New Witch Doctor Skills and Runes

Quote from Mysticjbyrd

We do know, there are no rune items anymore, therefore there are no ranks.

Thats not what I was saying, I was talking about the visual aspect that was planned with the last iteration compared to now. Unless you work for Blizzard I doubt you know whether the visuals will increase with level now (as opposed to rank previously). But if you do, a link to a source would be appreciated.
    Quote from peekaydee

Quote from Mysticjbyrd

Thats not what I was saying, I was talking about the visual aspect that was planned with the last iteration compared to now. Unless you work for Blizzard I doubt you know whether the visuals will increase with level now (as opposed to rank previously). But if you do, a link to a source would be appreciated.

there was never any indication that the spells visual effects would increase with level. at least i never saw any posts from blizzard stating this. only that their power/dmg/duration would increase. the only visual effect in the game that increased with level was the weapon enchants, they became more visual on your weapon the higher the level.
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Quote from peekaydee

Quote from Mysticjbyrd

there was never any indication that the spells visual effects would increase with level. at least i never saw any posts from blizzard stating this. only that their power/dmg/duration would increase. the only visual effect in the game that increased with level was the weapon enchants, they became more visual on your weapon the higher the level.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there were blue posts or tweets speaking of how they wanted the effects to increase in "flair" the higher ranked they got. I don't have any links atm, but I'll try to find some tomorrow.

edit:
    This link is more vague-
    http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/world/systems/runestones.xml
    the part of note is:
    "the higher a runestone’s rank, the more dramatic its effect on the skill"

This link isn't "proof" but it supports what I originally thought-
    http://kotaku.com/5805621/diablo-iiis-skill transforming-runestone-system-in-action/gallery/1
    "Runestones come in different power ranks as well, with their special effects becoming more pronounced as the power level increases." - this article was written in '11

I'll try to find factual info I can give a link for tomorrow like I said before.
    Hi!

Whats up with groping eels dmg? Its go all low from 46% to a wooping 81% depening on MH and OH setup.
    Had a double handed something with did nice dmg 17, but my eels only then did 46%. Just killed SK again and got a 16.4 magic dagger and equipped my old oh mojodojo stuff and now the eels do 81. The old calculator on d3 site shows that the eels can do 104% is it still possible to achive this?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=apfd03&s=5
    Quote from Discopolice

Hi!

Whats up with groping eels dmg? Its go all low from 46% to a wooping 81% depening on MH and OH setup.
    Had a double handed something with did nice dmg 17, but my eels only then did 46%. Just killed SK again and got a 16.4 magic dagger and equipped my old oh mojodojo stuff and now the eels do 81. The old calculator on d3 site shows that the eels can do 104% is it still possible to achive this?

http://tinypic.com/v...?pic=apfd03&s=5

it does more with a one handed weapon because your wpn has lower dmg but is quicker. and the skill calc hasnt been updated with the new changes yet
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Quote from Discopolice

Hi!

http://tinypic.com/v...?pic=apfd03&s=5

it does more with a one handed weapon because your wpn has lower dmg but is quicker. and the skill calc hasnt been updated with the new changes yet

So the speed on the dagger makes the skill 40% stronger from the 2h that I used that was .6 more dmg? Sounds shitty to me using fast weapons just to make eels better, u want high weapon dmg to do more dmg with your skill no?
    loved the jumping corpse spiders,well cool,def be unleashing those babies thats for sure!
    Quote from andy23wdoctor

loved the jumping corpse spiders,well cool,def be unleashing those babies thats for sure!

Was having the WD on a 4th place of all the 5 classes in the game as of playing through. Since I've got a hold on the beta its currently ranked nr 1 with barb and wiz falling behind shortly. And the monk, aint even gonna touch that piece of sh*t
    Nice work, good information to consider for people who are not in the beta and looking into build ideas.

Cheers!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes