Vanishing Dye to Work on Legendaries

http://us.battle.net...ic/7593623207#2

Vaeflare:
    We're working on getting Vanishing Dyes for Legendary items into 1.0.7. We intend for them to have the same slot restrictions as dyes traditionally have, so you'll be able to use Vanishing Dye on say, your Legendary shoulders or helmet, but not items such as your weapons.

YES, I shall no longer look like a clown!
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Diablo 3 is now officially renamed "Bikini Demon Slayers" :)
    First order of business: Vanish the Mempo.
    OFFENSIVE STATS: 126K Unbuffed DPS • 183K Buffed DPS • 2.25 APS • +24% Movement Speed
    DEFENSIVE STATS: 1.07M Unbuffed EHP • 102K Life • 2,269 Life on Hit • 674 Life per Sec • 23.5% Dodge
    Quote from unReality

First order of business: Vanish the Mempo.

No, second. My first will be Vanish Vile Ward. Seriously, why do the BiS shoulders have the WorstInSlot design, at least for wizards? Great to see this happen.

Question: are CE/SC2E wings still visible if you vanish on shoulders?
    My Wizard, vanishing of Vile Ward will be job #1 for me. How do these dies work exactly, I remember having a bit of trouble trying to get them to work before.
    no voting process needed i guess, Vile Ward the ugliest set of pixels on gear is gonna be the wildest vanishing dye consumer :)
    cool.

but we really need the color change.

I wanna change the ice walkers and innas pants from that light blue to almost anything else...
    Best news since launch.

Mempo: Can't wait to vanish this piece of horribadness.

Vile Ward: Why all the hate? I would never dye those. But we have different taste I guess :)
    this is just awesome! Vile ward 1st to go. I do think you should be able to change to color though.

the cost of vanishing dye os going to go thru the roof........lol
    Yeah i was thinking of putting a vanishing dye on my Mempo aswel. Both ob my barb and dh. I like this change. Changing the color of legendaries will be really awesome, imagine a red / green Andariel's visage :D

I'm killing Mempo, but I'm keeping Vile Ward since it looks pretty decent with my Blade Wings.

Oh, I bought out Vanishing Dyes when they were about 330 gold a piece. Now they're about 1400.
    Did I miss something? Since when do you have to buy Vanishing Dye off the AH? Why not just buy from any vendor of your choice?
    Quote from Bagstone

Did I miss something? Since when do you have to buy Vanishing Dye off the AH? Why not just buy from any vendor of your choice?

^This. No idea why someone would buy Vanishing Dye off the AH since every vendor sells it for like 360 g or so.
    My Mempo and Zuni hat will fly straight out of the window when it makes into this patch. Cant imagine anythin more ugly besdies those 2 and Andariels. Do wonder whats so special about legendaries that you couldnt before.
    I like the look of the Mempo of Twilight, it has a sort of Darth Vader look to it. My Wizard will keep that but make vanish those awful Vile Ward, the only shoulders that are worse are those 7 Sins they are the ugliest piece of equipment in the game.
    No more Andariel.... Finally!
    Quote from provocator

Quote from Bagstone

^This. No idea why someone would buy Vanishing Dye off the AH since every vendor sells it for like 360 g or so.

Because not all dyes are always readily available for purchase at in-game vendors. The AH just guarantees the stock.

Quote from Deathyz
    Do wonder whats so special about legendaries that you couldnt before.

Legendary/set items are coded differently than rares, etc. In order to actually dye them different colors, the developers have to recode all the items (which I believe a blue post said they're in the process of doing).
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from provocator

Quote from Bagstone

my comment was sarcasim....bazinga!
    Anyways, the only Legendary things on which you will apply Vanishing Dye are head and shoulder slots, as those are "optional" equippement pieces.
    You can't possibly want to run around in full ilvl63 armor with Vanishing Dye applied over your Depth Digger pants, do you?

For me, the Vanishing Dye for legendaries won't change much... The biggest thing that totally demolishes my color setup are Zuni's set boots. I have to keep my armor white because of them, topped with a red Storm Crow. Quite patriotic in my case.
    Squirt has vanishing dye for 390. (Act 2 vendor)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes