As title says, im thinking of buying Guild Wars 2, but i have some questions. Any answers would be appreciated.
1. Registration, activation issues: is there any (or i just enter code, email, etc. and it's done)? Is there different region versions of the game (US/EU)?
2. When login-in do i require just acc name and pass (no characters pin codes or stuff like that)?
3. How often is maintenances? And is there weekly scheduled maintenance (every tuesday morning no matter what 6 hours long for example)?
4. Does game have any 'Looking for group' tool?
5. Can i hit level cap solo and if yes, how long approximately it takes?
6. Is there plenty to do besides questing?
7. Is gear visualization more realistic or high-fantasy or steam-punk?
1. not sure if there is a US/EU versions, but the game offers EU players to play on US servers (and vice versa i guess). never had any redistration/activation issues, i believe its create an account and thats it. (but i might be wrong).
2. yes on login, you just put in acc name and pw. you can have gw2 login tool to remember the login details, so you just press login and thats it.
3. there are weekly maintenance like most mmos, there are sometimes unscheduled maintenance, but thats mainly because of the huge season events been put into the game.
4. never actually paid attention to that tool, but when you quest you dont really need to be in a grp.
5. yes you can. how long it will take depends on you and what you do in the game, since almost everything gives you exp.
6. yes there is, there plenty of world events, pvp, explorations, jumping puzzles, etc etc.
7. some gear, looks realistic, other looks fantasy-like or steam-punk.