IMPORTANT: Shard of Hate Hotfixes Now Live
Vizizu's XP Farming Guide: No Good Gear Needed
Vizizu shared an Experience farming method he discovered, but which he expects to be nerfed soon, so take advantage of it while you can. Make sure to check the topic out as well, because he listed the steps required in case you're not in a mood for a video.
Blizzard's Builds Initiative: Theorycraft Thursdays
Blizzard decided to embrace the builds sharing and is looking for players confident in their hero's skill set and willing to share it with the rest of the player base. Check the full post for more information, but don't forget our forums have tons of builds shared already.
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
In your adventures across Westmarch and beyond, you've undoubtedly come across different items, affixes, environments, mechanics, and even anecdotes from other players that have influenced or outright changed the way you play the game (or at least tempted you to try something you never before considered). All these variables can shape and help define your hero's individual playstyle, also known as its build.
There are so many different ways to a build a hero in Diablo III. But what build are you using right now? How did you create it? And why do you like it so much? That's exactly what we intend to explore in our new weekly segment, Theorycraft Thursday!
What's Theorycraft Thursday?
Every Thursday starting May 1, we'll highlight a new build created by you, our community. We'll showcase the skills and passives you're using, the items that may have had an effect on your choices, how this build has shaped your gameplay experience, and of course: why you love it. If selected, your build will appear on the front page (right here!) of diablo3.com, giving other players the opportunity to discuss, debate, and ask you questions about it.
The fun doesn't stop there, though. Every four weeks, we'll throw up a poll and have the community vote on their favorite featured builds from the past month. The player whose build nets the most votes will have an opportunity to join a few Blizzard employees in-game and showcase their build LIVE on our official Diablo Twitch.tv channel!
How to Participate:
Interested? Awesome! To participate, just send an e-mail to [email protected] with the following information:
- The name, if any, of your build. (If you don't have one, I am not completely responsible for the lame pun your build may wind up being associated with.)
- The mode in which you use this build. (Normal, Hardcore, or dare I say… Seasons?) Feel free to mention what difficulty you play on too!
- Which skills, runes, and passives you use. A link to your build using the Skill Calculator would also be appreciated.
- A screenshot of and/or a link to your character profile. (If you only submit a link to your character profile but not a screenshot, please do not change your skills until you’ve received a confirmation e-mail that we’ve received your submission.)
- The names of any items or Legendaries that help this build flourish. If it doesn't focus on a build-changing Legendary, that's cool too – just let us know!
- What this build does best. Do you use this build primarily for doing Bounties? Or do you use it for playing Campaign Mode? Whether you’re taking on Infernal Machines or doing a bit of everything, be sure to specify!
- What makes this build AWESOME. Does it showcase big crits, or is it great at clearing large packs? Maybe it’s super mobile, or features supreme survivability?
- Two to three screenshots of your build in action!
We're eager to see the creativity of our community, and we're even more excited about getting the chance to hang out and play alongside you. So get your submissions in and we'll see you May 1!
Boxsalesman's Starter Pet Witch Doctor Build
Yet another contribution that's aimed at heroes who don't have fabulous Legendaries yet! Boxsalesman's starter pet WD build uses a mix of physical and fire damage which leaves the player with a few more gearing options. As usual, you can see the build in action in the video below.