Diablo III Beta System Requirements

Im glad my machine was updated so i can play this game on high setting as soon as i receive a beta key or the game is released whichever comes first haha :) Been waiting since Sept for a chance at this game so i'm sure when i do get my chance im gonna really enjoy this game in full video settings :) SO CANT WAIT!
    seems like fair enough system requirement, though i am saving up money for a beast gaming pc when diablo releases. I want to play it at max settings!
    Recommended specs are looking good. As im building a new PC (i5 2500k) system this week! I really look forward to playing the game (whenever that drops). I was lucky enough to play the Diablo II beta before that was released with the Barbarian character running around the wilderness not knowing what to do.

Looking forward to running the game on max graphics :D
    Diablo fan since 1998.
    The only thing holding me back from playing higher than low is my graphics card.
    What is this thing called "real life?" Is that some sort of expansion pack?
    lol i have windows service pack 2,and cant istall game :( and no i change 3 and need reistall all windows
    Quote from NikolarakiS

i bought new pc just for this game. cost me about 1300euro

Me too :D:D But i bought for Stacraft 2:D
    i spent £800 upgrading my pc for the large dissapointment that is BF3.

on the plus side of this my pc will more than be happy with running d3 at full.
    Quote from R3kker

Did you play multiplayer or just the single player campaign? Cause I bought BF3 last weekend and can't skip one day without playing for at least an hour...in between all my studies. Why don't you like it?

And I upgraded my pc for the most part for D3, but being able to play BF3 is just a treat!
    Thanks for clarifying the system reqs, my 2 mates have been thinking of buying new rig just because of Diablo 3 but it seems its not mandatory to play the game. 1920 res here with 2 gen old ATi Radeon, i think it will run ok for me
    Quote from JaundiceBunny

Quote from R3kker

Did you play multiplayer or just the single player campaign? Cause I bought BF3 last weekend and can't skip one day without playing for at least an hour...in between all my studies. Why don't you like it?

And I upgraded my pc for the most part for D3, but being able to play BF3 is just a treat!

100% for the multiplayer. i played it since release and got to cornel rank 9. It has been the worst game in terms of errors/bugs and terrible communitcation back to community that ive ever seen upon release.

they use multiple other sites to convey the next updates/ideas/thoughts of the game and what they plan on doing, battlelog (the offical forum way) not being one of them? its madness.

the other problem being the updates, where they have catered for consoles (also admitting its was more a pc port game from consoles) the updates take ALOT longer to be released as they havent kept the pc and console updates seperate.

i could go on for a while with the problems dice/ea have done, but all my hopes on my pcs gaming future holds on with D3.
    Quote from R3kker

Quote from JaundiceBunny

Quote from R3kker

100% for the multiplayer. i played it since release and got to cornel rank 9. It has been the worst game in terms of errors/bugs and terrible communitcation back to community that ive ever seen upon release.

they use multiple other sites to convey the next updates/ideas/thoughts of the game and what they plan on doing, battlelog (the offical forum way) not being one of them? its madness.

the other problem being the updates, where they have catered for consoles (also admitting its was more a pc port game from consoles) the updates take ALOT longer to be released as they havent kept the pc and console updates seperate.

i could go on for a while with the problems dice/ea have done, but all my hopes on my pcs gaming future holds on with D3.

When was the last time you played? Cause, as stated, I only started playing last weekend which is almost 4 months after release, so they got ample of time to fix bugs etc. Since I started playing I haven't noticed any bugs...I did download a 4GB update when I first installed the game, so maybe all/most of the bugs was fixed up to that update.
    I spent ~180$ for new radeon 6870 and that's all. My machine is 4 years old, and on 50" tv at full hd, max detals, D3 fly. There is no point to get new awsome machine for this game.
    I heard someone say the game's not rendering correctly when using a dual-gpu like HD6990. Can anyone confirm or give their experiences on the matter?
    i like the fact that with it being a new game i can still run it rather well. the problem i run into with most games is that i only have a laptop that is over a year old. and even then it wasnt speced for gaming at all.
    The worst thing I have seen at my friends pc are those ugly shuttering. He got high end pc and still there is some shuttering going on. I hope Blizzard will fix it. If you guys got some fix for it, share with us! I don't know how it's gona run on my machine I got 2x3ghz 4gb ram and radeon hd4850.
    looks like my laptop will do fine on high settings :)
    Not in the beta, so I played through Titan Quest pretending that it was Diablo. I came to realize though, Titan Quest is a pretty nice looking game on high settings. It made me wonder if Diablo would look any better on my aging machine. ie. I could set everything to high on Titan Quest, but doubt very much I can do the same in D3. Titan Quest was fine, except for two sections of the Immortal Throne which really dropped in fps.

Does anybody in the beta have similar specs? If so, how does it run?

I figure the bottleneck will be my cpu. I use a fairly low resolution (1440x900), so maybe that will be my saving grace.

CPU Type:
    Intel® Core™2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz
    CPU Speed:
    1.82 GHz
    System Memory:
    3.5 GB
    Video Card Model:
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
    So, will this iMac run Diablo 3 with all filters and everything possible on and on maximum????

This is my config:
    • 2.5GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
    • 1920 x 1080 resolution
    • 4GB (two 2GB) memory
    • AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 512MB
    From Blizzard support today if you're worried that your graphics card is holding you back from getting beta from the opt in:

However please note that the details about the amount of vram, are not stored in your beta profile on our side, and that they are not taken into consideration when chosing accounts eligible for beta access of our products.

So in fact whether or not you get in is just pure luck.
    "I don't hold with looking at the future... But now I think the future's looking at me. And I don't like its expression."
    Granny Weatherwax.
    Quote from mcwan

seems like fair enough system requirement, though i am saving up money for a beast gaming pc when diablo releases. I want to play it at max settings!

Man you don't need anything near to a beast to max this. Even if it had stereoscopic 3D.

I tested it (the beta is ridiculously short to be honest). And after creating my 5th char I was already sick of the PS2-quality models for MAIN characters.

The atmosphere of the game etc are nice of course, but when I look carefully at some details or when I use the zoom view it makes me sick =\

Sorry for the Diablo fans, but the game indeed looks dated and it wasn't even released.

I hope they release some kind of extra content to update the low-poly-with-low-resolution-textures-models soon, for people who really like to "MAX" things out.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes