low dps 2 socket Manti or 1 socket high dps xbow?

I've been wondering about this for a while now and I haven't found an answer. Here's my profile. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kaji-1363/hero/24000515

Something like a less than 1k dps 2 socket better than what I have now?
    I recommend using a spreadsheet to determine if it will be an upgrade or not. However, you have pretty high crit chance but low crit damage, if I were you, I would save up your gold for a decent 2 socket manticore (between 1k-1.1k DPS perhaps?), it will increase your crit hit damage by up to 200%, which is a lot.

Also your rings are missing crit stats, could be worth looking into that.
    Well the hellfire ring is just there for when I paragon exp farm. My other ring while not very good has 145dex 4 crit 31% dmg. Saving up for a crit nats ring as well.

Do you have a link to a spreadsheet?
    I had it bookmarked for when I used to play DH, however it is lost now somewhere in the depths of firefox data cache. I could search the forums here for you, but I think you'd be able to do the same right?

EDIT: http://www.d3up.com is actually quite good, it allows to import your character from b.Net, if you register it allows you to compare items when you change them. Also it has tons of useful statistics (like percentage representation of DPS or EHP gain per item, to spot weak items quickly or how perfectly rolled the item is), also it looks good too.
    Yeah, I'll look over the forums. Thanks

I've been wondering about this for a while now and I haven't found an answer. Here's my profile. http://us.battle.net...3/hero/24000515

Something like a less than 1k dps 2 socket better than what I have now?

Just load your profile from armory and plug in the stats of an 1k dps, 2 socket manti.
    http://theasiangamer.com/diablo-iii-browser-based-damagegear-comparison-calculator/
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.

Yeah, I'll look over the forums. Thanks

I've edited my post for a link to one of the profile managers. It looks promising... so check it out! (I think it looks better then a boring spreadsheet).
    as u carry an innas belt it will most certainly be a big downgrade as your xbow is pure physical while all manticores have +poison. u will be surprised how much dps your %holy dmg on the belt supply right now.

as u carry an innas belt it will most certainly be a big downgrade as your xbow is pure physical while all manticores have +poison. u will be surprised how much dps your %holy dmg on the belt supply right now.

I wanted to post about this but Flexxi did it before me. Im not a great fan of low DPS-dual-socket Manticores unless it is a significant upgrade in total DPS it might not be worthwhile.
    Added % elemental damage works off the physical weapon damage, therefore, Manticore with its large poison damage will be significantly penalized in the calculation. It also has IAS, therefore, its total min & max damage are very poor compared to rare Hellion crossbows, therefore, you will hit significantly less with each shot but compensate by faster attack speed. This is also something to consider as you want to maximize your damage-to-shot ratio in my eyes.

Spreadsheet is the only sure way to find out if you will gain DPS by switching to Manticore. Dretar's spreadsheet, you can find the post with it on these forums, is very good but bit complex and time consuming to fill all the data. D3up.com is a good web-based alternative with character profile import and comparison feature.
    He's actually right.
    Changing into a 990 DPS/ 81 DEX/97% CHD/ 2 SOC manticore (was 8.5M on AH) is a 5.6k DPS loss
    You need to go into the 1150 DPS range with at least 195 DEX to beat your current X-Bow.
    Just go to d3up.com and put in whatever stats you want into the "simulate gear" part. There you can compare any items you have or want to check out before buying.

That site has saved me billions :P

Edit: just remember to have your battle.net profile represent your best gear (not your xp farm gear etc) since it will use your profile as a base.
    Like others already said, dont get that 2 socket option fool you. You need a good base dps in order to consider it an upgrade.. given your current dps, I wouldnt consider buying anything that doesnt add at least 6-7k dps.
    Not here to talk numbers, I wanted to bring up what I think is a more important matter......

I bought a nice new sexy 2-socket manticore for my Dh (roughly 100 hrs played) and sold it back to the AH the same day.

The difference the attacks per second make cannot be overlooked. Especially on a hunter who thrive on mobility. Even if I was gaining DPS, I dont think I will ever use a Xbow. It makes all your casts so much slower, which also reduce your procs of LOH etc. I got tunnel vision on my Character DPS sheet, and basically gimped my hunter. There are some specs that slow attack speeds work for, but most are really hurt by slow attacks.

I switched to a regular bow with some attack speed (1.53 APS or so) and even that felt so much better than the manti. If you are using HXbows, you will feel the sting even worse.

Again, not saying statwise or theorycraft wise Manticore is bad, just saying I pesonally hated the slow speed, and it got me killed many times from getting stuck casting, or not being able to get off a spell as fast as I should, which could have saved me.
    I thought that having the inna's belt worked in conjunction with the elemental damage now? They didn't fix that problem? It's not that big of a deal though, the inna's I use could be replaced pretty easily.

I thought that having the inna's belt worked in conjunction with the elemental damage now? They didn't fix that problem? It's not that big of a deal though, the inna's I use could be replaced pretty easily.

no it works like this: if your weapon has an average of 1000dps and is pure physical damage innas will upgrade it to 1080dps. If your weapon has an average of 1000dps but half of its min max dmg comes from elemental innas will boost it to only 1040 dps. it always only boosts the raw physical part. also dont think you could replace innas that easily without significant dps losses as u also would lose 130 dex from the bonus. i have pretty much the same problem as i cant really upgrade anything atm. i sit at around 180k archery damage and my innas belt alone makes up for 35k dps right now. therefore ive been trying to search for witching hours but even ~70 dex 9ats 48 cd ones would have been a downgrade for me. same with manticores everything <1200dps 170 dex 2 sockets is almost no gain for me or a downgrade so replacing innas is actually not that easy :D
    So the way to go is to either use Inna's set with a 1 socket Hellion or use a 2 socket Manti with no Innas?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes