DiabloFans Interview With the Diablo 3 Team, Blue Posts, BlizzCon 2013 Talent Contest

Can you give us your take on each class in the game currently (Barb, Wiz, WD, DH and Monk) and what the future plans or philosophy is with each of them moving forward?
    Let's be more specific. Are you planning to repair and fix the DH mechanics to be more viable in cases of overall dmg, mobilty and resource generation/regeneration in high MPs?
    Guys, it says at the beginning of the post that the interview will be "Thursday morning". You can stop asking questions now, even if they're sitting on Hawaii and "morning" isn't over yet, the interview protocol is probably pretty much finished (and hopefully in a few days/hours we'll get answers) :-)
    Do you discuss an alternate (non loot) path of progression, maybe a mix of parangon leveling (nice because it gives us something to "work" for when we reach lvl 60, but the rewards for parangon leveling are irrelevant compared to the power we gain from items) and 1-60 leveling (nice because we get new skills, runes, new followers, new follower skills, new artisans and crafting recipes as well as stats increase, but all that fun stops way too early) ?

It would be great if loot was only 50% of our character and the 50 other % came from "just playing the game".
    Quote from Bagstone

Guys, it says at the beginning of the post that the interview will be "Thursday morning". You can stop asking questions now, even if they're sitting on Hawaii and "morning" isn't over yet, the interview protocol is probably pretty much finished (and hopefully in a few days/hours we'll get answers) :-)

You are right, but it was tricky since this was posted "Thursday morning" :)
    Question: why can't you introduce a debuff that applies in a brawling area where you do 1% of your damage, so pvp can be enjoyable?
    Edit for clarity: a debuff that you automatically get upon entering, that's indefinite.

^ Wotb + br up: live conditions.
    When will the interview be posted?
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    Here are a few of my top questions

1 - Considering it has been over 7 months since the last PvP blog......Are there any updates on when the PvP Patch will be released? What features it will contain? What PvP modes are being tested? What rewards will be offered?

2 - Are there plans to add a real endgame to D3? Things like a PvE Arena where you fight waves of monsters either solo or with a group? What about an Endless Dungeon? What about a maps system like Path of Exile/Torchlight?

3 - Can we get any additional detail on upcoming character customization features? I know the Paragon System is being modified but we don't have any added information yet.
    I fear this Interview will end up pretty much like this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49gzMvjgdME

A one hour long hype about how great diablo 3 gonna be on the console, with no new information at all, coupled with "wait till Blizzcon. Blizzcon will be great for anyone who loves the Diablo franchise"..

Basically all the diablo 3 team is doing nowadays is PR for the Xbox and Playstation version.

I will gladly eat my own words if iam wrong, but i think alot of you guys will get disappointed with this "Interview"
    Sigh...

Whats up with PVP ?
    Guys, don't get your hopes up. We won't get any mindblowing information.
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    No wonder this game is garbage. Just look at the size of these people. I am bias. If someone who cannot take care of his own health, I don't believe they can create a good product.
    Not only are you biased, you're kind of an asshat for thinking someone's physical traits reflect their creativity/professionalism. So... yeah.
    Quote from ErlendOlsen

I fear this Interview will end up pretty much like this..

A one hour long hype about how great diablo 3 gonna be on the console, with no new information at all, coupled with "wait till Blizzcon. Blizzcon will be great for anyone who loves the Diablo franchise"..

Basically all the diablo 3 team is doing nowadays is PR for the Xbox and Playstation version.

I will gladly eat my own words if iam wrong, but i think alot of you guys will get disappointed with this "Interview"

I'm more inclined to agree with you than disagree nowadays. And that's just sad :fret:
    We need to stop getting frustrated that we aren't learning all the juicy tidbits that are most likely being worked on for the expansion and being saved as Blizzcon reveals.

Lets try and give them more insight into what we like and dislike about all the things in the Diablo series. That's what they are interested in right now. Let's put our money where our mouths are and eloquently lay out some focused opinions on what we actually mean when we say that something is less than stellar in Diablo 3.

And of course they are going to be promoting the Console version. I don't care about it myself. I Don't own a console. However, why would they not take at least some of the time to express interest in another Diablo product they are shipping soon?

Cynicism has it's place, but it's too trendy and too easy to fall into a cycle of "Oh they don't care. It;s all PR fluff."

Well fine, that's what it is. But we can make use of the air time given to us to have some real talks about what we want rather than wasting time trying to get them to reveal features we can see as being for the expansion.

/two cents
    It's so naive to believe that they will reveal any concrete info on the expansion in a fansite interview before they had a chance to properly reveal the expansion itself. Most of the questions about major future additions to the game will probably get answered at Blizzcon as they give us info about the x-pac.

If you want some good answers, try to take up a mindset like "there will not be an expansion" (though we can almost be 100% certain there will be one) and think about the stuff we know now. There's no point in bashing Blizzard for not telling us stuff they don't want to reveal at this time - they have every right on the planet to do so. I believe there are some things they are willing to talk about and getting a great interview is a matter of being smart and lucky in figuring out what to ask :)
    "What is dead, should stay dead"
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes