Official Blizzard Quote:
Diablo: Gamescom is tomorrow, and a new feature reveal for Diablo III is a mere hours away.
A quick note on what was revealed and talked about at gamesom. I will continue adding to this list if and when more information is learned.
- New crafting system
- Specializing Artisans at top level. However, going down one specialization path will not eliminate any other specialization path.
- New inventory layout
- Hardcore mode officially confirmed
- Town Portals officially gone
- No more instability for the wizard. Her resource system is now called "Arcane Power". Set amount (can't increase max) but regens very quickly.
- Monk's energy source is called "Spirit". Combo moves generate spirit which is used for non-combo moves.
- Gems will be very similar to the gems in D2
- Six different equipment slots can be socketed and it does not matter the quality of the item.
- Talisman is still in the game and will be revealed "soon"
- Armor dyes are officially in the game. There are about 15 different colors.
- Automatching system to find similar players at the same level doing the same quests.
- There will be no grinding achievements like kill 1,000,000 of this monster
- Jay Wilson thinks that one expansion will probably not be enough and they will make more content as long as they still have something to tell.
- Leah is Deckard Cain's adopted daughter who will act on Cain's behalf on a lot of occasions.
- Tyreal is a very big focus for Diablo III
- Would not comment about fighting Heaven...
- There are 4 acts in the game.
- Scroll of wealth allows players to sell items without going to town.
- Waypoints are a mximum of 10mins of gameplay away from each other.
Part 1: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=fV3S5XFyJi8
Part 2: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dW1y6ZCi7bM
Part 3: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vsiF9IApBdM
inDiablo.de interview with Jay Wilson.
Gamespot interview with Jay Wilson:
Gamona interview with Jay Wilson:
PCGames.de Interview (in German)
Special thanks to Pixartist, Doomscream, Yumaro, Gyrextt and Robbuke for find this information and sharing it with us.