Witch Doctor Soloing Inferno Videos

Quote from Xago

Quote from yunaff102

Hey Xago, what sort of DPS did you have when you did Rakanoth? I'm at 32k and with zombie bears I couldn't even get him to 50% when he spawned the adds.

I think I had around 35k DPS. Make sure you have 5 stacks of soul harvest and the 20% more damage passive.

You have to get a bit lucky as well if your dps is low. I just beat him yesterday (with around 40k) and it took quite a few tries before I got him. If he targets you early it's game over.

I notice that you don't have a video for Azuel.. he isn't that hard, but it's a bit tricky with having to wait long enough to push him into his 2nd insta-kill flash freeze. I'm sure it would help people out that might not have thought about waiting for Spirit Vessel.

Thanks for the video on Diablo. I was having a heck of a time with him teleporting but after knowing the trick it was a simple fight. In fact, I think I only had 3 attempts after learning that trick before I beat him.
    Really appreciate the tips Xago. I also did not know the mechanic for the teleport. I thought it was distance based, but looking back I was kiting around the crystals in the middle. Perhaps I will work on Act 4 tonight. :)
    Quote from Myrx

Really appreciate the tips Xago. I also did not know the mechanic for the teleport. I thought it was distance based, but looking back I was kiting around the crystals in the middle. Perhaps I will work on Act 4 tonight. :)

It's a really easy (but long) fight once you learn to keep him from teleporting assuming that you have enough dps to kill the images in P2 (wasn't a problem for me). Use the hex +20% damage rune and the + damage rune on mass confusion too. They die so quickly then.
    Quote from Ruppgu

Quote from Myrx

It's a really easy (but long) fight once you learn to keep him from teleporting assuming that you have enough dps to kill the images in P2 (wasn't a problem for me). Use the hex +20% damage rune and the + damage rune on mass confusion too. They die so quickly then.

I have 62k damage, 25k hp, and 23% movement speed. However, I am only just past Iskatu in Act 4 meaning I have to make it past Rakanoth and Izual before I get to try this.
    Quote from Ruppgu

I notice that you don't have a video for Azuel.. he isn't that hard, but it's a bit tricky with having to wait long enough to push him into his 2nd insta-kill flash freeze. I'm sure it would help people out that might not have thought about waiting for Spirit Vessel.

Actually I have never done izual on inferno lol. I noticed there was no achievement for him so I guess he is not really considered a real boss like rakanoth. Maybe I'll do him someday
    Witch Doctor Inferno Soloing - Pre 1.0.3
    http://www.diablofan...inferno-videos/
    just solo thru act 4 within 5 hours w/ 22k hp 50k damage yesterday by following this guide! d3 is a joke!
    Nice job, man. Was wondering if you could provide some champion video guides. And I'm really curious what's your champs farm gear, do you use resists, a larger health pool etc. or just straight damage?
    And also is there any possibility I could add you on my list for some in game tips? Keep up the good work.

Wish me luck on inferno Diablo tonight :D
    Nice vids man, thanks a lot. I'll try your technique for Belial.
    Thanks man really helped me killing Inferno Diablo with my 42k DPS (11k HP lol) and 12% Movement speed WD
    Thanks, mate it really helped me a lot! :) Inferno Diablo is kinda annoying tho. I tried it about 15-20 times but never managed to get to Phase 3 regards to the charge skill and the shadow clone is sometimes buggy and although I hex him instantly he manages to cast a bear against me and I pretty much die from them If I don't have spirit vessel in Phase 2.
    Any ideas some one? :P
    I typically fear him as soon as he spawns, then throw out hex if necessary, and spirit walk away before it wears off. At the point where I can solo it with two in the party pretty reliably, so debating starting selling it :P
    Glass cannon much? I mean anything that looks at you the wrong way will send you on a straight trip to spirit land.

Can't say my build and approach is "that" much better since every piece of gear I'm using goes for a few million... but at least with the way I'm building my char I know that the minute act 3 numbers get tuned a little down, I'll be farming that easy, where as this glass cannon stuff will still bend over to anything with CC or very hard to avoid damage.
    Yea glass cannon is the fast and cheap way to progress as long as you are good at dodging. Once you get pretty rich you can buy gear with vitality on them without sacrificing your DPS too much.
    Quote from Xago

Yea glass cannon is the fast and cheap way to progress as long as you are good at dodging. Once you get pretty rich you can buy gear with vitality on them without sacrificing your DPS too much.

Plagued or vortex can send this build to it's knees with almost any combination of affixes.

I put my build and focus on heavy resist gear with some int and vit, the ones with low int and vit are fairly cheap. I use vision quest and mana regen gear to be able to spam high dps spells (my current two favorites are a mix of zombie bears and haunt, but I also like dire bats)

I prefer this approach since it gives a clear upgrade path, the reward is that I'm now soloing act 2 like it was act 1 inferno, and act 3 feels like a bit of a rougher act 2 once was and all the bosses are a joke (Azmodan is really easy actually)

I can't find myself liking this build since if they say nerf the damage and spikey stuff in act 3, this build will still have mostly the same problems. I don't feel like writting an in depth guide yet, because I feel vision quest doesn't quite feel right either.

I guess I'm just a bit annoyed that the first featured WD guide isn't useful at all to me, and I wouldn't stamp it with my approval.

Credentials: Witch doctor with Inferno diablo kill and that can solo 5 stack farm Azmodan.
    Quote from Xago

So I didn't see an inferno progression thread for witch doctor up on D3fans so I decided to fraps my solo kills for anybody who is having trouble progressing through inferno. I currently just killed Belial and I'll be posting more videos soon.

Just checked your bossfight videos and I must say that's pretty impressive. As far as I can tell every single one of those fights (except Rakanoth) is significantly harder for WD than it was for me (wizard). You also have pretty low DPS (at least I think it's low, not sure about WD stats), which also makes it all harder. Yet you manage to down those guys. That's admirable.

P.S. Now I can link something to my WD friend next time he starts bitching about "Inferno impossible for WDs". :)
    Thank you, helped alot on Belial. That dps boost + fetish army makes p2 a zinch (I have alot higher dps that you had, 42k i think, so he just melts), and p3 is just perfect with the positioning, just some tries to figure out the patterns.

Cheers
    Quote from Furycrab

Quote from Xago

Plagued or vortex can send this build to it's knees with almost any combination of affixes.

Those affixes are some of the easiest. Plagued just takes a bit longer than normal but with 5 stack soul harvest + zombie wall and grasp, they go down easy. Vortex is a joke with spirit walk and just keeping your distance in general. Zombie bears requires fairly close range which is why I dont like it.
    I'm trying to figure out how you "cleared" inferno with that gear. No offense, but its absolute junk (atleast compared to mine). It just goes to show how broken the game is when all u gotta do is stack attack speed, crit, and int/vit and u "clear" inferno. There's no chance you survive mortars with that gear. Prolly 1 shot in act 2.

I'm not trying to be a troll, but when I find this on the front page of diablofans, then I check your gear and its about a third as good as mine (im farming act 1 and 2 because i dont skip anything nor will i progress if i have to kite for 10 minutes just to kill one pack - thats called undergeared), it really bothers me.

Again, really not trolling, just stating my opinion has a 200+ hour WD that hasn't skipped or abused a single thing.

Edit: I have not stepped past the stinging winds in Act 2 inferno, because if you listened to blizzard, theres a proper way to play this game. I feel bad for people that are playing it glass cannon style, cuz you are really missing out. I've put in over 200 hours and I'm still have lots of game ahead of me (like blizz wanted). I also have lots of gear upgrads ahead of me (that dont consist of blue amulets just cuz they have int/AS - WHAT A JOKE!).

31,000 HP
    22,000 DPS (not including +7% dmg to elites and +7% poison dart dmg)
    600 Resist All
    100% MF (base, on top of all this stuff, not swapping or with NV)

I also have life steal on my weapon because no one in this game uses it but its amazingly good. LOH = Single target dps counter heals. Life steal = AOE dps counter heals. Use them both, and use them properly. They work wonders.

And to anyone who says my dps is SO LOW OMG LOL, sorry i dont use blue weapons. I also dont die, ever.
    Quote from Crosby8766

And to anyone who says my dps is SO LOW OMG LOL, sorry i dont use blue weapons. I also dont die, ever.

Just to set things straight - get your head out of your ass and face the reality. Everyone dies in inferno..

The glass cannon may not be the only viable build for inferno, but it sure as hell works.. i know becuase i am also currently playing a similar build. I dont see your gear as twice or thrice as good as the OPs, i have had much better stats than yours and still managed to get 1 hit by act 3 mobs, let alone elites. Trust me, that 600 resist aint gonna get you anywhere..

My Act 2 build was something like this..

Hp ~35k
    DPS ~35k
    Resist ~650
    MF ~200 (without valor)

The moment i hit act 3 with this, its absolutly worthless.. approx 1 death every 15 secs. I tried everything from bears to bats, but nothing works. Then i sat down and did the math, the only viable 'stand and fight' build for a WD would cost anywhere between 300 - 500 million gold worth of gear.

Not to discourage any WDs who dislike the kite build, but trust me when i say this, there is NO other viable build for act 3 as of today. Not unless you have enough gold to throw around on extremely fancy gear.

My current stats are -

HP - 7k
    DPS - 81k
    Resist ~ 100 (not sure, but a very small number)
    Crit Hit - 37%
    Crit Dmg - 215%

Just 1 rule of play, dont get hit.. It cost me ~30 mill to gear up and act 3 is still a little shaky but very very doable.
    I agree with chief. I did have defensive stats for A2 aswell (600 res, 40k hp, 20k dps or something along the line) along with jungle fortitude and some life on hit. It did work but as soon as I hit act 3 I got oneshot my the moloks and the "bigger" mobs... and pretty much every projectile except for the spearthrowers.
    Moloks hit for 40k, the resurrection guys hit for 20-25k with their firebolts, Mortars deal 20-30k damage each, electric deals 10-15k each, frost does like 30-40k with jungle fort and 500-600 resists. Atleast that's how my most likely biased subconcious tends to remember the start of act 3. Oh and I wasted more money on health potions than a "random stereotype" on "random drug".

At that point you have two choices
    Defensive equip with fire res/all res + vit + int for a half a million+ while still not even remotely being "good"
    or
    Offensive equip with int/crit/critchance/as depending on the part for 50-100k a piece and just not get hit.

Clearly the second build saves you a lot of time and money and I got Diablo inf down after 112 hours playtime or something. Sure you die a lot, but hell, everything melts away with cheap ass gear? How could I deny something like that.

Fact is, that you easily get around with a cheap offensive build. If you really want to go defensive you'll have to put incredible amounts of money into it to be able to "tank it", while for less than a million you can actually get some proper dps gear that can move you through a3 if you have the required skill to not catch every projectile and are ready to leave a few more champ groups out than usual.

Edit: If I had actually sunk 200+ hours into my WD I'd be running around with 120k dps instead of my current 60k. And really. Nothing except for reflect damage mobs matters anymore if you have 120k dps.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes