Progression: A2 Hell
Progression: A1 Hell
I got to A1 Hell and decided I wanted another 60 around before trying to get to a2. I am glad I did too, I love the barb.
- 6/6/2012 9:38:11 AM Posted in: Hardcore Discussion
5/31/2012 10:39:58 AM
Currently I am a 56 DH farming hell a1.Posted in: Hardcore Discussion
Skill tips: IMO, there are three must-haves for skills
1. Smoke Screen (preferrably with extended duration rune)
2. Caltrops. DH is all about kiting. I like the 2sec snare rune until NM, then its the 80% slow rune for me
3. Preparation. You will almost never use this at lower lvls if you play like I do (NEVER use your getaway skills for fast lazy travel, so you have them available when you need it) but you WILL eventually use it, and it WILL give you that extra discipline to save your ass. Also, once you unlock the heal rune for it, it is absolutely essential.
Some other nice skills are Bola shot with the added aoe rune, and rapid fire with the low cost rune. I think that is the attack skill setup I used most while lvling. elemental arrow with the slow moving lightning ball is also fairly nice.
Beware, the scariest areas for me as a DH have been a4..... The first two bosses (of a4) were scary as hell in NM, Iskatu and the Rakanoth. When it comes to any boss fights in nm and on, I always go to normal mode and practice escape and evasion tactics on bosses before actually attempting them in nm/hell. This has been HUGE for survivability.
Hope this info helps up-and-coming HC DH's
And, of course, this is all just my opinion based on what I have experienced so far.
EDIT: I forgot to mention I used a 2her with a quiver until NM, then switched to a 1her with a shield.
EDIT 2: A link to my current skill setup (only requires lvl 39): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WSXVYd!aVe!abZbaZ
5/31/2012 10:20:42 AM
Posted in: Hardcore DiscussionQuote from rEDNiNE
I'm not seeing any DH's pretty much.
Mine is lvl 50. In act 3 nightmare, going to progress into Hell act 1 now.
My hand hurts from all the kiting, it's gruesome!
I was surprised to see this as well. I have been taking things very slow, farming a1 hell for awhile. I only progress when I have my pet build WD friend with me to keep mobs busy while I dps at range. One strat I have found to work great for kiting is 80% slow caltrops + long fuse? spike trap. I think the traps are like 371% (from memory) weapon dmg each, and the caltrops keep em slowed long enough to trigger.
If anyone else has any DH tips, I love trying new builds and strats.
Class: Demon Hunter
Progression: Act I Hell
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.