Major/Small differences between beta and final release?

Quote from Elire

Didn't they state that they left out the setting "ultra" for graphics?

Nope, they stated there will be no ultra setting. :)

http://www.neoseeker...-ultra-setting/

Personally I hope for higher performance in the retail version. As of right now, the Mac client is seriously broken. (20 FPS in OSX versus about 50-60 FPS in Win7). Hope they fix this in retail, but since it hasn't been fixed in patch 17, I am beginning to doubt it. Pretty sure the graphics we see in beta is the graphics we'll see in retail though.
    Quote from phatosen

Quote from Elire

Didn't they state that they left out the setting "ultra" for graphics?

Nope, they stated there will be no ultra setting. :)

http://www.neoseeker...-ultra-setting/

Personally I hope for higher performance in the retail version. As of right now, the Mac client is seriously broken. (20 FPS in OSX versus about 50-60 FPS in Win7). Hope they fix this in retail, but since it hasn't been fixed in patch 17, I am beginning to doubt it. Pretty sure the graphics we see in beta is the graphics we'll see in retail though.

As always, I can't remember where I read this, but they stated that the beta client is not as smooth and optimized as the retail client. It didn't mean that the graphics will improve (I still think there is no need for higher graphics :)), but it means that the frames per second, loading times etc will improve.

I have noticed that when I log on to the beta and start playing, every new action I do (like swing my weapon, use a waypoint etc.), always has a slight delay, as if the animation is loading in-game rather than during the loading screen. I think this is the kind of thing that will be cleared up with the retail client.

Note: that isn't the kind of thing that gets fixed with new patches, but is inherently linked to the beta client being a less optimized system. So you will probably see better frame rates on launch.

Edit: what's the point of crying over an "ultra" setting? In games with "ultra" settings, "ultra" is just a label for the highest textures and effects etc that the engine can produce. So "high" settings in D3 could just as easily be called "ultra".

Imo the beta looks really nice, smooth AA, high quality textures and shadows, overall it looks really good and feels really responsive. Can someone actually explain what we're missing out on with no "ultra" setting?
    They did mention that the stuttering and fps drops won't be an issue with release, as it's tied to the beta servers and the stuff working behind the scenes. If you run the game at max settings and aren't biased about D2 somehow having the best graphics and lighting of all-time, you'll really enjoy D3's graphics.
    I hope the graphics will be cool!
    I have a signature so you can see my post and that post rating count icon (along with hand icon) do not overlay my post. If you do not have a signature, for the sake of others, please make one.
    Lots of newcomers to the board as the game nears release...

There will certainly not be monk animations w/ weapons in the game at release. They may be patched in later, but think about it logically. How would they animate the palm smash attack with weapons? :F

They would require entirely new animations for every skill, and maybe even entirely different animations for staves and maces. Far too much work and other things should be far higher priority (like implementing PvP).

Yes, co-op is already in the game in beta, so... Diablo is about co-op.

The graphics are fine. You can't get a good feel for the graphics until you're rocking them full screen on your comp in perfect quality.
    I definitely have noticed new randomization in the cathedral as beta patches have gone live as well.
    Quote from Triggerdog

I definitely have noticed new randomization in the cathedral as beta patches have gone live as well.

Which is what I was referring to in my post.

It feels as if they left some "randomization coding" to do based on feedback. The paths were starting to get quite a bit predictable at one point in the beta.
    Not sure if this is true or not, but I remember reading about it somewhere. They said that there will be more gore in the retail version than in the beta because the beta couldn't get a rating like the retail version.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes