Pre emptive strike on inferno.....unbelievable

So I'm reading through a thread about the skeleton kings stats on different difficulties. I can't remember the exact number but the sk on inferno had some crazy damage number like 170k..... Now Im perfectly fine with this however half the posts after that were people whining about how blizzard has gone too far and getting one shotted will suck etc....... Now after being one of the many people lobbying for a real hard game and inferno in its entirety I'm a little pissed people are already whining for blizzard to nerf it before the games out your making us look crazy
    Actually, I'm pissed at people's stupidity.

They don't know how much health we will have.

They don't know how much armor will decrease damages.

They're fucking dumb to assume that they will get one shot because of a random number.

Anyway, I think those who think this way are the ones that are going to get one shot.

'Cause, you know, I can assume myself that 20K billions HP for the Skeleton King is not enough, because he might be going to get one shot as well, then.
    strange, I remember seeing some complaints about 'one shots' but don't recall seeing any 'whining for nerfs'
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from Ragator

Actually, I'm pissed at people's stupidity.

They don't know how much health we will have.

They don't know how much armor will decrease damages.

They're fucking dumb to assume that they will get one shot because of a random number.

^ There it is.

And I do agree with OP. I hate that the fans who are most vocal about some things are also the least stable when it comes to an opinion. They want a hard game, but not too hard. RMAH sucks and will ruin the game, but I'm going to turn it into a small home business and make my fortune. This game is too much like WoW, but they should make it more like WoW.

I know Blizzard has the sense to see that those fans represent a small portion of their actual fanbase, but it's frustrating to get lumped together with the crazys. :P
    I really hope inferno will be completely impossible
    it wont mean very little but it proly wont 1 shot if your geared up
    enough armor to reduce things by percentages + pasives that reduce , plus all the other crap that reduces (too many abilities to list) it wont be that big an issue if you know to not get slamed by it every 2 seconds.
    If you compere D2 to D3 you will notice end game items are about the same power HOWEVER, D2 skills used to give ALOT MORE %DAMAGE

Uber diablo in D2 had 600 000 life http://classic.battl...berdiablo.shtml
    and killing this gentleman without crushing bow used to take alot of time

@to compere!

The skeleton king in D3 inferno mode have 15 000 000 life
    Agreed, this game NEEDS a mode this difficult, or its appeal and longevity will wear off too quickly.

If people are complaining about something being too hard and aren't up for a challenge that will force them to actually THINK and PLAN what kind of builds/gear they will use, then they shouldn't be bothering past normal.

The whole point of getting exclusive gear from inferno is that it's hard to obtain, so only those who put in the effort can flaunt it around.

I'm looking forward to slogging it through inferno as I'm sure it will be one of the most rewarding things to pass.
    THERE WILL BE ONE SHOTS :D
    Quote from Vanhyo

If you compere D2 to D3 you will notice end game items are about the same power HOWEVER, D2 skills used to give ALOT MORE %DAMAGE

Uber diablo in D2 had 600 000 life http://classic.battl...berdiablo.shtml
    and killing this gentleman without crushing bow used to take alot of time

@to compere!

The skeleton king in D3 inferno mode have 15 000 000 life

Reeeeeally? Where did you find stats on the end game items in Diablo 3? You can't seriously be trying to compare the two games (one of which isn't even out yet, we basically know NOTHING of the inferno-difficulty, except from a guide that's already outdated)

All we know is that by increasing monster level compared to our level, they made the game harder. How much harder? We just don't know yet. Pulling numbers out your ass doesn't make for a valid comparison.
    This particular mob could very likely have an attack that is slow, i.e. easy to dodge if you know how. In that case it actually makes sense that it could one-shot you. It any case, it's dumb to make assumptions based on a random number, which others have already pointed out.
    Well i was one of those people saying it would suck to get one-shotted so i feel i have to defend my opinion. Im not screaming for nerfs AT ALL .. but if blizzards definition of difficult is having monsters one-shotting you (even when you have inferno-ready gear) that is NOT what i would call a difficult game, because it doesn't add depth or complexity to the game. What makes it difficult should be hard hitting mobs (not one hit kills) and different affixes on those mobs so you have to use different tactics to kill the mobs.

EDIT. As some people are saying, that 170k must be some kind of special attack that you can dodge. And im totaly OKAY getting one-shotted by a slow hitting attack i can dodge.
    I agree with the guy who hopes inferno is completely impossible. For anyone who complains about infernos difficulty, they can stick with hell. They still got to complete the game. 3 times. Diablo 2 became no longer a challenge in hell after you attained Good-Great gear. And it encouraged me to just make a new charactor because I wanted that feeling of survival that I once had with my others before they became gods. Inferno better be so damn hard that even with the most god god gear, it will take eternity to grind through a few mobs without dieing. GG
    I'm really happy it's going to be super hardcore :3
    Quote from MrMilo

Well i was one of those people saying it would suck to get one-shotted so i feel i have to defend my opinion. Im not screaming for nerfs AT ALL .. but if blizzards definition of difficult is having monsters one-shotting you (even when you have inferno-ready gear) that is NOT what i would call a difficult game, because it doesn't add depth or complexity to the game. What makes it difficult should be hard hitting mobs (not one hit kills) and different affixes on those mobs so you have to use different tactics to kill the mobs.

I completely agree with this. Getting one-shot might make for a very difficult game, but all the fun get's sucked out immidiatly if you get insta-killed without any chance to fight back. BUT! Let's give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt, shall we not? They have made one or two best selling games before, let's assume they know what they're doing - they know a ton more about this stuff than any of us do, anyways. It's simply not worth it to assume and worry about the game because we don't know anything about how difficult it will be - except it will be difficult. :)
    Quote from dazzled999

So I'm reading through a thread about the skeleton kings stats on different difficulties. I can't remember the exact number but the sk on inferno had some crazy damage number like 170k..... Now Im perfectly fine with this however half the posts after that were people whining about how blizzard has gone too far and getting one shotted will suck etc....... Now after being one of the many people lobbying for a real hard game and inferno in its entirety I'm a little pissed people are already whining for blizzard to nerf it before the games out your making us look crazy

It is not SK who does 170k dmg(minimun), it is a monster from act 4 called Armaddon. I won't be surprised if rare monsters with some affixes hit for over 300k. Yet, this Armaddon only drains mana and AP, doesn't have a dash of any kind, so any ranged shouldn't have a problem kitting it with some kind of slow.
    On the other hand, a monk or barb can easily tank this. It is believed that the damage reduction from armor formula is:

1- 50*lvl/(50*lvl+armor)

If you look at lvl 60 armor alone on itens from artisans, plus str and skills that modify armor, not to mention itens affixes...You can easily have like 15k armor, therefore 85% damge reduction from armor alone. Resistances should work the same way, but I am not sure. I assume a 10% dmg reduction is totally safe to say...
    So, looking at a Barb with ONLY Threatening Shout as a defensive spell, let's see those 300k dmg again:

300k * 85% armor dr * 10% resistance dr * 20% dr from shout * 30% melee passive = 22,680.

Given the fact that people could have almost 2k HP in beta with some vit itens, lvl 60 will have 100k+ hp.
    If u put some defensive cooldowns + cc's + dodge + life steal + pots + etc... they hit like a lady...
    People will only get one shot if some crazy affixes combo that make monsters hit for like 1.5kk+ raw dmg

Buff Inferno plz....
    To me, it's the perfect example of "you can't please everyone".

On one hand you have people complaining that the game is too easy and won't take any real skill. Now with the inferno info, you have people saying its too hard and unbeatable.

The great thing is that diablo has a wide spectrum to appeal to everyone in one way or another.

Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the News team  

and I hope we will get one shotted in inferno and I also hope the only blizzard response to whining will be "Play a lower difficulty level." :)
    It's called a difficulty level for a reason, right.
    I'm suprised blizzard doesn't have a higher programmer turn-over rate, with the amount of whining people do over their games... But they still buy them right?

On topic;
    If you're whining about inferno mode, maybe video games just isn't the thing you're good at. Try normal and you should go outside and find another hobby.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes