[Official] Release Date Speculation Thread

Quote from sbsgrinth

Quote from FreddyBenson

Quote from snowhammer

I just mean, I was under the immpression that they would announce as soon as they knew. With this:

"you'll know as soon as I'm allowed to say. And no, I'm not allowed to say when that is."

Seems like they do know, and are supposed to hold it for a bit for some reason. Aka panda tour

yep could be

they prob had a big meeting last month after the share holders meeting about when to announce it

after two hours of discussions mike prob just said

" say it after we talk about MoP, not before as we want to focus on MoP for a week"

p.s "do not tell anyone that the game will go live on april 29th"

if that is the case why is D3 taking the backseat to WoW. WoW is old news it has had its time in the sun. It's like having to wait for the bloated fat guy to go through the door before you can... I think they know that D3 will outshine MoP

Well, it's old news to you and me, but to the other 10 mill subs + it still isn't. Even though as we get older and realize (regretfully) the amount of time wasted on it, there's still more, younger kids just picking it up and having a blast. WoW is a very unique game in that Blizzard gets to decide when to kill it, as it will always have fans. As such, it makes sense to hype up some panda fans (as most people don't follow diablo on forums or websites, so it's just in the back of their minds) and then drop a date.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    how is putting a game that has been in development for 4 years behind a cut and paste revamp with a new shiny coat of wax that took only a year or so to develop, how is that equal? these has to be more to it then that.
    Quote from sbsgrinth

how is putting a game that has been in development for 4 years behind a cut and paste revamp with a new shiny coat of wax that took only a year or so to develop, how is that equal? these has to be more to it then that.

Well that shiny cut and paste IS their money. WE may love diablo a lot, but there's millions of MORE people that love WoW. And don't misread me, I'm not saying D3 isn't important. What I'm saying is that they see that D3 is / going to be very popular. If I was Blizzard and I anticipated huge ticker tape parades with diablo's announcement, I'd most defiantly do a press event with panda land, get everyone excited about it, THEN drop diablo. If they did it the other way around, panda land might get covered up =D
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    After reading Jay Wilson's tweet about the release date, I feel pissed. He clearly made it sound like he knew the date but just can't say when. If it comes the Monday after the WoW reveal, I will be very pissed.
    I don't always burn. But when I do, I use hellfire.
    Quote from Drkclone

If it comes the Monday after the WoW reveal, I will be very pissed.

no u wont. you'll be excited as shit that the game has a date
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Quote from Drkclone

Damn it! Stop contradicting me with facts! But yeah, I'll probably be excited when it comes. But I would also be mad if they delayed announcement just so that it didn't over shadow WoW. At least I get to learn more about pandas in less than a week!
    An announcemnt OF the Release date surely can't overshadow masses of information of the new WoW panda's surely. I mean its a release date, not the actual release people are still going to go "omg omg omg a realy fucking date for Diablo 3, coooolll, *log onto wow*"
    Quote from Drkclone

Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Quote from Drkclone

Damn it! Stop contradicting me with facts! But yeah, I'll probably be excited when it comes. But I would also be mad if they delayed announcement just so that it didn't over shadow WoW. At least I get to learn more about pandas in less than a week!

im actually VERY excited to learn about all the new monk class skills. cant wait till the WoW skill calc is updated with his stuff to look at.
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Quote from Drkclone

Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Quote from Drkclone

im actually VERY excited to learn about all the new monk class skills. cant wait till the WoW skill calc is updated with his stuff to look at.
    Same. I will make a Pandarian Monk named Po in MoP. Or try at least. But if Friday is a Fansite round table(Or whatever Bashiok called it.), do you think anyone will ask about release date?
    Quote from Frostbite5

Quote from AlaskanVeteran

would be fun, but seems extremely unlikely. They'll always want like a month for promotion. Not everybody pre-ordered like we did. Some people (kids and poor people) may still have to save before they can afford the game etc

We are the 1% :>
    Blizzard's old motto: When it's done.

Blizzard's new motto: When it's almost done.
    Guys, I just had this strange feeling when seeing this thread.

Like imagine you haven't visited this forum, ever, and you don't know anything about Diablo III. You're an intelligent alien life form or something. And then you see this thread and you learn that people have made 2285 posts speculating about when the release date for a game will be announced. Wouldn't that be weird? And more importantly, would this change your intentions to invade Earth?
    It would make me alter my strategy: Seeing the stress earthlings cause themselves over vague dates, I would announce my invasion to be coming "soon" until no resistance was left.
    "I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
    ~ Bertrand Russell ~
    British author, mathematician & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
    Quote from Siaynoq

Take it in a year or get it never.
    If I was a highly intelligent alien I would disguise myself as an enormously popular gaming development company and create games in which people could live another life in order to lull them into a slaughterable medium. Within this other life the earthlings could play as such things as people, blue people, blue people without proper dental care, green people, dead people, cow people (coincidental since I plan on slaughtering them like cattle), people with auricle disfigurement, and yes two different brands of short people. Because who doesn't love vertical challenges?

Anyways who is there to defend the species when they're all playing games?

To be on topic:
    Release date on Monday yippy!
    Quote from Siaynoq

Blizzard's conference call/blizzcon motto: Beta test is going really well so we are putting finishing touches to the game.
    Hi
    i were thinking about some stuff about release,
    How do i get the game before it goes online at night
    i mean i dont wanna run the chance about ordering the game and then it comes two days after?
    can you buy the game some days before it goes online or how does that work?

i think many got the same question
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    Quote from MeddlinG
    Quote from Siaynoq
    Blizzard's old motto: When it's done. Blizzard's new motto: When it's almost done.
    Blizzard's conference call/blizzcon motto: Beta test is going really well so we are putting finishing touches to the game.

Hahaha, that one we have heard a few times now. :-)
    Quote from Frandsen11

How do i get the game before it goes online at night

You will be able to buy and download it from your battle.net account. Install it and wait for midnight for servers to come online
    Quote from Frandsen11
    Hi i were thinking about some stuff about release, How do i get the game before it goes online at night i mean i dont wanna run the chance about ordering the game and then it comes two days after? can you buy the game some days before it goes online or how does that work? i think many got the same question _____________________________________________________________________________

It will be available to download on before hand if you buy it digitally via battle.net. Many retailers also have midnight open.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes