Currently I'm running a Crusader on the 2.3 Hammerdin Build but I seem to struggle to get pass GR 56, I have no ideea why, I have tried to get the perfect rift - Skeletons and stuff but again, I finish the rift and the RG with 1-2 minutes above the maximum limit.
I have read all of the topics regarding this build but I cannot find a proper answer..
Currently I have cubed the following items:
- Hexing Pants
- Ring of the Zodiac
I would like some advise on my build if that's possible. Below is the link to my profile:
Without a gameplay video I find it hard to tell at that point in GRs.
Since you cube hexing pants, make sure you are always moving, You'd be surprised how often you see people doing that mistake. Constant stutterstepping seems to be a pain to play. some people prefer to use leoric crown because of that, and they still do well.
Few things I've noticed on your gear :
-Helm has no crit chance.
-Joana's shield hammer % is rather low. which could impact the speed you kill elites and RG. Also it does not have % blessed hammer on it. Imo this should be where your blood shards should go for a while.
That's as far as I can go with my limited crusader knowledge atm.
I think your items are more than good enough. I was able to beat Grift 58 without a single ancient gear and you can do it too.
But if you do feel the need, try changing unity + RORG into F&R.
Most importantly, you should not jump into the center of mob pack. Instead spam hammer at the edge, around the mobs. Sort of like how HOTA barb spams HOTA at the edge of the mob pack instead of middle, if you ever played HOTA barb before.
It's a pain in the ass to get the Helm with CHC%, trust me. I've spent thousands on Blood Shards and the helms keep coming without CHC.
Thank you for your observations and advice.
@Kilee217 - I do not wear RORG but I will try swapping Unity and CoE with F&R, thank you to for the advice
Yes, F/R are horrible for hammers, as only having one buff active (as you will with hammers, unless you add a generator, which is bad) is far less effective than CoE, and the nature of the build requires unity for survival.
As somebody else said, if hexing pants are your choice, you will do well enough, but I personally champion for the crown route. I would drop finery and pick up holy cause, then attempt to get a hellfire with finery (or one of the 4 passives to replace, obviously), it's more than you will likely be getting from finery alone with a holy build.
Edit: See below, forgot to mention wrathful also works if survival is an issue.
You should also do everything you can to get CDR wherever possible, as hitting the 100% uptime on akarats is a huge damage/survivability jump, just don't go crazy and leave yourself with no other stats, lol.
Other than that there isn't a whole lot to be said, you have the right set-up, it's just down to optimizing the rolls and getting the right rift.
1) Try crafting a Hellfire amulet with the Wrathful passive on it, or one that lets you pick Wrathful as one of your 4 passives. Hammer is a very wrath spammy build, so it keeps you healed very efficiently.
2) Use Iron Skin - Steel Skin instead of Flash rune.
3) Switch all rubies in your armor to diamonds, if survivability / resistance is an issue in higher GRs.
4) I'm not sure if you are Season or Non-season, but Bane of the Stricken is MUST HAVE for this build because of how quickly it stacks from hammer spam, especially when pairing it with a Gogok.
5) Use Falling Sword - Rapid Descent rune.
6) Instead of Sting of Ears, use the new Crusader belt that casts skill when you use Falling Sword. It gives 40% damage reduction and slows.
7) Instead of Finery, use Holy Cause, which directly gives 10% damage increase, as well as heals you whenever you deal holy damage (which is always with this build, and this synchronizes extremely well with the Hellfire's Wrathful passive)
8) Lastly, roll your helmet to 6% crit chance.
I hope this helps, if you follow these steps exactly: you will have a MUCH stronger hammerdin.