Items with bonus elite dmg or reduction PvP

I wonder,

Will items like Stone of Jordan affect in PvP other players? Let's say stormshield has 7% reduction of damage from elites...Is another player in PvP treated as elite? will it count? or 30% dps more from SoJ?

I think it would be interesting.
    I honestly doubt it, because that would render SoJ a must-have for pvp and blizz dislikes ideas like that. One option would be to reduce the effect to about 1/5 or so, but still, it just doesn't sound like players are 'elites'.

Btw PTR is up so you can test it.
    I wouldn't say so, cause SoJ doesn't offer You any protecion nor attack speed increase....still, best quadfecta ring with all resists and vitality would out-range sojs a lot
    I saw a blue post saying players are supposed to be considered elites. However, I think I also saw another post saying bonus vs elites doesn't work against players, but that might be a bug.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    Players are considered elites and all bonuses involving them should work but currently do not due to bugs. A flat 30% damage increase could be better than a quadfecta ring in terms of overall damage to players but can't test it until the bug is fixed.
    Quote from jacques_mayol

I wouldn't say so, cause SoJ doesn't offer You any protecion nor attack speed increase....still, best quadfecta ring with all resists and vitality would out-range sojs a lot

well 6% elemental dmg + 30% to elites + a skill bonus of maybe 14% or resource cost/crit chance... i'd say thats quite a lot of dmg, even if it lacks defenses. There could also be cold dmg for slowing and for example +max disc are great utilities.

I really can't see how a rare ring, no matter how good stats, would do even close to over 30%. Not even halfway really. So if indeed the elite bonus will work, like many have suggested, i'm calling SoJ BiS for majority of builds.
    If I remember correctly, there was a blue post saying yes on this, that I can't find right now.
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    Yes. It does work. It's pretty powerful too. Personally i consider SoJ mandatory in pvp.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes