is a skorn viable for monks?

hey all - i never much played the monk, in fact its been one of my least favorite characters in the game. i found a skorn that bumps up her damage quite a bit, and have been finding the playstyle to be more enjoyable after being able to kill stuff rather quickly. is a skorn viable for a monk though? or should i be looking to upgrade the gear on her?
    NA servers - add me if ya want - ysoserious#1178.
    I use a skorn on my monk quite successfully. It is very good for my 150k tempest rush build, as you use less spirit.

A very similiar thing happened to me; A 1300 dps 530 dex / 140 vit / 199% crit skorn dropped for me so I decided to use my monk. I have no regrets, a well rolled skorn is fantastic.
    Yeah skorn is really nice for monk if you make a build that really benefits from it.
    follow up - what build benefits from it? would the standard build work?

i've been using the basic cookie cutter one - without tempest rush. i like the SSS thing. is there anything i should replace due to my low attack speed?

suggestions?
    In general, you want high Weapon damage % attacks like SSS. Tempest rush mobility is best for 2h builds as the spirit spent per second is equal to the attacks per second of your weapon. I don't personally use SSS but it can be quite good.

In my opinion, a tempest rush build with a 2her is the fastest farming method. 34% movement speed + tailwind speed and you can zoom between packs faster than a barbarian.
    Quote from Taisto

Yeah skorn is really nice for monk if you make a build that really benefits from it.
    yep, need a good atk spd.
    Quote from morisit

Quote from Taisto

yep, need a good atk spd.

NO not if you want to play with tempest rush. Then you should avoid atk speed. And yeah sss is really good at getting rid of elite packs.
    i dont like using the tempest run skill. i'm thinking of getting a new weapon for my monk without losing too much DPS. my current skorn stats are:
    1276 dps; 1.0 attacks per second
    299 dex
    1818 life after kill
    crit damage +146%
    open socket

i have 12 mill to spend. any suggestions?
    Skorn and any 2H are viable with 2 handed builds. Off the top of my head bells,TR, SSS, maybe even exploding palm benefit from the high weapon damage.

http://d3up.com/guide/30/wave-of-death-how-to-kick-bells-and-look-good-while-doing-it-updated-10-30-12

But the standard build is thunderclap cyclone. Thunderclap has more teleports and stuns with attack speed. Cyclone spawns based on your crits per second. Life on hit and hellfire procs also desire attack speed.

I assume a basic setup is one dex/vit/crit damage echoing fury, one dex/vit socket lifesteal or high LoH weapon, LoH on amulet.

2pc inna's helm and pants, 12% ms boots.
    You need a large amount of IAS to use 2handers
    short story is: by far the most people play 2x1hand, because they dont really like "slow attacking" 2hands.
    but some people reeeally love it for the said reasons. it's your choice :) i like the fast paced 1h-builds
    Quote from Bananaramaaah

short story is: by far the most people play 2x1hand, because they dont really like "slow attacking" 2hands.
    but some people reeeally love it for the said reasons. it's your choice :) i like the fast paced 1h-builds

Exactly ! I found a really nice Skorn (dex, 1300 dps, 190 crit dmg, 900 LoH) and decided to try it with my classic build, I killed 2 packs and then I couldn't stand how slow it was. Maybe it works great with other builds, but I like the regular gameplay, so I kept my old weapons !
    Just found this beauty. Taking offers.

Skorn:
    DPS - 1410
    Dex - 338
    LIFE STEAL - 6%
    CD - 189%
    Open Socket

msg me in game if you have the gold malleus#1681
    To all the people saying you need alot of ias to use skorn. You are wrong.

Tempest Rush build: Skorn is used. And you want to have as little attack speed on your gear as posible.
    Standard FoT build: Dual wielding is a better option.

All the million home made shit builds: Do not care about em, as they are worse than the 2 builds above. Worse = borring.
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Quote from Black_Mamba10

Skorn:
    DPS - 1410
    Dex - 338
    LIFE STEAL - 6%
    CD - 189%
    Open Socket

Don't do offers. But let me know the price and ill either accept or ignore it : p
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    Quote from Huminator

Quote from Black_Mamba10

Skorn:
    DPS - 1410
    Dex - 338
    LIFE STEAL - 6%
    CD - 189%
    Open Socket

Don't do offers. But let me know the price and ill either accept or ignore it : p

500million because of the perfect life steal.
    Quote from Huminator

Tempest Rush build: Skorn is used. And you want to have as little attack speed on your gear as posible.

All the million home made shit builds: Do not care about em, as they are worse than the 2 builds above. Worse = borring.

Every single one of your posts is another gem.

Keep 'em coming.
    Quote from maka

Quote from Huminator

Every single one of your posts is another gem.

Keep 'em coming.

Its is 100% correct. Whatever you like it or not.
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    1st paragraph: true.
    2nd paragraph: true.
    3rd paragraph: gem.
    It really depends on your playstyle. They can be useful however, especially in a Tempest Rush build since you have more spirit regen with a slower 2-hander.

If you do not like slow attacks, or use a lot of Life on Hit, then it would not be as viable as using two 1-handers.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes