Kripp and Alkaizer talk about Diablo 3

Quote from ruksak

Quote from InfidelMan

So, are you implying that all those people that played Diablo 2 were unemployed, lazy fat neckbeards that just played video games day and night?

Are you just trying to wittily justify the simplicity of Diablo 3 as to say that it doesn't need depth or any real challenge since it geared towards people with 5 jobs, a wife and 10 children?

Since this has been edited, I will respond.

No, I am not suggesting any such stereotype. I have had the same stereotype launched at me for me endeavors on gaming forums. Though, I do own a mirror and can clearly see that my physical image doesn't reflect any such stereotype.

What I'm suggesting is that it is not typical for a gamer to have such time at their expense. I'm suggesting that these fellas are out of touch with the common man due to their heavy immersion in the gaming culture, often only dealing with like-souls.

I too have SERIOUS issues with the current state of Diablo 3. However, I recognize the extreme diversity of player opinion. As was brought to light in my 'AH poll' thread, opinions run the gambit to an extreme degree. As such, we as players should recognize that the truth is going to end up being a menagerie of wildly varying opinions.

In closing, listen to the video, watch it. We're talking about a collusion between "celebrity" gamers whom are simply delighting in the new flavor of the month, PoE. Soon, they will cast that game asunder, talk shit about it's various shortcomings and begin to promote their new ADHD salve.

They're just hardcore gamers. It's not like I base my position solely on their opinions. I am a casual gamer now, since I don't have that much time for games. They have a lot of time on their hands, obviously, and that just means they are familiar with the depth and all the nuances. Better than us. But I still agree with their general view of Diablo 3 right now.

And looking at most Blizzard releases so far and the direction they're taking, it is all consistent in that it is all being simplified. Look at WoW shortly after the release of Wotlk. Not that I played much WoW, but I did when it was actually challenging and fun. Now there is no social interaction at all. Last time I played was a year ago. NO ONE effing talked in a group. It was all robotic movements along the objectives. Felt almost like I was playing a singleplayer game. Same thing with Battle.net 2.0. They took away almost every single useful feature that was in 1.0 and added facebook support, inter product communication and new shiny graphics. This whole over simplification trend is mirrored in Diablo 3 as well. And to add insult to injury they're now going to release Diablo 3 on consoles WITHOUT the AH. How can you still have hope that it will become better. It is no longer the blizzard of early to mid 2000s.

I also remember Jay Wilson saying that he wanted to make Diablo 3 so that even a granny could just hop on and be able to play it. It was shortly before release I think, or during unveiling. Should be somewhere on youtube. Back then, for some reason, I thought it was a good thing...... silly me.
    Uhhhhhhh... for the two posts above me that point out that Kripp and Alk crunch numbers and data and know more about the game than the general player base is just... I don't even.

They don't.

No.

Visit the official wizard forum and you can find who really crunches numbers for this game (I believe we have our own nuclear engineer here on DiabloFans that knows a thing or two more about the mechanics of this game). Or check in on the research done by various players in the barb and monk forums regarding breakpoints and skill multipliers.

Point is no one should weigh what Kripp and Alk say any more than what any other player (that actually plays this game thoroughly) says. What are they, gods? NO. Great players? Yes, sure? And? They happen to get more attention because they have a following on Twitch.

I have a Twitch account, I just don't use it. I don't feel like verbally explaining things. I rather just farm and go about my business and not be obligated to host a talk show.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Quote from InfidelMan

And looking at most Blizzard releases so far and the direction they're taking, it is all consistent in that it is all being simplified.

I do understand such concern. People are afraid Blizzard is headed towards a more "farmville experience", simplifying everything, similar to what happened to some games in the past (Dragon Age, Witcher, Resident Evil). But again, let me quote myself here, as far as D3 is concerned:

Quote from Zero(pS)

As far as the PoE vs D3 debate goes: I see D3 as a heavy-action focused game with pretty decent combat (good positioning, proper management of cooldowns, very fluid) and "weaker", simplified (debatable, though) RPG elements; and PoE as a more heavy-RPG (elements) focused game, with a lot less focus on "combat management".

As soon as people who dislike D3 for those design-choices realize that they're just that, design choices that don't fit their personal playstyle (aka a very complex RPG system with very traditional RPG elements), the sooner they're going to be at peace with themselves. Same goes for those who dislike PoE. People need to learn what diversity and preference really mean - as there's no such thing as "better" in such a world.

Some of these choices are good, some are bad. 10 years from now we'll look back and see whether these made gaming experiences in general better or worse. I do think gaming nowadays is a lot better than 10 years ago, and while some people heavily criticized developers for putting "rpg elements" (lvling up, upgrading weapons) into their FPS'es or Action games, they're now a staple of those games.

Heck, if you look back at Diablo 1 and 2 reviews, you'll see how a LOT of people criticized these for having way too many action-game elements. For straying too far from their origins (D&D role playing), for having a crappy "isometric" 2D camera when the flavour of the year was going into full 3D mode.

Same goes for RPG games, they're getting some heavy influences from other genres, and people are criticizing that. We'll only know if things improved 10 years from now.

NO ONE effing talked in a group. It was all robotic movements along the objectives. Felt almost like I was playing a singleplayer game. Same thing with Battle.net 2.0. They took away almost every single useful feature that was in 1.0

You can't really blame Blizzard for people not being social! The whole "hardcore elitist gamer" attitude with pure epeen is probably the one to blame for that. Try being nice and asking what you're supposed to do in a WoW Raid and most people will look down on you for not looking on a wiki/guide beforehand.

Log in right now on Starcraft 2, check the chat channels (general chat, etc) and see that what was supposedly "such a remarkable and useful" feature of old battle.net has 50 users. Some of them are spamming about their youtube channels (trying to become the next day9 or husky), some of them are spamming about their "clan" channels (more epeen, hurr durr my clan is bigger than yours), and the rest are arguing and cursing each other over balance (when most of the guys are in platinum or lower, where tip top balance hardly matters, since most games are won on macro).

Such a needed functionality, uh? And THOUSANDS of people wanted that in the forums (where are they now?). Some D3 channels are precisely the same, mostly spam. I do like the fact that we have an in-game tool to "find a group", as I was able to find people willing to do uber runs more than once, so I love the feature (and most WC3 Bnet features, don't get me wrong), but I do understand Blizzard's side when they say that most BNet 1.0 functionalities aren't game-changing.
    Quote from Jaetch

Uhhhhhhh... for the two posts above me that point out that Kripp and Alk crunch numbers and data and know more about the game than the general player base is just... I don't even.

They don't.

No.

Visit the official wizard forum and you can find who really crunches numbers for this game (I believe we have our own nuclear engineer here on DiabloFans that knows a thing or two more about the mechanics of this game). Or check in on the research done by various players in the barb and monk forums regarding breakpoints and skill multipliers.

I've been saying this for months now and the tunnel visioned fans don't seem to quite grasp the argument. Maybe it's too complex and they just leave the discussion once it gets to such a point.

That seems to be true for PoE as well. I only followed that game's trend so far, but from what I observed it's quite funny seeing hundreds of people praising Kripp for inventing some Templar build, saying it's awesome and they never saw anything like that, and literally 3-4 pages behind his thread there's a guy who actually thought of it first, created the whole concept and got like 2 replies.

Alkaizer's run was not "invented by Alkaizer". The concept of farming low hp monsters + high density areas + linear areas with little randomization was in the forums waaay before the Paragon system was even released.
    Quote from Jaetch

They don't.

No.

Could you please pinpoint where exactly something like this was said because it seems you are drawing huge assumptions and/or just putting words in other mouths for them.

Quote from Jaetch

Point is no one should weigh what Kripp and Alk say any more than what any other player (that actually plays this game thoroughly) says. What are they, gods? NO. Great players? Yes, sure? And? They happen to get more attention because they have a following on Twitch.

I have a Twitch account, I just don't use it. I don't feel like verbally explaining things. I rather just farm and go about my business and not be obligated to host a talk show.

You're turning something relatively simple into a huge pissing contest for no reason. No-one is taking away credit from people who have done nice deeds.

If you know this many smart and educated people I encourage you to tell them to speak up. If everyone just sits around silently hoping for something to happen and clinging to suboptimal research and solutions. This video is being discussed because it actually exists and works perfectly for stimulating discussions and not just because some of the personalities are popular.
    When I first played Diablo 2 demo, I was impressed. I already felt it was a huge upgrade from Diablo 1. I remember feeling the eerie atmosphere going into the catacombs to face Andariel, it had just the right tone to it. It was the same dreaded feeling as in Diablo when you had to go deeper and deeper down into the dungeon and lastly hell. Sure, I was like 12 back then but still. I still get creeped out playing the first STALKER game and that has an amazing atmosphere, so it isn't the age. I can bet. They lost something along the way to Diablo 3 that shouldn't have been so easily lost.

And it IS Blizzard's fault. It has nothing to do with elitism. I remember playing WoW in 2006, even the newbies talked, asked for help with quests etc. But now with these spoon fed help tips with the arrow on the compass, the highlighted area of where to farm for the x item and where to kill the y monster. The dungeon finder is what ultimately fucked it up. Sure, it is EASIER, but it doesn't necessarily mean it is better.

Players used be able to make public games, with asking for help, trade, give aways, etc. There were endless possibilities, it was all freedom. Like a sandbox. You could travel between the acts, there were much grander areas. In Diablo 3 it's all linear. Who hell wants to play that? They didn't borrow anything from other games other than the AH, which failed. They mostly took away things in exchange for pretty graphics and facebook support. That is the problem.
    How is PoE so complex and yet he uses literaly one active skill all the time?

D3 is getting so much better... Look at the new patch notes. Within like half a year and after another patch or two it will be fucking awesome. People today whine too much and i keep saying that so some of you probably hate me but it's true. My biggest issue with D3 is the linear fashion of which the maps are designed in. The whole randomized dungeons idea just didn't work as they said it will. Whatever people say though, D3 is polished in many ways. Sure it still needs some major improvements but almost everything you already have in the game is tight. They are adressing the items system in a future patch so that gives me hope i guess.

Quote from Zero(pS)

I've been saying this for months now and the tunnel visioned fans don't seem to quite grasp the argument. Maybe it's too complex and they just leave the discussion once it gets to such a point.

That seems to be true for PoE as well. I only followed that game's trend so far, but from what I observed it's quite funny seeing hundreds of people praising Kripp for inventing some Templar build, saying it's awesome and they never saw anything like that, and literally 3-4 pages behind his thread there's a guy who actually thought of it first, created the whole concept and got like 2 replies.

Alkaizer's run was not "invented by Alkaizer". The concept of farming low hp monsters + high density areas + linear areas with little randomization was in the forums waaay before the Paragon system was even released.

Like mentioned before, the whole praising thing is ridiculous and using big words like 'inventing' something just goes to show that a large portion of players live through one of their role models. Its the new way of leeching! :- P

Discussing and exchanging ideas hardly takes as much work as actually putting them into motion and this is what Kripp and Alkaizer are known for, and I don't think i've ever heard either of these people brag or take any major credit for things like 'the alkaizer run' or some build in PoE which naturally would make them alot less nice.
    Quote from InfidelMan

When I first played Diablo 2 demo, I was impressed. I already felt it was a huge upgrade from Diablo 1. I remember feeling the eerie atmosphere going into the catacombs to face Andariel, it had just the right tone to it. It was the same dreaded feeling as in Diablo when you had to go deeper and deeper down into the dungeon and lastly hell. Sure, I was like 12 back then but still. I still get creeped out playing the first STALKER game and that has an amazing atmosphere, so it isn't the age. I can bet. They lost something along the way to Diablo 3 that shouldn't have been so easily lost.

So, this particular critic is about the atmosphere. It is the first time it appears on this thread, and might even be a little off-topic (although that ship has sailed). And I do agree with you on this. I also feel like they lost something when transitioning from "sight radius doesn't let you see the environment" to "you can see everything at all times, except enemies" (aka the "fog of war" approach).

That doesn't prevent me from saying they did something awesome with the graphics. I've played a ton of games during my life, and I have to admit that D3's graphics are an achievement. Animation, effects and even texture-wise.

I don't particularly like this change in the Diablo franchise, but I'm not going to bash the game indefinitely on all fronts just because of that - and that's what I ask of others.

Players used be able to make public games, with asking for help, trade, give aways, etc. There were endless possibilities, it was all freedom. Like a sandbox.

This freedom of creating games with specific "names" also created quite a few problems. Griefing rooms, text abuse (aka textual nudity), scamming rooms, "afk-games". To me, personally, it was a very unnecessary feature, specially for actually "playing" the game. I definitely prefer the "public matchmaker" that they have today.

You could travel between the acts, there were much grander areas. In Diablo 3 it's all linear.

I kinda agree with you on this. I miss the freedom of going anywhere in the game world. The lack of randomization in "outside areas" is something a lot of people dislike as well. I understand them. Personally, I like it, and understand Blizz reasoning for it.
    Quote from Jamoose

How is PoE so complex and yet he uses literaly one active skill all the time?

Goes back to what I said. D3 and PoE have different focuses (D3 very action focused, PoE very traditional stat/number-based focused), and different "types" of complexity.

PoE is (supposedly) all about inside systems, knowing enemies abilities and damage types, and just outright knowing the insane amount of information needed to excel at the game (class, skills, enemies, maps, difficulties) - it's said to be quite overwhelming trying to know everything.
    Kripp and Alk are both pioneer's of D3 and what they have to say holds weight, I'm not sure why everyone is criticizing them. They both give great ideas on how to increase the player base of a game everyone here loves. I have to say that I agree with Kripp and Alk. I wish they would do a reset of D3, I wish they would add the PoE racing system. Those are two extremely good ideas that would increase the player base by a lot. Not only would it revive people's motivation to play this game, but it will keep them here.

I still play this game and I'm not going to quit, because I like it and I am hopeful that in future changes they will add a reset and PoE racing system.
    @Zero

I don't particularly find the graphics all that impressive. Technically, they are better. But that is irrelevant when the game should be a successor in the Diablo franchise. They're pretty, but they don't complement the Diablo universe.

There are just so many things to bash about this game, I just started with the atmosphere, which many Diablo fans held dear.

About the public games. I rarely experienced those problems when I played. Right now, they're probably more common. I never found it to be bothersome. You still had people responding to questions, trade etc. It was much easier to make friends and game with those people for weeks at a time. There was a much better social atmosphere. There is none now. You log into battle.net and you feel completely isolated, like you're in a singleplayer. Every single feature has it's pros and cons. Blizzard took away that feature based on trivial cons. What you're doing is trying to rationalize it to make yourself feel better because you want to remain complacent. Ask any Diablo 2 fan, they never wanted chat channels and public games feature be taken away. You know it very well. The pros of those features starkly outweighed the cons.

So when you combine all that shit together(nonexistent atmosphere, anti-social atmosphere, linear areas, limited builds, zero variety in items, no stat points, no skill trees, infinite amount of identity/portal scrolls, health globes, RMAH/AH and ofc, the saturday morning cartoon plot) They game looks bleak and I can't even realize how you can still like it even though you've agreed on many of my points.

If only PoE and Diablo 3 had sex, it would be the perfect successor to Diablo 2.
    Hey there! I played Diablo 2 non stop for a full year and then played it on off right till about the time D3 came up.

I like D3 better.

More at 20:00. (seriously, I get back home at that time). My fingers are quite itchy for this topic!
    Quote from InfidelMan

So when you combine all that shit together(nonexistent atmosphere, anti-social atmosphere, linear areas, limited builds, zero variety in items, no stat points, no skill trees, infinite amount of identity/portal scrolls, health globes, RMAH/AH and ofc, the saturday morning cartoon plot) They game looks bleak and I can't even realize how you can still like it even though you've agreed on many of my points.

Maybe I like it because I'm a huge fan of mixing up game genres.

Btw, I don't like putting all those critics in the same bowl because to me they're very different "problems", steeming from different design decisions. Limited builds is a result of lack of proper skill balancing. Zero variety in items to me is a myth, an urban legend (and I'm not gonna derail this even further by writing my usual essay about it). Health globes instead of potions and lack of "consumables" like scrolls is a big improvement to a lot of people. RMAH/AH became a beast of its own. Just pointing that out before we move on.

I also always loved action-focused games (old school Power Ranger games, Fighting Force, Final Fight, Devil May Cry, Chaos Legion). And to me, the Diablo franchise started with limited RPG elements (at least compared to the traditional D&D rpgs) and a very strong focus on action.

So D3 focusing on making that action feel awesome (most people seem to agree on this matter) is actually a big deal in making me like it.

If only PoE and Diablo 3 had sex, it would be the perfect successor to Diablo 2.

That does seem to be the general consensus. That each game has its own merits, systems wise.
    This is turning into an interesting discussion now the flaming has started to settle down, so I thought I'd offer my own opinion.

I'll start up front by saying that I haven't watched the video in first post, and don't intend to. I've seen a few videos by Kripp and Alk in the past, and I couldn't care less for their opinions any more than the next self created video star.

I've never understood why people look up to these guys as heroes, as fantastic players or respect their opinion and believe what they say over the voice of hundreds of casual players. Not just aimed at these two solely, but the video community, but they often don't come up with anything new, they just make it famous. As someone else here pointed out, why can't they use their resources and time to test out more interesting builds rather than sell the same cookie cutter everyone's using? While it's nice to see a character smashing hell out of MP10 solo now and again, it bores me because I feel sorry for them and think "what will they do next?"

The Paragon system was created to make it feel like we were still achieving something while we were farming for upgrades. I fantastic idea. Then people rush it to the max as fast as possible, and I expect a few of them have now decided the game's boring and are complaining it needs new features. Sorry, but tough, it's your own fault for rushing! Same goes for buying gear on the RMAH, where's the fun gone from finding an interesting drop or farming for an upgrade if you bought BiS for your whole character? Some people might prefer that to do that, and I've no objection or complaints, but don't complain about the game being rubbish because you rushed it and ran out of things to do.

If you're impatient and have to have full BiS as fast as possible, have to have Paragon 100 as fast as possible and then complain the game needs new features then I can't help but think that you're playing the wrong game. Blizzard can't really be blamed for this with the RMAH as people would have turned to forum trading or item sellers to achieve the same effect, a shame, but a truth. It's one of the reasons the RMAH was implemented (and not getting into a discussion about it either!).

In my opinion (note, not an absolute truth, and not something I'm forcing on people), the Diablo franchise was always a slow grind for gear, a slow process upgrading and levelling. It's a dungeon crawler, a grind/farm fest. Be excited about every drop that appears as a potential upgrade, an upgrade that will finally allow you to progress into the next area, or push up the MP another notch. I agree that rushing the Paragon up to 30-60 is beneficial due to the passive buff, but I don't see the enjoyment in speed farming. I much prefer to try out new builds, new equipment, farm at a pace I find enjoyable and be excited when I've managed to get a few Paragon levels and half a dozen legendaries as a by product of me playing the game rather than as a direct aim. I for one can't wait to load up a fun build for playing in 1.08, sticking it on MP1-3 and playing the game from start to finish with the new densities.

What I'm saying is that every player is different, and I get annoyed at the video stars, the high-post count load mouths (not neccessarily on this site :P), the streamers, the trolls all yelling "this sucks we want a change" when they in fact mean "I want a change". It may seem like we're a minority these days, but some of us still enjoy the game, and can still find fun in it even when we know something isn't working quite right yet.

There are also still too many players that try to treat Diablo as every other game out there and complain when it's not [insert popular title here]. To me, Diablo 3 is still true to the style of the other three, but they've added new features that give players options to change the way they play it (the AH for one massive change to play style). I'm happy with the changes they've made to the game, and I'm glad that it's not like other titles. If people don't like the way Diablo is, I'd prefer they suggested ideas for change in a more sensible manner, and/or moved onto something else rather than push their opinion out in an unconstructive (sometimes damaging) way. And even worse, try to change this game to match their own favourite title. Guess what, this game is someone else's favourite.
    "It takes a man with real heart...to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep." - Clive Barker
    Hahaha, the post above.

Hillarious! :lol:
    Quote from Bloedstorm666

Hahaha, the post above.

Hillarious! :lol:

It was funny before the edit, now it's hilarious! I won't go into why since I don't want an infraction :P The poster has clearly ignored the Mods request to not make it personal and comment only on opinions, and the manner of sharing the opinions that he decided to share are better off away from this forum anyway.

The line "We have phones that can play games 10 times better than one from 1996" was the one that made me laugh. It's true, but I'm not sure on the context of the sentence I'm interpreting. The phones can play games 10 times better than phones could in 96, maybe even better than the computers. As for games being 10 times better than 96, I'd disagree. The last games I've seen being played on a phone (in the last week alone) were the original Sonic the Hedgehog, Angry Birds (a remake of an OLD format, and that's all) and a basic laser deflecting game usually reserved for free Flash games as student projects :D

Apologies for Off Topic. Diablo 3 is awesome, and I'll happily keep grinding for my trifecta ring. 10k dps is a worthy upgrade for me still :P
    "It takes a man with real heart...to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep." - Clive Barker
    Quote from Zero(pS)

Just for the record, I'm all for this discussion as long as it doesn't become a flame/troll fest. Bear that in mind, and keep an open mind to new ideas. Attack these ideas, not the people defending them ;) That goes for both sides of the discussion.

I haven't watched the videos yet, but I have a strong bias against these sort of "elitist" players and tend to heavily agree with Bagstone. Neither of them invented the wheel, they both got solid ideas from forums (strong affixes like LoH, builds, paths, etc.) and made a name out of it.

People seem to think these are awesome guys and that they have insane game knowledge when they usually just have tons of free dedicated time (so they're obviously going to be top-end and insanely powerful players) and some more free time to check forums/youtube/streams for good ideas while they're at it.

Also, I can't bear to see these people behaving like they're the most important players of the fanbase (hint: they aren't) and the rest is crap, and all changes should be made to fit their own playstyle. All they want is "moar end-game, moar challenges. moar difficult things that nobody can do without putting 5k hours into it so I can prove that I'm oh-so-good".

Kripparian in particular seems to be quite bad at anything that's even remotely competitive that doesn't involve putting in 5k hours for the guaranteed advantage. I've checked him stream a couple times while PvPing on PoE, and even on a game that's he's supposedly so good, he seems to get stomped around by other people "using OP stuff". If he wants so desperately to prove he's so good and hardcore at games, why not play something like DotA 2, LoL or SC2, where your opponents actually have brains, instead of being just random codes.

People like Kripparian, Athene and Force wanted an "end-game grind" so badly in order to "have a reason to play", and then proceeded to never enjoy it. They want "customization systems" so badly but don't try multiple characters or inventing new builds. IIRC Force went as far as saying "I don't enjoy the game anymore because I used the RMAH", I can't even begin to understand that. I honestly find that sort of attitude weird and quite ignorant.

As far as the PoE vs D3 debate goes: I see D3 as a heavy-action focused game with pretty decent combat (good positioning, proper management of cooldowns, very fluid) and "weaker", simplified (debatable, though) RPG elements; and PoE as a more heavy-RPG (elements) focused game, with a lot less focus on "combat management".

As soon as people who dislike D3 for those design-choices realize that they're just that, design choices that don't fit their personal playstyle (aka a very complex RPG system with very traditional RPG elements), the sooner they're going to be at peace with themselves. Same goes for those who dislike PoE. People need to learn what diversity and preference really mean - as there's no such thing as "better" in such a world.

First off, I agree.

I think D3 is better suited for the people with a brain than those without tbh. Of course gear can make your character godly, but until then it does require you to think and play actively, respond in time. I was a merciless gladiator that became so against all odds playing a setup we enjoyed, trolling all top teams abusing a 4dps team with a 2 healer setup and afaik getting the world's best winrate (196-13) while playing 100% of the games with 2/5 alts at the start of the season and after the first 80 games 30% of them until season end and staying #1 ever since attaining it, besting arenateams like nihilum's. WoW was a game where you could be like athene, spend a lof of time on a paladin and faceroll arena in any format, but there were also truly skilled gems in between. Elite gamers without an elitist attitude like these jackass clowns.

So i can see the whiny kripp is complaining.

^ Wotb + br up: live conditions.
    I love chicken!!!! Enuff Said!!!
    Quote from InfidelMan

I don't particularly find the graphics all that impressive. Technically, they are better. But that is irrelevant when the game should be a successor in the Diablo franchise. They're pretty, but they don't complement the Diablo universe.

There are just so many things to bash about this game, I just started with the atmosphere, which many Diablo fans held dear.

I find the atmosphere in Act to be spot-on beautiful and very much within the boundaries of the "diablo universe'. The rolling fog, dead animals, corpses strewn about, wide open fields that show evidence of a once functioning society now overrun by evil. Act 1 was well beyond my expectations, in terms of atmosphere. Act 2 follows suite well but the cheesy story-line involving Mahgda really seemed to take a shit on the ebb-n-flow of the Act.

Frankly, the only act that betrays the atmosphere of the Diablo universe is Act 4. It seemed rushed (developmentally), ugly and I feel like defending heaven isn't what Diablo players want. We want hell, knee deep in fire and brimstone, we wanted hell and we got heaven.

Where the game fails to meet many of our expectations appears to be, by a vast consensus, itemization. Though I feel people are unfairly (and mistakenly) targeting certain aspects of itemization as faulty. The randomness of item affixes is a great advent, truly relegating Legendary items as 100% unique in most cases.

Crafting is not a good substitute for Runewords.

Crafting is not a good substitute for the horadric cube.

Crafting is not a good substitute for turning white items into godly gears.

Crafting is only a substitute for gambling, nothing more.

Crafting BoA items was nothing short of an emergency salve for the troubles of the AH, player complaints about extremely anorexic drops and a very limited itemization table (no jewels, charms, RW's).

Bad news is; Substantial fixes are far off.

Good news is; There are so many things they can do to make D3's itemization table sing. It will take an X-pac to drag this ship off the rocks (
    BurningRope#1322
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes