100,000,000 IGG give-away (USA-Softcore)

Quote from Syronicus

Can you imagine the number of people that would be banned for buying a gem at a low price when the gems debacle was going on? Even those who didn't know better would be banned for simply buying at a low price, even if it were a single gem. Silly extremists! Deal with the origin of the problem, not the folks that took advantage of a great price.

they couldnt ban anyone for buying duped gem(you cant know you are buying a dupe), but they should be deleting em and restoring the gold paid for em if they are duped and delete the gold and ban the seller till it resolve to the duper

they wont do it because some transaction are money transaction and from term of use every rmah transaction is final unless they break the term of use

but by not doing it they are ''duping'' in their own way and effect the market in the same way pretty much but on a very smaller scale.

its pretty much the same way if we would have fake money that were looking exactly the same way as a real one
    100$ is still 100$ but the dolars itself would be worth less because they exist

it also open a spot to abuse it

lets say you duped 1000 gem, you sold em at 5 million but rebought most of em of a legit account....
    lets say you did that and when you did it when it worked
    so from what i said
    you paid 5x500 million so 2500 million
    you sell em now you get at least 7500 million
    you still have 5000 million profit wich arent goin to be deleted in gold or in gem
    because i dont know anyone who had a gem deleted
    all we know is that they banned some hacker, and thats it
    doubt there is any duping beside restoration active atm at least no a very large scale
    but it isnt fixxed at all from my point of view
    and yes i doubt 4-5 gem myself at 5 million, didnt expected they fix it either when all this happened and yes i wouldnt care if they recash em and every other gem that was duped
    Quote from Cryomatic

they couldnt ban anyone for buying duped gem(you cant know you are buying a dupe), but they should be deleting em and restoring the gold paid for em if they are duped and delete the gold and ban the seller till it resolve to the duper

They can't just restore the gold or revert the gem trades. Let's say that some player bought a few gems when the price was low and then sold them as the prices rose again. He then used that gold to buy a few items from the AH and possibly even made some trades outside of the AH. He now has zero gold. How would you revert this players trades?

There is just no fair way to delete the duped gems. The best Blizzard can do is what they have done; investigate what caused the gem prices to crash, take measures to ensure it would not happen again and ban the accounts that were responsible. Then just move on. The economy will recover by itself (as we can see from the gem prices).
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes