Gear Upgrade for Act 3

I am trying to get past my way in the barracks in the breaced keep quest in act 3 but even normal mobs like soul rippers and cleavers(the skeletons with heavy 2h axe) eat me alive not to mention elite/champion packs with ridicilous affixes. So it seems either my gear is insufficient and/or i need to change my perspective to gameplay. Would like any suggestions and recommendations, thanks.

Here is my gear and spec:
    In terms of equipment you should try to get more armor / hp / phys res (amulet alone can get you about 10k hp, same with shoulders / shield), you can easily drop some dps (in case you didnt equip your enchantress yet, do it, you can get her to 4k+ dps without spending a lot of money). And in terms of build, try using furious charge with dreadnought, helps a lot with keeping your hp up. Also only tank cleavers while your leap buff is up, otherwise they just kill you (annoying, I know, but there really is no other way).

Thats my stats, I just got owned about 30 times in Keep Depths Lvl 2. I considered buying Items with "Melee Dmg Reduction" but I'm not too sure if this will help.
    Strength and vitality both seem a bit low should be possible to get them into the 1100-1200 range and try to get a few pieces with resist all + physical resist, replacing those 2 blues would help i recon. Melee dmg reduction isn't needed just a tad more armor/hp/physical resist will help you out, but if you get a good piece with melee reduction just take it can't hurt :)

These are my current items / stats (yes i got pretty lucky with some of these / paid a lot of money for others). This is just to give you an idea, you don't NEED these stats to succeed in A3, i have done it with less (you might have to do more kitng though). And even I could easily get 30k+ additional hp just by getting a better helm / belt / shield.

Before you get any ideas, the Justice Lantern is not needed, high block% sure helps, but is not mandatory, personally i would rather have a ring with life% / AR / Vit / Str.
    just replaced my legs and gloves and sacrificed a bit dps but managed get resistances, vitality and a bit armor my next goal will be a shield i guess. Yours is quite amazing
    Happy if I was able to help, if you (or anyone else for that matter) have any questions that were not already answered in this or other threads you can always pm me.
    Try using this spec: http://us.battle.net...XVkS!Veb!aZaccc

That spec seems to work really well for me in act 3, give it a try! I started using seismic slam in act 2, and it suddenly became so much easier

I just cleared the ballistae part with it with just 4 deaths, 2 of which were really early on untill i realized i had to avoid some of the nasty stuff.

My gear: 697 resi with war cry, 40k health and 8.5k dps
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes