Hardcore mode is not a difficulty but a different mode that still plays through the difficulties and it meant as a challenge to players.
- Hardcore characters can not be played after dying once in the game.
- In Diablo III, when a hardcore character dies, it DOES lose all its gear.
- Hardcore mode is unlocked when a softcore character reaches level 10.
- Blizzard will never add a way to resurrect hardcore characters.
- The Hall of Heroes will be available to look at previously killed character stats.
- Players are able to keep up to ten dead characters in the Hall of Heroes.
- There is no difference in game play from normal and hardcore mode.
- The RMAH is not available for Hardcore characters, they do have access to the gold AH tho.
- Shared stash will not be shared between softcore and hardcore characters on the same account.
- Artisan progress will also not be shared between softcore and hardcore characters.