Ww Barb Still Op After 1.0.5 Patch Yes or No?

The broken thing about Double Tornado right now is that you can use a crap DPS offhand as a stat stick. Using a 2her sacrifices that.
    My god people just want to whine and complain. Overpowered? No I say its stronger. Look I am no WW barb, and I can prove this but just because a lot of people use a certain cookie cutter build and loves to twirl and whirl doesn't mean you should nerf it. I wish Wizards CM spec and Monks stuff didn't get nerfed because now some of them feel the need to scream OP, nerf it to the ground or just people who cannot simply achieve being as good as another.

Whats even more disgusting is the fact its PvE. If this was PvP there's different scenarios but, right now this game is about killing monsters.Buff the other classes to our level. Don't nerf something unless its going to create more pros then cons. We saw what happened to other games when people cried nerf and overpowered..

Oh and by the way creator of this video, I respect you for making videos and your content you offer show and entertain. Please though refrain from going overboard on MP7 which is like MP5 now and telling people " we are still overpowered lawl" you're better then that man.
    All classes could do these sort of things.

If you really think Barb is OP, then roll one lol.
    http://eu.battle.net...2637/hero/42756
    Look for good players for MP7 or higher 12 x ubers runs, 3 machines each, 4 players per 4 x games.
    Why do you think anyone here is crying? Most are playing a sprint/whirlwind barb themselves... Saying it's overpowered is simply stating an obvious fact (at least obvious to anyone who has a clue about this game). It doesn't matter if it's "just PvE" (especially when there's an RMAH and it's a Blizzard game that needs to live up to Blizzard standards, which it currently doesn't do well at all).

Should they nerf it? Probably, otherwise nobody in his right mind would play any other build, missing a lot of the potential fun that this game could have had. And don't go telling me "but you can play those builds". Even Blizzard agree that you should have fun while trying to be effective, and not limit your effectiveness in order to have fun, and there's a reason both me and Blizzard think that way. As to why they haven't actually implemented this way of thinking into the actual game I don't know. Maybe Jay and Wyatt just shouldn't have had their jobs. Maybe it's something else. But bottom line is anyone with his head on his shoulders agrees that if everyone who care about being effective use the same build then there's a problem.
    This build is probably better in 1.05 in my opinion, however I can already see them looking at people using overpower crushing advance and going uh oh. 1.05 made it so you couldn't plow through inferno with 1 mil of gear for a ww spec. I'd say now you have a bit more of a challenge and its certainly a bit more gear dependent. Every class has their own spec that certainly trumps all others for certain aspects, and that will never change, each class does seem to have about 3-4 good viable builds and I'd like them to expand on that. I imagine once PVP comes about you'll see a whole new slew of builds.
    I can do the same with my wiz. Big deal...
    Stop asking for nerfs. Ask for buffs instead.
    Quote from Banorac

Stop asking for nerfs. Ask for buffs instead.

Good idea. Give all characters +40% movement speed and remove sprint. Buff monster movement speed by 40% as well as they'd need that buff to compensate so they can't be so easily kited. That sort of solves the problem. Of course, if you don't like that, the only way is to nerf sprint itself.

Movement speed is just too important, especially due to how effective and easy running MP0-1 is.
    It certainly is still an excellent buil and can efficiently farm high mp lvls in good time
    al depends on player skill
    Quote from laverins

al depends on player skill

lil late to the party there slim.
    only thing that bothers me is the 25% movement speed cap.. LOL i remember doing 106 or smtng on my barb in d2
    I play a ww barb and i often play with my friends. They play a monk and a DH.. and i cant say im op in any way. They can keep up in movement speed easily, they kill stuff as fast as i do or even faster.. atleast the DH. So i dont really see a problem. I have also been playing together with a CM wizz and cant say that im op anyway compared to that. Only class that feels slow is the WD. If u think sprint should be nerfed, then also Tempest Rush and Vault and should be nerfed.. and also the passive that gives DH more movement speed after using Vault. Sooo... should they also nerf all movement speed gear. Hmm.. what else? Monk & DH can do act3 runs as fast as the barb.. maybe not at high mp but they can farm xp and gear as effective as the barb. So cmon people..stop whining please! ;)

Peace!

-Babu
    It's pretty bad situation where everyone want to move as fast as possible because monsters are so easy and increasing their power is counter-productive as you don't gain enough of a bonus.

However, the barb's fast movement ability is still the best one, even if the difference is minimized by reducing gear requirements so that tempest rush monks and vault demon hunters can sort of compete (but not really because monks need crazy gear to not run out of spirit and still kill fast, and don't actually kill so fast as they have to stop in order to attack, and DHs need pretty good gear to survive while vaulting everywhere, 4pc legacy natalya for discipline and still have to stop to attack). Running through everything at +40% movement speed and watching everything die behind you (or not watching it) is still better than everything else. Plus the overall survivability and damage dealing ability of the build is at least as good as other builds (if you build it right and take advantages of sprint dual wielding mechanics to get very strong tornado ticks for cheap), making it an overall clear winner.

Short version: Barb is faster, and the less gear both you and the other classes have, the more apparent the difference is.
    Quote from GalZohar

It's pretty bad situation where everyone want to move as fast as possible because monsters are so easy and increasing their power is counter-productive as you don't gain enough of a bonus.

However, the barb's fast movement ability is still the best one, even if the difference is minimized by reducing gear requirements so that tempest rush monks and vault demon hunters can sort of compete (but not really because monks need crazy gear to not run out of spirit and still kill fast, and don't actually kill so fast as they have to stop in order to attack, and DHs need pretty good gear to survive while vaulting everywhere, 4pc legacy natalya for discipline and still have to stop to attack). Running through everything at +40% movement speed and watching everything die behind you (or not watching it) is still better than everything else. Plus the overall survivability and damage dealing ability of the build is at least as good as other builds (if you build it right and take advantages of sprint dual wielding mechanics to get very strong tornado ticks for cheap), making it an overall clear winner.

Short version: Barb is faster, and the less gear both you and the other classes have, the more apparent the difference is.

Monks do not need crazy gear to not run out, spent about 50m on my starting set on monk and could hhold TR all day w/o running out of spirit. Also if your farming you dont need high mp levels, you can average a legendary every 15 min out of MP0 if your doing it right.
    A barb is a barb, a monk is a monk.

There.
    I really like my WW barb, but I also loved my Rend/Revenge barb, and my Monk was also great. The Wizard was definately the most boring one, yet, the strongest until I got some much better gear for my barb. My DH was a lot of fun, but I stopped leveling him because I thought I would focus on one char for now, which turned out to be my barb, and only because I found him some really great gear.

So stop all this subjective crap, just accept that some builds are more versatile than others. It's always been like this.

More people play barb > More people sell barb gear on AH > Etc.
    My hopes here are that ww barb doesnt get nerfed. I agree he is boss right now, but dont fix it by nix'n it. buff other shit and leave it alone.
    Quote from Nodnarb

My hopes here are that ww barb doesnt get nerfed. I agree he is boss right now, but dont fix it by nix'n it. buff other shit and leave it alone.

Blizz has said multiple times that they would rather buff than nerf, but they do the opposite.
    Quote from Adhal

Monks do not need crazy gear to not run out, spent about 50m on my starting set on monk and could hhold TR all day w/o running out of spirit. Also if your farming you dont need high mp levels, you can average a legendary every 15 min out of MP0 if your doing it right.

How much time do you spend on actually killing things, though? If you take more than ~3 seconds to kill an elite pack, for example, you aren't being fast. If the AOE of your thunderclap doesn't kill just about anything in 1-2 hits, you also aren't being very fast. To get the gear that would actually let you compete in speed with a barb will be very expensive, even though you can farm at an OK speed without too big of an investment (simply due to 1.0.5 nerfs).
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes