Free diablo 3

On paper it seems to resolve the conflict of wow vs diablo; but that's not the case. You must absolutely ADORE wow for this a good idea.

Coming from someone who had canceled wow.. this is not true. It helps for the people that were not going to have wow active for d3.
    Last update.

After talking to a Blizz rep and GM I have gained the following information.

You had to have A ACTIVE WoW account prior to October 18 as of this moment in order to be able to go with the promotion.

On top of that they may have a sweeping thing to go through accounts to see if their eligible but ignore that if you havn't had an active account.

My account was in good standing according to rep but because of not being active until now not eligible. Even though;

F.A.Q;

My World of Warcraft subscription is lapsed or inactive. Can I reactivate my subscription to take advantage of this promotion?

Yes. You will be eligible to receive a free copy of Diablo III and the other benefits of this promotion if you meet the qualification criteria and once you reactivate your existing World of Warcraft account and agree to a 12-month subscription commitment.

I won't fight it... it may have saved me $150. Hope the rest of you have better luck than me.

It's weird...
    I feel diablo 3 has been degraded/ridiculed somehow. And I don't even have anything against WoW.

A brand new game free? One that has been worked on for like I-don't-know-how-many years used as a marketing tool for some MMO past its prime...

Anything for money I guess. :S

I feel the same way. It just doesn't seem right.

You kidding me? Its brilliant. Whether you want to admit it or not, the games are the same in most regards. So what better way to get people playing D3 than to offer WoW players a small discount on WoW Subscription? The more people who play D3, the more people who are using the AH, thus the more $$ Blizz makes.

I say small discount because many people will cancel a year subscription early, thus drastically increasing the actual cost per month.
    One is never hurt by being given additional choices, only by taking them away.
    A QUADRILLION MAGIC FIND is worthless if you can't kill shit!

Last update.

You had to have A ACTIVE WoW account prior to October 18 as of this moment in order to be able to go with the promotion.

On top of that they may have a sweeping thing to go through accounts to see if their eligible but ignore that if you havn't had an active account.

My account was in good standing according to rep but because of not being active until now not eligible. Even though;

F.A.Q;

My World of Warcraft subscription is lapsed or inactive. Can I reactivate my subscription to take advantage of this promotion?

Yes. You will be eligible to receive a free copy of Diablo III and the other benefits of this promotion if you meet the qualification criteria and once you reactivate your existing World of Warcraft account and agree to a 12-month subscription commitment.

I won't fight it... it may have saved me $150. Hope the rest of you have better luck than me.

That just said as long as it was active at some point before then your good, it even says yes your eligible.. you jsut need to get your account taken care of.

That just said as long as it was active at some point before then your good, it even says yes your eligible.. you jsut need to get your account taken care of.

I know. But I didn't want to fight the rep. I don't like bringing up points because he already said I'm not eligible so I'm beat lol.
    but but but... WOW sucks :(

Swedish Official Fansite www.Diablo3pvp.se

I think a lot of you guys need to take it less personal, in fact, it's not personal at all.
    Easy, Lucky, Free

I think a lot of you guys need to take it less personal, in fact, it's not personal at all.

The fact is they are creating hype with blizzcon and using the event as well as our beloved diablo to promote retarded wow. And our beloved :olddiablo: deserves better...

On paper it seems to resolve the conflict of wow vs diablo; but that's not the case. You must absolutely ADORE wow for this a good idea.

Coming from someone who had canceled wow.. this is not true. It helps for the people that were not going to have wow active for d3.

as mention in between the lines. Its not effective to have both games playing the same time. The more time you spend on WoW, the less time you spend on diablo (assuming the player have no life; even worse if you do). Your're also committed to buy the time for 1 year. Buying the expansion/ or expansions for people thats trying really want to play wow is just not cost effective. This is mere illusion. This is for wow players that want to play diablo 3 in the background. Not TRUE diablo fans.

It's weird...
    I feel diablo 3 has been degraded/ridiculed somehow. And I don't even have anything against WoW.

A brand new game free? One that has been worked on for like I-don't-know-how-many years used as a marketing tool for some MMO past its prime...

Anything for money I guess. :S

I feel the same way. It just doesn't seem right.

You kidding me? Its brilliant. Whether you want to admit it or not, the games are the same in most regards. So what better way to get people playing D3 than to offer WoW players a small discount on WoW Subscription? The more people who play D3, the more people who are using the AH, thus the more $$ Blizz makes.

I say small discount because many people will cancel a year subscription early, thus drastically increasing the actual cost per month.

I dont think anyone is arguing that its a very smart business move. The thing that some D3 Fans dont like is the "feeling" of this deal. It feels like they are using Diablo 3 to get some WoW Subs...

The fact is they are creating hype with blizzcon and using the event as well as our beloved diablo to promote retarded wow. And our beloved :olddiablo: deserves better...

Of course they will promote WoW at Blizzcon, it's their game. o.O A lot of people still love and play that game, and are excited to hear about it.
    It certainly feels like they're really sweating from that huge subscription loss earlier this year and are desperately trying to keep the fire burning for atleast untill their next mmo is ready.

Free D3, mount, and adding pokemon...meh :P it's certainly not bringing me back to wow
    I now feel that D3 is now the "Wait there's more" thing in those late not informatials selling some product and not the main product as it should be. This is just setting up a warning flag to stay away from this game. Before I am going to shell out money for this game I hope there is going to be a demo/starters edition.

Last update.

F.A.Q;

Fight it if the reason for you to get the subscription was to get D3 they should honor it if it is in the facts section.

I dont think anyone is arguing that its a very smart business move. The thing that some D3 Fans dont like is the "feeling" of this deal. It feels like they are using Diablo 3 to get some WoW Subs...

That is true...I do not particularly like mounts and pets being bought either, but they do it. All corps are in it for one thing, $$. Blizzard had a soul at one time, but activision devoured it long ago.

I think it promotes D3, more than it promotes WoW.
    I doubt they will get very many NEW subscribers for WoW due to this. They might get several people renew their account, but thats it.

And who has time to play D3 and WoW? The poor saps who probably renew their WoW accounts will likely just waste their money.
    One is never hurt by being given additional choices, only by taking them away.
    A QUADRILLION MAGIC FIND is worthless if you can't kill shit!
    Just so there isn't a post "They are trying to get me to be a WoW player" the day of launch here is a spoiler for you. D3 box will include:

30 day trial of WoW.
    Demo of sc2.

CE includes surprise! a wow pet.
    They aren't trying to gain new WoW players at all doing this, considering to take advantage of this deal you need to already have WoW on your bnet account before Oct 18, 2011.

Can I create a new World of Warcraft account to take advantage of this promotion?

To be eligible for this promotion you must have a World of Warcraft license in good standing on or before October 18, 2011. New World of Warcraft accounts created after October 18, 2011 are not eligible to for this promotion.

Ok from the World of Warcraft Annual Pass FAQ it says that if you buy Diablo 3 Collector's Edition you get 4 months of Wow subscription.You get also goodies from the collector's box plus wow pet for wow, dyes,banners,aesthetic lookings for diablo 3 and portraits for SC2.

I find this cheaper than to have been locked in wow for 1 year and pay 140-150$ or euros. The collector's edition will be priced 70-80$ i presume.And with the REAL AH of Diablo you can make some money to renew your subscription in wow.

Me i will stick at Diablo cause wow has gone kung fu pokemon panda style.
    Anticipation of Death is worse than Death Itself
    yea but if the games comming out early 2012 and I have to wait till October to get it free....thats not really worth it for me...
    www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    If you want to arrange it
    This world you can change it
    If we could somehow make this
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    And to know who needs help
    You need only just ask

Me i will stick at Diablo cause wow has gone kung fu pokemon panda style.

lol :D

yea but if the games comming out early 2012 and I have to wait till October to get it free....thats not really worth it for me...

What do you mean? You will get the game as soon as it comes out if you sign up for the year WoW pass thing.

Edit: Oh, do you think you need to wait until your year of WoW is over? That's not the case, as soon as you get locked into this year of WoW pass, which is like a contract to pay for WoW for a year, then Diablo will be on your account and it will be free. You will be able to download it as soon as it's released, you don't have to wait a year from now to get it. Hope this helps.
    I've read the FAQ and the info I'm after doesn't appear to be there, so I'll ask people's opinions:

I'm going to be renewing my WoW account for a while yet, and being locked into 12months doesn't bother me. Getting free digital D3 is awesome since I wanted a digital available on release day, and was going to get the CE as well.

The problem is that I wanted two copies to be separate so that my girlfriend can occasionally play if she enjoys it (which I doubt will be often) and when she's not playing, I could use the character slots I get for the second copy of the game for storage and helping myself out (like I have in D2 for years).

Unfortunately, if I use the 12month plan to get the free digital copy, won't the CE overwrite that? And as both will be tied to my account, I'm guessing it won't allow me to play logged in with the same account twice?

I think I'm answering my own questions, and if so, it kinda sucks that I can't transfer the free digital copy to my girlfriend's account when I upgrade to CE :(
    "It takes a man with real heart...to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep." - Clive Barker
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes