Hello everyone. I recently started my own DH after being tired of the monotony of wizard's builds. Please only post if you are in inferno act 2 or further in!
As a wiz, stat priorities were movement speed, attack speed, vitality, intelligence. In that order.
1. Now I'm sure for DH it would be attack speed, dexternity and vitality. However, I'm not if DH needs to max movement speed. What is the consensus on movement speed?
2. Being that dexternity also increases dodge chance, is a pure dexternity build (I've seen DH with very little hp in inferno) viable?
3. Builds: I've played with many DH in inferno and I know some of the stuff that works. Smoke screen and vault seem to be paramount. What do you guys use use for builds for champion packs?
4. Any other tips would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance DHs
Private Mod Note
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
StarCraft Legacy - Content Staff Hey guys I want you all to know that my team is playing/did great this weekend so I am going to go ahead and make it my status because I know you all care and want to know my opinion on it.
1. Movement speed is excellent and never hurts, but isn't necessary
2. I personally disagree with glass cannon builds, but it works for some people. I guess it really depends on your sanity :). If you can take running around and some tiny frog leaping from off your screen to kill you, then glass cannon will work for you. The general concensus is basically "Don't get hit." It's kind of dumb and blunt to put it that way, but with no real damage mitigation other than smoke screen native to our class, it's sad but true.
3. For champion packs it's all about how good at kiting you are, avoiding damage, and using your discipline effectively and efficiently. Preparation is also required in my personal opinion.
4. What appears to have been the most successful for people is stacking Crit damage and using sharpshooter as a passive to burst things down, with a green gem in your weapon. I've read using sharpshooter is a straight DPS increase, but I have yet to see math on it, but I'll trust the community's opinion.
I absolutely love movement speed, and will never get a pair of boots without at least 10%. That tiny boost gives you just enough to outrun mortars should your reaction be a fraction too slow to start running immediately after cast~
I stacked Crit Damage till I am now about 250-270%, now stacking a bit more Crit Chance so I can do away with SharpShooter and take Tactical Advantage instead. Up to about 27-29% Crit Chance unbuffed now.
Sharpshooter is great but once you get enough crit chance it isnt as viable as Tactical Advantage or Night Stalker I believe it is? (regen discipline on crits). Enough being roughly 30%+
For companion I use the Bat rune for hatred regen and if im just farming I go for ferret.
And as stated its pretty much "Don't get hit." because even if you drop dps and exchange it with survival stats you are looking at 2-5 shots (pending how insanely overboard you go, usually 2-3 shots). The only two classes that get enough survival to "Stand and Deliver" as it were would be Monk and Barb and they run into huge walls that seem nearly impossible to get over just as often as glasscannons.
Currently im stuck on Belial, tried him and died a lot...maybe im just a bit undergeared or suck at dodging to much to play a glasscannon but I have higher dps than some reported DH solo kills, so who knows. Maybe tomorrow?