Kripp tips @Blizzard

Kripp basically just ripped his ideas from DAoC, which I really enjoyed as a game, but it's sad to see no originality from him. All the people who think he's such a genius, let's give credit where it's due... These aren't Kripp's ideas.
    Playing a Wizard. Looking for Demon Hunters to play with.

Some of you are so focused on the destination you completely forget to enjoy the journey.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Oh for certain!

My own so-called "end game" right now is replaying the entire game, and when I take a break, I read "Diablo III - The Order", and try to find links between the book and the lore within the game. That alone make makes it worth it for me. And then when I'm done for the day, I discuss the story with my 74-year old dad who doesn't play games, and his interest alone keeps me coming back for more.

Marks my words. Give it 40 to 50 years or so, and the whole story, from all authors, starting from Diablo 1 and going all the way through Diablo III and whatever is still to come, will be held with the same regard then as we do today for the epic Tolkien stories, "The Silmarillion", "The Hobbit" and "The Lord Of The Rings".
    Peter Alexander Dzomlija Do you hear, huh? The Alpha and The Omega? Death and Rebirth? And as you die, so shall I be Reborn...
    wasted 15 min watching this video. nothing new. nothing helpful. nothing clever.
    :trollface:

It's a one off cost - you cannot demand ANYTHING from Diablo 3.
    It is SINGLE PLAYER, the only multiplayer in Diablo 3 is 4 ppl playing - the rest is e-peen.

There's absolutely nothing stopping you from farming the same content over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over^10 times in Diablo 3 like we all did in Diablo2. That's what I'm doing in Diablo3 and I enjoy it as well.

But comparing a one-off purchase SINGLEPLAYER GAME (which both diablo 3 and 2 and 1 for that matter is, no matter how you turn it) to an MMO where you actually pay money every month to get content updates is like comparing World of Warcraft to Super Mario.

MMO = Massive Multiplayer Online.
    If 4 people is massive for you I am sorry for your ignorance, but don't go on ignorant rants acting like Diablo 3 is an MMO, there are plenty of other shows out there for you buddy.

edit: I correct myself, Single Player-ish.

I never mentioned MMO-s. I mentioned Diablo 2 which is not on the same page regarding replayabilityas games like the guy compared it to. Mario, Zelda etc. really? We haven't signed up for that with Diablo 3, NOR did we expect a constant flow of content like an MMO. I personally expect the same replayability Diablo 2 had. PvM and player hosted PvP ladders - which Diablo 3 lacks.

IT is a one of cost indeed. But with blizz making a 15% commision on the RMAH. I wonder what their monthly income is actually like?

This is true, but that's the money hungry blizzie.
    However you forgot to include that you the player actually gets money for blizz to be able to get any commission :)

Dzom,

A fine point - I wonder how many of these "hardcore" gamers actually get around to enjoy the lore as well - I admit I've skipped a couple of books etc by just mashing escape to get on to the next champ pack ~~ But now that you mention it, I need to get back to my roots a lil and actually ENJOY the story as well as the gameplay.

End game solutions
    We recognize that the item hunt is just not enough for a long-term sustainable end-game. There are still tons of people playing every day and week, and playing a lot, but eventually they're going to run out of stuff to do (if they haven't already). Killing enemies and finding items is a lot of fun, and we think we have a lot of the systems surrounding that right, or at least on the right path with a few corrections and tweaks. But honestly Diablo III is not World of Warcraft.

I never mentioned MMO-s. I mentioned Diablo 2 which is not on the same page regarding replayabilityas games like the guy compared it to. Mario, Zelda etc. really? We haven't signed up for that with Diablo 3, NOR did we expect a constant flow of content like an MMO. I personally expect the same replayability Diablo 2 had. PvM and player hosted PvP ladders - which Diablo 3 lacks.

Dude, I beat Final Fantasy VII 102 times.
    That's about the same amount of time I spent in Diablo 2.

What you're angry about is Battle.net 2.0, not diablo 3.

Diablo 3 has the same replay-value as Diablo 2, you're just older now and can't see it.

PvM? Dude, √úberdiablo wasn't in D2 until late. The rest is harder in Diablo3 than it was in Diablo2. (I might actually even slip on the side that uberdiablo is easier than some champ packs).

What Diablo3 is can be directly compared to a Zelda game. an ARPG.
    You get items - you get super powerful, you beat bosses - same as in Diablo 2.

Diablo 3 can be directly compared to a Final Fantasy game, sure not an ARPG, but still an RPG not an MMORPG.

Diablo 2 can be directly compared to a Final Fantasy game as well, so can Zelda and Mario as well.

I would recommend you visit www.gamefaqs.com and look up some of the challenges in Final Fantasy games, those are "player hosted".

I would also recommend you going to www.speeddemosarchive.com and look up the community there as well, that's also "player made content".

So before you spout out "ignorant fuck" and similarities I would recommend you looking at things from an objective angle, and look back at Diablo 2 - because I cannot be arsed to play Diablo 2 for more than a Hell Clear on 1-2 characters anymore, perhaps you should try it as well.

End game solutions
    We recognize that the item hunt is just not enough for a long-term sustainable end-game. There are still tons of people playing every day and week, and playing a lot, but eventually they're going to run out of stuff to do (if they haven't already). Killing enemies and finding items is a lot of fun, and we think we have a lot of the systems surrounding that right, or at least on the right path with a few corrections and tweaks. But honestly Diablo III is not World of Warcraft.

This is true, but that's the money hungry blizzie.
    However you forgot to include that you the player actually gets money for blizz to be able to get any commission :)

That would be true, if my stuff sold. Go buy my stuff!

I enjoyed runnign around towns, and listening to peoples gripes about "oh no here comes hell again". but more than that I really enjoy fnding the random events. They are like mini stories in themselves. A celler with frightened inhabitants. A guy lost in the oasis who found a secret opening. and many many more.

Great stuff! makes exploring all the worth while.

I would also recommend you going to www.speeddemosarchive.com and look up the community there as well, that's also "player made content".

I remember the first speed demo I saw was the guy beating Half Life in like 30 mins. I creamed myself watching that vid.

Spiralling of topic here!

Grr angry angry Kripp bad bad diablo 3 bad bad endgame bad bad angry angry

Oh No thats not quite on topic either is it.

I remember the first speed demo I saw was the guy beating Half Life in like 30 mins. I creamed myself watching that vid.

Spiralling of topic here!

Grr angry angry Kripp bad bad diablo 3 bad bad endgame bad bad angry angry

Oh No thats not quite on topic either is it.

Those guys are sick, the best ppl at SDA are... well yeah I wish I had that kind of time to start frameskipping diablo ^^

also to be back on topic

No grr grr you anger kripp with diablo bad not at all!

End game solutions

Dude, I beat Final Fantasy VII 102 times.
    That's about the same amount of time I spent in Diablo 2.

What you're angry about is Battle.net 2.0, not diablo 3.

Diablo 3 has the same replay-value as Diablo 2, you're just older now and can't see it.

PvM? Dude, √úberdiablo wasn't in D2 until late. The rest is harder in Diablo3 than it was in Diablo2. (I might actually even slip on the side that uberdiablo is easier than some champ packs).

What Diablo3 is can be directly compared to a Zelda game. an ARPG.
    You get items - you get super powerful, you beat bosses - same as in Diablo 2.

Diablo 3 can be directly compared to a Final Fantasy game, sure not an ARPG, but still an RPG not an MMORPG.

Diablo 2 can be directly compared to a Final Fantasy game as well, so can Zelda and Mario as well.

I would recommend you visit www.gamefaqs.com and look up some of the challenges in Final Fantasy games, those are "player hosted".

So before you spout out "ignorant fuck" and similarities I would recommend you looking at things from an objective angle, and look back at Diablo 2 - because I cannot be arsed to play Diablo 2 for more than a Hell Clear on 1-2 characters anymore, perhaps you should try it as well.

I played diablo 2 a few month ago, and even though I was decked out, I was still looking to upgrade my 38-39 lifer skill charms to 40+ ones, cause that games offers incentives to do so - namely PvP ladders in my case, charlevel ladders for others. Here I have no motivation whatsoever to gain better gear, since I can clear inferno already with what I've got, I can't use better gear for anything.

About that Banditos guy... if you read his previous comments he started with saying "HORRIBLE SUGGESTIONS go farm itemz nab just for the sake of having them" and went on to justify Diablo 3 not having so much endgame possibilities by comparing it to games which weren't designed to keep players playing for years. Diablo 3 is meant to keep us playing even if not for our entertainment, but for the RMAH's sake for sure.
    I was the one comparing Diablo to other games, such as FF/Zelda/Mario.

What I'm saying is that what you're enjoying in Diablo 2 is PLAYER MADE content, not Blizz made one, and if you're looking for player made content and there is none make some yourself.

RMAH = You make money blizzard makes money. Has nothing to do with demanding endgame content.

You paid for the game, you got what they programmed.

You're not paying a subscription therefore you are in no position to demand that blizzard does x or y.

Blizz makes money from the RMAH this is true, but so do you - therefore you cannot demand anything from blizz.

In WoW you don't make money blizz makes money - there you can demand content.

If you claim that you are such a hardcore diablo2 player - then perhaps you're forgetting yourself.

Kripp himself is in no position to complain about the game being to easy.

He did (ON STREAM)

1) Admit that they had a dude farming resplendent chest in A3 before anyone killed Belial (SC)
    2) Zoltun Kulle leveling bug.
    3) Skip packs in A4 to get to Diablo.
    4) Farm the same goblin for endless hours.

Obviously if you do that and exploit the system the game is easy, he didn't beat HC yet, he can't stand in the middle of Fire Chains, Molten, Desecrator, Frozen without dying - I've seen SC barbs do that so its possible.

End game solutions
    I think both the feedback of Kripp as well as the one by Athene in the other vid was worthy, because IMO D3 offers not enough, even for a game which was just out 6 weeks. If you take a look of the developement time and take another look on vids (on YT) from the year 2008 I really ask myself what the dev-team invested their time in during the last 4 years.
    Something ladder-like, some neat ways to mkeep on progression would simply be beneficial and quick to implement.
    I can't imagine the upcoming Arena-PVP to be fun in the current state. It would just be imbalanced to the ground and I don't see them getting the situation handled with the class-overhaul in the future patch.

Easy to fix this game, build an endless random dungeon that gets harder every floor but also drops better loot every floor, show the best level reached per account and per character on profiles. Job done.

This is something I have in mind in a similar way and I think Blizz has all the incredients to hook up something like this to the game.
    Even if I would prefer something like it was seen in the Golden Axe series on consoles back around the year 1990.
    A colosseum/duel(-mode) where you enter to fight increasing hordes of monster growing by density and powers - maybe implementable solo or coop as well.

oldschool ;P

I don't know why so many people become angry and offensive if a lot of worthy, beneficial feedback is made by the community - even fanbois would profit from a more sophisticated version of the game, even in an early stage, but sooner or later even you will reach the point where the excitement eases off - so it's not wrong to speak about improvements in an early stage.
    Present: d3 =/= WoW
    Future: d3 = WoW

Only hope: PvP ladder that resets every 6 months.
    I like what Athene mentioned...
    with Hardcore PvP Arena / Spectator Mode...and Ultimate Death yes/no Option..
    With great prices, Titels and crap for the Winner...

That sounds so fucking Awsome :)
    "Blizz makes money from the RMAH this is true, but so do you - therefore you cannot demand anything from blizz.

In WoW you don't make money blizz makes money - there you can demand content."

If Blizzard wants a steady income from RMAH it's THEIR best intrest to keep players interested. Doesn't matter if I demand anything or not :D Also it's natural to expect no less from D3 than it's predecessor. Which at least ALLOWED player hosted PvP ladders.
    Ladder = accomplishment? That's a concept I'll never understand.

Do people really need that virtual mean to keep their self esteem high? In this day and age?

Being able to do as much within a game, enjoy absolutely every part of it (cinematics, story, lore, art, soundtrack, effects, all gameplay possibilities in all classes and different builds as I level up, different end-game builds), have fun with friends while laughing at dumb things, and make it all as time-efficient as possible (considering I don't have 80 hours+ a week anymore for games) is my idea of an accomplishment. And it's saddening to me how "hardcore gamers" nowadays are moving away from that.

I wish people would just let go of the need to show how good and unique they are within a media that's supposed to be a time out from the serious stuff that's real life (where you actually have to prove to others how important you are, specially in your profession).

Ladder = accomplishment? That's a concept I'll never understand.

Competition.

And it's saddening to me how "hardcore gamers" nowadays are moving away from that.

I wish people would just let go of the need to show how good and unique they are within a media that's supposed to be a time out from the serious stuff that's real life (where you actually have to prove to others how important you are, specially in your profession).

This is the reason why I am not fond of players like e.g. Athene, Kripp or Kungen - and can not understand the hype around them. In addition, I think it is pretentious to publish such "recommendations". Sure, at the moment, I can spend many hours on this game but do not feel the urge to shout out my opinion about aspects of the game which would probably alter the game experience for other players in a negative way. Especially, considering the fact that Diablo never was about progress and world firsts. It was and is about steady improvement of my character(s).
    Bandyto#2350
    EU
    Yeah, I'm 100% into competitive gaming. Hell, I love HoN, LoL and DotA 1/2 because of that competitive feeling..

What I don't get is some saying a game is broken (not just D3, but most games that lack such feature) because it lacks a way to show others or yourself how good someone is :fret: it's almost as if having a ladder was more important than being a good game..

I think maybe the problem is that most see D3 as a sort of spiritual successor of WoW. Or they thought that D2's ladder meant something to most Diablo fans. To me D3 is more related to Minecraft (dumb fun, nothing else matters) than anything else :P and we knew this design philosophy from the beginning (2008), so what's the big deal?

This is the reason why I am not fond of players like e.g. Athene, Kripp or Kungen - and can not understand the hype around them. In addition, I think it is pretentious to publish such "recommendations". Sure, at the moment, I can spend many hours on this game but do not feel the urge to shout out my opinion about aspects of the game which would probably alter the game experience for other players in a negative way. Especially, considering the fact that Diablo never was about progress and world firsts. It was and is about steady improvement of my character(s).

Bingo? :D

And that's why I like Day9 (from SC2). He doesn't analyse and take games seriously to "be the best", or to prove something.. He does that for fun... so we can be better gamers (as he says). All that to experience a whole new level of fun gaming (some things you can only do when you're good :P like multipronged harassment with multiple Medivacs + Marines :))
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes