Official 1.0.4 Patch Notes and Patch 1.0.4 Confirmed for Tomorrow

Quote from Catalept

Quote from GenXCub

It seems like Damage buffs + Utility nerfs. It pigeonholes each class into a specific playstyle upon first glance.

Can you elaborate? I main DH and Monk, and I'm just not seeing it. In fact, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all the new options I'm seeing.

Well, it's my fault for liking a certain style. I just got my 5th toon to 60 yesterday (a monk). My Wizard, DH, WD, and Barb all use Life on Hit builds. Bulldozer or WW barb, CM WW wizard, Tank DH, CC/Tank Witch Doctor.

I guess I just thought to Blizzard "build diversity" meant "build diversity." Now every skill is "Press this button to vaporize things with massive damage." Why use Fire Pit on a WD? Well, it made a great pairing with Life on Hit, but now, it's really no different than any other low-mana spell. Fire Pit is no more or less useful than splinters, or rain of toads. They're just low mana + damage. Everything else becomes high-mana plus damage. It's as if they've now given you 100 different animations on how to turn your target into blood sausage, and the reason for picking a skill has kind of gone away.

You can't be a DH tank anymore, which I really liked. Gas Grenades, nerfed. Jagged Spikes, nerfed. Shuriken Cloud, nerfed. I mean, who else was using shuriken cloud and gas grenades besides DH tanks? You remove the DH's ability to tank, now zero people will use Shuriken Cloud. That's not promoting build diversity. It's saying "if you're not a barbarian or a monk, you get way across the screen and stay there, just like EVERY OTHER BUILD for your class."

I don't want to be the whiner. I thought I was being different and it's being punished. It sucks to have 4 of your 5 toons that you loved playing to across-the-board be nerfed into the ground. Now I have to figure out another style? Maybe back in 2000 with D2, that was okay because Blizzard didn't have a lot of competition. Things are different these days.

They wanted to have a goal of not being able to decide on your skills because so many of them are really good. But really good doesn't always mean 1000000% weapon damage. If every skill is 1000000% weapon damage, I'm just voting on which attack animation is the coolest.
    I really don't understand why they nerf fire chains yet again, I can just stand in it without noticing anything at all as it is, ontop of it, it is completely avoidable.
    Molten on the other hand which you can't really avoid at all, kills me in 3 seconds, now combine that with waller and you're in for a lot of frustation.
    I recall Blizzard posting in the system preview for patch 1.0.4 that they will reduce HP of monsters up to 25% in later acts. Current patch notes list HP changes for later acts as following:
    Act III and Act IV
    • Normal monster health increased by 10%
    • Elite monster health reduced by 2.5%

Is that 2.5% a typo with a wrong decimal place or they retracted on the initial idea? I was hoping to get back to Act3 farming after I have farmed Act2 for days due to fact Act3 took way too long... Guess it is still Act2 until I get high enough Paragon levels to switch back to progression/damage gear again.
    So this patch was supposed to be about build diversity yet they killed off two very fun builds. Tank Wizards and Tank DHs. I guess by diversity they meant force them to play something else they dont like or find fun.

Oh well good thing I really only liked farming Act 1. Both builds should still be more than fine for that place seeing how you cant die unless you are Helen Keller trying to play with no arms.
    Quote from thomasmgp30

So this patch was supposed to be about build diversity yet they killed off two very fun builds. Tank Wizards and Tank DHs. I guess by diversity they meant force them to play something else they dont like or find fun.

Oh well good thing I really only liked farming Act 1. Both builds should still be more than fine for that place seeing how you cant die unless you are Helen Keller trying to play with no arms.

Also, going back to my rant, they took some skills that most people didn't use, reduced them to "zero people use this" and then they took dozens more skills and made them indistinguishable from one another because they're just a bunch of damage at once.
    Awesome changes. Can't wait for lvl 100 Paragon lol.

And I must say I'm proud like a lil kid on his first bike, that I killed Ghom before the huge nerf :)

And no hp regen in Inferno is superior. Finaly items may become a bit less expensive due to some more drops :)
    • Act II-
    • Overall damage done by all monsters reduced by 8%
    • Act III and Act IV
    • Overall damage done by all monsters reduced by 15%
    • why???? game is easy as f**k now, and they nerf damage!!!!! they should increase it now that items drop more and will be better...
    Quote from Rompehuevos
    • Act II-
    • Act III and Act IV
    • why???? game is easy as f**k now, and they nerf damage!!!!! they should increase it now that items drop more and will be better...

Some people haven't spent 100mil gold in the AH to become OP and breeze through the content.
    Quote from Rompehuevos

• Act II-
    • Act III and Act IV

Just do what i'm going to do.

After i beat Inferno Diablo i sold all my gear on either RMAH or AH, after that i sold all my G on RMAH (leaving me with 1 mil G)

After that i deleted all my chars.

Tomorrow i will make each class and lvl them all at once (so if one of them is like lvl 10, i will make the rest lvl 10, etc till all of them are 60)

Then i will just farm A3/4 Hell - A1 inferno with whichever class i feel like farming at that day and divide the loot on my chars without ever touching the AH and try to beat Dia inferno that way with all of them.

Will take a long time but its going to be fun to find your own items and not Breeze through content because you got enough G to buy good gear from AH.
    Quote from dizzum

Quote from Rompehuevos
    • Act II-
    • Act III and Act IV

Some people haven't spent 100mil gold in the AH to become OP and breeze through the content.

i spent as much as 5 million and prenerf , i have not changed much things since then and i could do act 2 comfortably prenerf

im not a D3 millionaire
    Looks like some WD skill changes weren't listed or they didn't get into final version?

Grasp of the Dead:Groping Eels : Increases the damage done to 416% (up from 26%) weapon damage as Physical.

I guess they forgot that, as basic version of this skill has increased damage, old rune would be meaningless now.

Spirit Barrage: Phantasm : Summon a spectre that deals 225% (up from 45%) weapon damage as Physical over 5 seconds to all enemies within 10 yards.

I guess that one would be too good? I still hope they forgot to list it.

Wall of Zombies: Barricade : Increases the width of the Wall of Zombies (Previously the zombies attacked for 80% weapon damage as Physical).

Again looks like forgot that one?
    At least the nerfs are written there too. No goblin in Alcarnus, bye Sarkoth and less packs in Cemetery... Less ninja

I can live with it, even it colud be an actual attack to botting.

Any news on GF% cap? why the 100%GF legendary then?
    The first and third levels of Leoric’s Dungeon now have a total of five Uniques that can be spawned

What does this mean? Arent uniques those garbage purple named things that dont drop jack shit for loot even if you have 350 MF? Also please tell me they dont take up the spawn point of a champion or elite pack?

Quote from antrodax

At least the nerfs are written there too. No goblin in Alcarnus, bye Sarkoth and less packs in Cemetery...

They arent nerfing the packs inside the tombs only the one outside. I thought they were nerfing them all after reading your post until I went back and its only the single spawn outside.
    Quote from xMantasx

Looks like some WD skill changes weren't listed or they didn't get into final version?

Grasp of the Dead:Groping Eels : Increases the damage done to 416% (up from 26%) weapon damage as Physical.

I guess they forgot that, as basic version of this skill has increased damage, old rune would be meaningless now.

Spirit Barrage: Phantasm : Summon a spectre that deals 225% (up from 45%) weapon damage as Physical over 5 seconds to all enemies within 10 yards.

I guess that one would be too good? I still hope they forgot to list it.

Wall of Zombies: Barricade : Increases the width of the Wall of Zombies (Previously the zombies attacked for 80% weapon damage as Physical).

Again looks like forgot that one?

I believe those are just tooltip updates and why they didn't list them. For example, Phantasm does the exact same damage between the 2 wordings. 45 * 5 = 225. Beyond pets, the WD got very few meaningful buffs. :(
    Quote from thomasmgp30

The first and third levels of Leoric’s Dungeon now have a total of five Uniques that can be spawned

What does this mean? Arent uniques those garbage purple named things that dont drop jack shit for loot even if you have 350 MF? Also please tell me they dont take up the spawn point of a champion or elite pack?

Quote from antrodax

At least the nerfs are written there too. No goblin in Alcarnus, bye Sarkoth and less packs in Cemetery...

They arent nerfing the packs inside the tombs only the one outside. I thought they were nerfing them all after reading your post until I went back and its only the single spawn outside.

My bad... My bad English, too. Somebody can clear about the 5 packs max in the Leoric's Dungeon? The first and third levels of Leoric’s Dungeon now have a total of five Uniques that can be spawned Nerfed or buffed? For achievements, I presume, because Uniques still drop garbage, if I am right.
    People need to stop using the words "nerf" and "buff" so freely. They have specific meanings. If you say "these champion packs are getting nerfed" you're saying that their stats are going to be lower. If you say "some packs are removed" then, well, some packs will get removed.

Ha. Bagstone.

Quote from Ruppgu

I believe those are just tooltip updates and why they didn't list them. For example, Phantasm does the exact same damage between the 2 wordings. 45 * 5 = 225. Beyond pets, the WD got very few meaningful buffs. :(

If you are correct, than my bubble was very brutally crushed ;(
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes