1.0.8 PTR - Best Zone in the Game 270-300Mil xp/hr! [[changed]]

Anyone on the PTR able to do a MP1 or 2 run and let us know the xp/hour? Not all of us play SC and would be nice to know the xp value of this.
    Quote from Jaetch

Quote from ogeishere

Quote from Jaetch

Maybe it's finally time for me to run my monk again. Else so much wasted EXP on my wizard!

I take that back as I realized you are probably p100 on your wiz>

Yep, hence the 'wasted EXP on my wizard.' Will have to capitalize on it using other classes.

If you can bring to the other classes what you bring to the wiz, then we will all be delighted! I have learnt so much from you about the wizard class :-)
    Knew this place before this video was posted (don't wanna be acused of being a bandwaggon hopper).
    Saw it on Archon's stream,

I tried this run on my selffound paragon 50~barbarian. Was able to farm this place efficiently without many deaths (sometimes elites ganked me).

Had 190 000 000 exp/hour avarage.
    Had around 12 legendaries/hour avarage.

Used the WW/Rend build that I got from Moldran, was very successful.

here's a pic of my stats (unbuffed except for passives)
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    I should have rolled a barb :(
    Quote from Conartist

You can always do. :o

Ha. Bagstone.

Quote from Conartist

When I first started playing and barbs were severely UP, I thought "I shouldve rolled a DH"

Then I did.
    I actually found that Andariel's visage some minutes after I started the run :P it was a dps upgrade so I used it for the lulz. I usually wear a IK helmet.
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    Quote from Elendiro

I actually found that Andariel's visage some minutes after I started the run :P it was a dps upgrade so I used it for the lulz. I usually wear a IK helmet.

always fun to use the gear you find >
    so much more satisfying!lol
    www.Youtube.com/LastHopeForRaoha
    My D3 Character: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Loras-1351/hero/29537054
    What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
    So...that got nerfed..
    What is the next best run? Weeping Hollow and Leorics Hunting Grounds sound good.
    I hope that when ptr is over there is no exp loss or gain in specific zones compared with each other tbh and the difference is in everything except where you gain exp fastest: that I can log on, play whatever with friends instead of finding someone that does 1 zone/run and gets me bored faster. Tbh making runs at all is just detrimental to this community. Though I realize bringing it to blizz' attention now will give them the chance to make changes before going live with them.

Incoherent rant before going to sleep perhaps, maybe not. But you asked feedback. Well, there it is. I'm not sure what to think. Maybe there's an idea of providing feedback in your vids which zones need density buffs and putting a link to that on the official forums.

Sorry for typos, can't edit for shit on my phone's browser
    Quote from Kamisei2400

I hope that when ptr is over there is no exp loss or gain in specific zones compared with each other tbh and the difference is in everything except where you gain exp fastest: that I can log on, play whatever with friends instead of finding someone that does 1 zone/run and gets me bored faster. Tbh making runs at all is just detrimental to this community. Though I realize bringing it to blizz' attention now will give them the chance to make changes before going live with them.

Incoherent rant before going to sleep perhaps, maybe not. But you asked feedback. Well, there it is. I'm not sure what to think. Maybe there's an idea of providing feedback in your vids which zones need density buffs and putting a link to that on the official forums.

TBH, i agree. Sick of seeing 1325323523 videos of "OMG 359xpmilliongazilllllon a hour". While the game is a grind, it shouldn't be solely focused on getting to para 100.

I just read the patch update and looks like they heavily nerfed the area anyways. Do like the fact they've buffed Whym tho :D Fancy ponies here i come!!
    Quote from Kamisei2400

although I do agree with you kamisie- the more these runs are made aware to blizzard, the better the game will eventually be. i strongly disagree with you that videos like this are detrimental to the community. I don't think you can be farther from the truth on that point.
    Of course there is many different ways players play the game. Some enjoy messing around in random zones, others prefer one zone or act over another, while others- such as myself, enjoy discovering new ways of optimizing exp. And of course, it is always good for the game to bring out the exploits so blizzard can correct them.
    Quote from ogeishere

Quote from Kamisei2400

although I do agree with you Kamisei- the more these runs are made aware to blizzard, the better the game will eventually be. i strongly disagree with you that videos like this are detrimental to the community though. I don't think you can be farther from the truth on that point.
    Of course there is many different ways players play the game. Some enjoy messing around in random zones, others prefer one zone or act over another, while others- such as myself, enjoy discovering new ways of optimizing exp. And of course, it is always good for the game to bring out the exploits so blizzard can correct them.
    Considering how this specific area and its exp/hour ratio is going to be affected by future changes, I'd like to drop in and ask if you guys (and Raoha) think this thread should be locked/closed? Or maybe just add a big-red disclaimer text to the original post about how it's going to change?

Let me know what you think.
    Should have had PTR tags in the title from the start, since this isnt 1.0.8, its an ever changing PTR version.
    I'll just add a disclaimer to the OP and [changed]] to the thread title.
    Was on PTR last night, getting same results with Shadow Realm... When does the fix go on PTR?
    "Get busy living or get busy dieing.."

Twitch.tv: twitch.tv/mehsiah | Youtube/Twitter in the future.
    Awesome video! My favorite part was when you did that first run with barely any exp and then recorded your next run with basically 98% of your exp bar filled for paragon 96 so you could level up in the early portion of a run! That wasn't misleading at all!

My second favorite part was that you couldn't include cliff notes in the OP and instead forced everyone to watch your YouTube video.

I really hope the expansion brings a hell of a lot more incentive to leveling besides just having a bigger number and a damn portrait border.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes