After over a decade of bringing you the latest Diablo news and builds, DiabloFans will be shutting down on March 21st, 2019. On this date, we will archive the site in an effort to preserve the history. Thanks for your patronage throughout the years.
I've created a tool to calculate your effective health pool based on your stats.
The tool is now build so that it can support all classes, Curently implemented are:
- Witch Doctor
- Demon Hunter will follow soon.
- with / without dodge
- with melee / ranged / magic specific reduction
- with skills increasing your EHP someway
- toggling skills on and off to compare them
- EHP gain for +1 vit, +1 resist, +10 armor
this is mostly because I haven't bothered with optimizing it (atm the onchange events trigger itself, thankfully backbone handles that fairly well).
You can input your base armor, resistance, VIT and life %, it will generate your final life, armor, resistance (which should match your character screen).
Behind all the checkboxes it displays the EHP if you would change it (checked<->uncked) and how much %% change that would be.
That's what you can use to see which ones increase your EHP the most.
For example you can easily see that War Cry with +resist rune is far better then the other two options.
Known issues / bugs:
- For skills with multiple interesting runes you could check them all, should change this to be a radio button or selectbox at some point
Upcoming changes priority list:
- Interface revamp, adding tabs and a better way to put in your intial stats
- Think of a way to include block
- Handle skillbuilds with different runes nicely (maybe seperate the skillbuild more)
- Add option to copy a link to your curently input/selection (like talent calculators do)
- Recieve buffs from other classes
- Pull in stats from blizzard API (kdmcclel is already working on some code eventhough the API ain't up yet)
Please let me know what you think of it
Please bump the thread a bit once in a while (preferably with constructive comments or positive feedback) so that it stays visible on page 1
If you wanna join in and help out, you're very welcome! I already got some awesome pull requests on github from kdmcclel and MrMarvin and merged those almost instantly!
Update 1 [2012/05/24 10:20]
Thanks to pull request from 'kdmcclel' we now have multi-class support and he already implemented wizzard!
Surely more classes will follow
Update 2 [2012/05/24 10:22]
Since it's no longer barb only I renamed the project, URLs are changed, old URL stopped working
Update 3 [2012/05/24 10:46]
The stats you input are (locally) stored so you don't have to keep putting them in each visit, choices aren't stored yet though!
Update 4 [2012/05/25 09:23]
Fixed armor formula
Update 5 [2012/05/25 13:03]
Cleaned up code, made it possible to seperate classes from each other (classperclass xD).
Added dodge calculations, seperated it from the pure EHP though since dodge ain't part of traditional EHP calculations, but specially since it's also working on magic it's very much relevant
Update 6 [2012/05/25 15:01]
Added first implementation of Monk class, needs some work though on the active skills which apply short duration buffs/debuffs and I need to double check if I haven't forgotten any skills.
Update 7 [2012/05/28 19:38]
Fixed how dodge is calculated (like a modifier instead of a static stat). Added warcry dodge rune.
Update 8 [2012/05/29 10:11]
Added a +1 VIT/armor/resist alternative display.
Update 10 [2012/05/30 09:16]
Added 'extra options' to Monk (Crippling Wave, Deadly Reach) and Wizard (Archon).
(re)enabled displaying armor and resistance effective reduction %.
Update 11 [2012/05/30 10:01]
Added Mantra of Healing rune effects.
Update 12 [2012/05/30 12:35]
Added Fists of Thunder - Lightning Flash rune.
Redid EHP for alternatives to display the change instead of the new total.
using +10 armor as alternative now.
Update 13 [2012/05/31 09:25]
Added Witch Doctor!! Thanks to MrMarvin!
Also cleaned up the code a lot.
Update 14 [2012/06/01 09:26]
I redid all the code responsible for the UI, this will allow me more flexibility and I'll be able to make it easier for users to input their characters stats (when I make the above button work properly!).
There is a chance I might have broken something in the display logic though, however the calculations should be fine.
I deployed the experimental version as a stable version!
Please let me know asap if you find anything, I'll be tailing this topic all night should anything pop up!
Update 15 [2012/06/02 20:00]
- New UI (fluid, so it should behave nicely on mobile too)
- More explicit and better saving of characters
- Better / easier way to add a new character (you can tick which buffs are on when you copy the stats, it will recalculate the base stats)
- Code is now in a way that should easily allow me to add item compare (soon!)