from 100% to 400%
- Armor of Akkhan: Buff 6 piece bonus damage from 1500% to 2000%
- Roland's Legacy: Buff 4 piece bonus damage from 13,000% to 17,500%
- Seeker of the Light: Buff 6 piece Blessed Hammer bonus damage from 12,000% to 15,000%
- Belt of the Trove: Every 4 seconds, call down Bombardment on a random nearby enemy. Bombardment deals 400-500% increased damage.
- Mortal Drama: Double the number of Bombardment impacts. Bombardement deals 400-500% increased damage.
- Manajuma's Way: Angry Chicken explosion damage increased from 400% to 2000%.
- Spirit of Arachyr: Buff 6 piece bonus damage from 9000% to 17,500%.
- Helltooth Harness: Buff 6 piece bonus damage from 9000% to 17,500%.
- Scrimshaw: Reduces the Mana cost of Zombie Charger by 75% and increases its damage by 6-7 times.
- Inna's Mantra: Buff 6 piece bonus damage from 750% to 950%.
- Shenlong's Spirit: Damage bonus increased from 200% to 350%.
- Gungdo Gear: Exploding Palm's on-death explosion applies Exploding Palm. Exploding Palm's damage is increased by 75-100%.
- Blade of the Tribe: War Cry and Threatening Shout cause an Avalanche and Earthquake. Avalance and Earthquake both deal 150-200% increased damage
To participate in the public test, you must have a Diablo III game license attached to a Battle.net account in good standing (i.e. one that hasn't been suspended or banned). In addition, you will also need to download and install the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app if you have not already done so.
Step 1: Restart the Battle.net desktop app.
Step 2: Navigate to the Diablo III tab on the left-hand menu.
Step 3: On the Diablo III screen, there is a drop-down menu right above the "Play" button (note that this may say "Install" if you do not have Diablo III currently installed). Select "PTR: Diablo III" from this drop-down menu before proceeding.
Step 4: Click Install to begin the installation process.
Your PTR account will be created automatically if you do not already have one. The PTR is available in all supported languages, and accounts from all regions are eligible to participate. For additional assistance with installing and launching the PTR, click here.
The option to copy your existing Diablo III characters from your live account to the PTR will be available and can be done directly through the PTR client. However, only one region per account can be copied at a time. So, if you choose to copy characters from your account in a different region, any previously copied PTR characters will be lost.
Step 1: Log into the live game and then log out.
Step 2: Log into PTR client and create a level 1 character. After you're done, return to the main character screen.
Step 3: Click on the "PTR Copy" button located in the upper right-hand corner. (The PTR Copy button will not appear in-game until you have created a new level 1 character.)
Step 4: Select your region.
Step 5: Click "Copy." This will copy all characters on your account from the selected region.
Step 6: You will be disconnected from the PTR client.
Step 7: Log back in. Your copied characters will be available for play.
Please note that you can only copy characters from one gameplay region at a time. If you choose to copy characters from a different region, any previously copied PTR characters will be lost. In addition, you can only copy characters over to your PTR account once every 24 hours. Attempting to copy characters before this cooldown is up will result in an error.
As this is a test server, please anticipate uneven game performance, and note that restarts and downtime may occur without warning. Thank you, and we look forward to your feedback!