Diablo 3 countdown physical challenge

I was kinda half-running 3.5 miles a day already but unfortunately school keeps eating into my time.

School will keep me occupied just fine, it seems.
    I used to run cross country until about at the end of my high schooling 2 years ago, I started getting shin splints really badly. The pain was so severe that I was forced to stop running for weeks at a time just to let them recover, and then once I felt they were better, I'd go out again and depending on the cushioning between my feet and the ground (shoes and surface hardness) they would come back either really quickly like after 1 running session, or gradually over a few weeks.

I joined the gym a year ago mainly because the treadmill is even softer to run on than grass, and that was working pretty well but then I also need to run sometimes in my every day life, such as to make the train on time, and then my shin splints come roaring back.

I seriously don't know why I'm getting them as I see people running on concrete every day, and I'm still young and fit. It's just getting to me... Something must be wrong with me....
    Currently im sitting at 175 lbs 6'2.

I lift Mon, Wed, Fri, Swim HIIT Tues Thurs and Longboard at night around 10pm on Sunday when my back streets are empty.

My goal for D3 release is to hit 182lbs and gain good increases on my Bench, Deadlift Squat and SMP,

Staying in good shape is vital to my Diablo enjoyment.
    Redkoolaid -ALL 2 MINUTE COOLDOWNS
    Very cool to read Emberos.

I've stayed in shape despite gaming quite a bit. I workout daily and can't see myself giving it up anytime soon. I avoid pastas/breads as much as I can and I only snack on fruits/vegetables. Only drink water and the occasional fruit drink (i love apple juice).

It's very easy to be lazy but you gotta get out there. Even if it's 10 minutes of cardio it's better than nothing.
    Wow awesome replies guys glad to see so many are interested in pushing themselves or challenging their bodies for a month with me will update main post.
    Funny thing is I made a thread a while ago about the importance of physical fitness and the relation it has the empower your gaming experience at the same time on the official Diablo 3 forums.

I got called a troll and got flamed for like 7 pages.

I have no face to express my face.
    Redkoolaid -ALL 2 MINUTE COOLDOWNS
    Quote from FistOfZakarum

Funny thing is I made a thread a while ago about the importance of physical fitness and the relation it has the empower your gaming experience at the same time on the official Diablo 3 forums.

I got called a troll and got flamed for like 7 pages.

I have no face to express my face.

I lol'd a lot and makes me happy that we have that type of community here. Also post edited if anyone wants to type their challenge and let me know.
    Yeah, I was planning on starting this today :) glad to see some forum incentive..
    Running is boring, I challenge you to P90X or Insanity.
    Here is some inspiration video for all you runners out there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnqpYKx8Fvk
    Quote from Doez

Running is boring, I challenge you to P90X or Insanity.

Meh this is a 30 day challenge so p90x wont work and for someone who hasn't run in forever and is 6ft 220 running 5 miles a day is hard enough.

Edit: nice video
    i'm already in shape as far as this counts for bodyfat, but i have to admit that my stamina could be better! maybe i should start playing basketball again. but then i would need some contacts or such groovy goggles like amare stoudemire xD
    the first option is awful to handle on a regular day basis
    the second option is awfully expensive.
    Well, fitness wise I could do better. But I'm studying to become a nature guide - so lots of walking for me.
    Since i do mountaineering, the next week i'll push to a 6b+ difficult way... But i need to do a little training before.
    I am in pretty good shape (I am 6'5 and can dunk a basketball) and have been exercising mixing plyometric jump training, cardio, chest back, and ab workouts with a fair amount of consistency. I am starting a new routine today that on a weekly basis I will do 4x jump workouts with a weighted vest, p90x ab workouts 4-5 times, p90x chest and back, and p90x shoulders and biceps. Doing this more for a trip I am going to in a couple of months to where my parents are from and group up the Dominican Republic. I was much more excited to play this game 6-12 months ago, but that has died down while I am still excited I have told myself I am not droping everything to play this game like I once would have. I am going to enjoy going out with friends occasionally the few trips I have lined up from now until the summer, working out/playing basketball, and a nice slow methodical pace for D3 that I never got to enjoy with D2 because of the appeal of being rushed to lvl 80+ in the matter of a day.
    Quote from Yellr

Ok so now that we're a month away from the sweet nectar that is Diablo 3 i thought i would issue myself a personal challenge. I've gotten slightly out of shape and decided since I'm gonna be gaming even more when this comes out I'd go extreme (for myself anyway). I'm gonna be running 5 miles everyday (unless it rains or snows) to get myself in better shape. I've already ran 2 miles today and was wondering if anyone else would like to take up this challenge with me. Best of luck to those that do (i know I'll need it) and hopefully I'm not alone in this (my rl friends are lazy lol).

Edit: Wow awesome glad to see some other people are interested and will do this with me. Just wanted to throw a few things out there if you don't wanna run turn it into weight lifting. This was my personal challenge and create whatever will work for you, this is just a way for me to push myself. As for the rest i usually do that when i workout and i use to be in really good shape (getting older and kids will getcha out of shape though) so if i feel i need a rest I'll take it.

Also wanted to say i got my 5 miles today but not all at once did 3 than 2 tonight. Thnx again for the replies and good luck to anyone in their own challenge, if anyone wants to post it and see how they do ill put in on the first post with the challenge and results so everyone can see.

i have been doing that for a mounth now and also going to the gym ;)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes