It's time for Diablo I to get some attention

The basic D2 information is about to be wrapped up. Apoc is fixing up the last missing Super Unique pages, and I'm going through the area pages. After that there are some minor things to look at, but all the basic information should be there after that.

Which will give us time to add D1 stuff. Now unlike Diablo II we can't go diggin in the files for all kinds of exact data on monsters, items and levels. But then again, D1 isn't nearly as complex.

So what do we need? This is what I've figured out so far, if there's anything you feel is missing here, do tell us so we can put that up as well.

DiabloWiki.com - Main Page (Diablo I) Main Page (Diablo I)

Characters
    • One page for each class already exists. Some formatting needs to be applied, but otherwise they seem good to me.
    Skills
    • A page for all skills in D1 and skill values for it up to perhaps lvl 25. this will require a template to be designed.
    Monsters
    • We have very few D1 monster pages in the wiki. Each monster kind (fallens, zombies) should get their own page.
    • What data is available for monsters? Hit points and resistances/immunities as well as models? Anything else we can get, like damage?
    Items
    • Have been largely finished already
    • Add oils and runes from Hellfire.
    Quests
    • Quest pages exist for some quests, but they need added dialogue and infoboxes.
    Areas
      Similar to the D2 areas, list all levels, what's in them, what monster you encounter, how they look etc.

Anything else pertaining to D1 that should be added?
    DiabloWiki.com - PlugY PlugY for Diablo II allows you to reset skills and stats, transfer items between characters in singleplayer, obtain all ladder runewords and do all Uberquests while offline. It is the only way to do all of the above. Please use it.

Supporting big shoulderpads and flashy armor since 2004.
    Could you add gossip? Idk if thats just to much work but some gossip is prerty interesting.
    www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    If you want to arrange it
    This world you can change it
    If we could somehow make this
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    And to know who needs help
    You need only just ask

All the "Gossip" is already there, under each NPC page.

I would like to include all HellFire information as well. I know Blizzard doesn't exactly count HellFire as canon, but I would like for it to include HellFire because that is what users will see. To them, it will look like we are simply missing information, and since HellFire was an authorized expansion pack, I think we should have it...

Spells should be pretty simple to add, we have all of them (including HellFire) spells on the D1 SpellBook, which is coming Soon(TM).

So... With HellFire, we also need to add Oils and Runes to our Items section. We can also do an "Areas" section as you guys did in the D2 portion of the Wiki. Otherwise, I think that looks good.
    The Chat Gem Lives!
    Diablo III Analyst
    SC2Mapster
    Indeed. Areas and Hellfire are things we want to add for sure.
    DiabloWiki.com - PlugY PlugY for Diablo II allows you to reset skills and stats, transfer items between characters in singleplayer, obtain all ladder runewords and do all Uberquests while offline. It is the only way to do all of the above. Please use it.

Quote from PhrozenDragon

Which will give us time to add D1 stuff. Now unlike Diablo II we can't go diggin in the files for all kinds of exact data on monsters, items and levels. But then again, D1 isn't nearly as complex.

I'm not familiar with DI in this regard - is this because of the way the game was compiled or is it just because there's no literature out there on how to hack the files?
    Come and help our Diablowiki grow! Here's how you can contribute
    Quote from Apoc

I'm not familiar with DI in this regard - is this because of the way the game was compiled or is it just because there's no literature out there on how to hack the files?

Just because of how the game was made. Most of the data is hardcoded into the game as far as I know, where as D2 used MPQ's and such to store a lot of the data.
    The Chat Gem Lives!
    Diablo III Analyst
    SC2Mapster
    Quote from Apoc

You can get the files, they're still mostly stored in MPQ archives. The problem is the filetype. Whereas most data in D2 is stored in tabbed .txt files, I don't know it works in D1.

For example, I don't know how to figure out the HP of a given monster, though it should be possible to get. I personally don't know how though (yet :P).

Quote from PhrozenDragon

You can get the files, they're still mostly stored in MPQ archives. The problem is the filetype. Whereas most data in D2 is stored in tabbed .txt files, I don't know it works in D1.

For example, I don't know how to figure out the HP of a given monster, though it should be possible to get. I personally don't know how though (yet :P).

I don't know if they are... I think I remember looking through the MPQ's that were there, diabdat and patch, and I don't think I was able to find anything. Though, I was looking for specifically spell data... I'll look again today when I get home.
    The Chat Gem Lives!
    Diablo III Analyst
    SC2Mapster
    Hey, I actually have Prima's official strategy guide to the diablo 1.

looking at the fallen ones info here.

shows each type of fallen one, category, res, immunity, experience gained, level hit points, damage, andn armor class.

has monsters unique monsters items just about everything from d1 with some tips and tricks. some quest info.

and at the end of it "An interview with the devils behind the game"
    Quote from necronergal

shows each type of fallen one, category, res, immunity, experience gained, level hit points, damage, andn armor class.

I don't have that though, so unless you want to do all of the monsters, that isn't going to help much ;)

But perhaps you do? :biggrin:

I could. Ill also try to find a pdf download and see if i can send you a link to it or something.... (I dont wanna do it alone :( )

Edit: Dont think i could find it :(

Its okay. Just going to take a good amount of time ^_^
    Quote from necronergal

Its okay. Just going to take a good amount of time ^_^

It's still a time off, we have to make templates and all that stuff first :)

Ya, i made a wiki account and was like okay is there anything i can do...

Then realized i have no idea how to do the wiki code and templates. hahaha ^_^

So ya. kinda at a stand still till i can figure out how to use it.
    Thrown up a D1 monster template in my sandbox: http://www.diablowiki.com/index.php?title=User:PhrozenDragon/Sandbox2/Test&oldid=34612

It's the same shell as the D2 mosnter used, expect heavily simplified since monster spawn locations are much more straight forward in D1. Any stats I've missed, or anything that should be added/removed to the template?

It looks pretty good to me.

I noticed a couple things though that might be problematic.

1. that current layout has to hit %

Which looking in my book doesnt have. Just looked agian. ya. They dont have it. But i think thats okay.... (also just saw that they actually regenerate health over time. intriguing)

2. Stats of course will be different with normal, nightmare, and hell.
    My book does not have this. just one set of stats.

just to let you know. this book was published in 1997 :)
    Quote from necronergal

1. that current layout has to hit %

Which looking in my book doesnt have. Just looked agian. ya. They dont have it. But i think thats okay.... (also just saw that they actually regenerate health over time. intriguing)

I can add that then.

Quote from necronergal

2. Stats of course will be different with normal, nightmare, and hell.
    My book does not have this. just one set of stats.

The stats displayed are for Singleplayer, which the original Diablo didn't have. The NM and Hell stats are from Hellfire.

Should we include the multiplayer stats as well? It would take up more width, and the template is pretty muchas wide as it can go right now.

We dont have to. I remember playing battle.net and there was nightmare and hell which was why I was concerned about it.
    NM and Hell are on the original Diablo. And what do you mean Single Player was not included in D1? Only thing that wasn't included was Multiplayer in HellFire.

I thought all the stats were the same, too?

Also, keep in mind, the stats from the book at from the game's release... Meaning any patches that adjusted balance (if any) would not be accounted for.
    The Chat Gem Lives!
    Diablo III Analyst
    SC2Mapster
    No I mean that the NM and Hell values listed on the test page are from Singleplayer in Hellfire, as those difficulties were only available in Multiplayer in the original D1.

And no, hp differs between SP and MP, it is slightly more than 2x in MP

And that's right regarding patches. I have no idea what patches changed over the years.

ya, the patches will be updated from my info. But, itll be a start at least :)

and probably because of that. thinking of putting the source of the information so it all legit.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes