Diablo Stopwatch + run Stats

Hi,
    Doing many alkaizer's lately and testing different specs i got annoyed by having to run some stopwatch program and excel spreadsheets (they are a true hassle) to be able to calculate my farm efficiency. In straight response to this I decided to write an application that will do all these things for me, saving as much time as possible.

Download (version 1.0.1)
    Download (version 1.0.2)

Patchnotes:

1.0.1:
    • Reworked "arrow button" mechanics, now not only replaces first field with second field and clears second field but also restarts the stopwatch. You only need to press one button before starting next run
    • Now "arrow button" won't work if second field is empty, throwing prompt instead
    1.0.2:
    • Stats window and main window are now merged, Stats are also refreshed with every "Save" command
    • "Show data.txt" button added
    • Now empty lines in data.txt do not cause errors, they are ignored instead
    • Paragons are now implemented, if you put lower XP value in second textbox it will count as getting next paragon lvl and XP will be properly subtracted ( you have to fill paragon textbox though, or it will work like in previous versions cuz program won't be able to calculate how much XP you need to advance )
    • If Paragon textbox is filled, program generates file "profile.ini" which will store your last paragon and XP setting every time you use "Save" command. Program also fills Paragon and XPBefore textboxes with data stored in "profile.ini" on every launch.
    • If Paragon textbox is filled, now also "Paragon-related" section in Stats appears showing you some additional info
    Requirements: .NET Framework

How does it work:
    quick look at GUI:

NOTE: Before using this app it's best to change Diablo3 setting from Fullscreen to Windowed Fullscreen, this way you will be able to ALT+TAB in more efficient manner.

So first of all you have a standard stopwatch that's ticking every second, no explanation needed here - you can stop it, resume it, and reset it, simple.

Second of all you got this "Advanced" section which allows you to save your run data into file and then display the most important statistics. Due to assumptions of this solution XP(in millions)/hour is the most reliable measure for describing farm efficiency that will allow you to easily compare one spec with another, leading to optimization of your farming abilities.

if your intuition is not enough you should read this: (these were for 1.0.0 if something doesn't apply, check patchnotes)
    • first of all you fill "XP before run" textbox with how many million of XP(not total XP points) you currently have, examples: "40,3", "50,6", "30" (do not use "."). Another example: you have 5 200 000 XP - you shall put 5,2 into the box.
    • second of all you fill "XP after run" in the same manner (it has to be higher than previous)
    • when you click "Save" it will add one row of data to "data.txt" which will include your current Stopwatch setting and the result of subtracting XPbefore from XPafter. You can delete that row manually and do whatever you want, but remember not to mess up with file structure or statistics will get bugged as a consequence
    • that arrow button is something you use between runs to overwrite your XPbefore with XPafter and clear XPafter to save your time
    • statistics are self-explainatory i guess
    "data.txt": this file is created in every directory where you put DiabloStopwatch.exe after executing the file, so if you don't know what "data.txt" I was talking about, then you have to launch this program in the first place

Farmwell guys
    Looks nice. Could you upload it to some free file hosting service? Eg rapidshare, mediafire or something along those lines?
    Can't download it.
    links are fixed

patch 1.0.1 is live !
    Version 1.0.2 is avalible ! (in this rate ill overrun blizz and their "1.0.7 patch")

If you encounter any bugs or something is not working as intended, put feedback in this thread

extended stats view looks like this( w/ paragon ):

clicking "Statistics" button second time hides them
    Thank you. All my virtues applaud you for sharing your contribution but one. One, engineering aspect screaming at you for using , to separate decimal places. Don't listen to it though. Thanks for sharing your free-time work.
    Looks great, not sure how to treat when I level up during a run. And now after having saved my first set of data and named it after the spec I've been using it's bugging up completely :(
    Looks great, not sure how to treat when I level up during a run.
    just put how much XP u had before run on your previous paragon and then in second box how much XP you have in your next paragon, if u filled paragon field it should be calculated properly (in 1.0.2 i implemented formula that calculates how much XP you need from given paragon to another), if u didnt fill paragon field, it will just pop out warning as long as second value is lower than first

And now after having saved my first set of data and named it after the spec I've been using it's bugging up completely
    this version only recognizes everything called "data.txt" that in inside the same directory as data file, if u rename it - it will create new blank "data.txt" and use that instead, mby ill add some customization to that in the future, but right now i want to make a diagram D:
    Realized it was just me being a noob, it helped putting it all in the same folder :P
    Thanks for this simple but yet informative program, now I have a much clearer view on how much xp and time I have to soak into my character.
    Hi there is a bug, i downloaded the latest version 1.0.2
    but when i gain eg: 12,1m exp, it displays 121m exp instead after saving
    and everything under statistics will follow the wrong value as well
    like time to 100 level with average speed = 4 seconds lol

also may i suggest to make the stopwatch thin horizontal version example:
    | 0:00:00 | start | reset | Para Lvl | 85 | |
    | XP start |85,5| |<-- | XP after |100.5| |Stats| |

basically really thin ^ so you can put it on the top or bottom of the screen and have maximum space for d3 instead. and when u click stats it will drop down the data

Hi there is a bug, i downloaded the latest version 1.0.2
    but when i gain eg: 12,1m exp, it displays 121m exp instead after saving
    and everything under statistics will follow the wrong value as well
    like time to 100 level with average speed = 4 seconds lol

I need more detailed bug report to be able to tell what it is, how did u generate that? what was the value on stopwatch? what were the values on XPbefore and XPafter? was that paragon skip by any chance? if so, what was the value on paragon box?
    Also, if you happen to put unintended values into the program, you can still change them in data.txt file - just find a record with 121 suffix and change it to 12,1
    Ok I tried entering with . instead of , and it worked. i guess its a region issue. Im not from eu.

BTW i really like your app and should definitely improve the interface to a mini version.

definitely one of the most useful apps around
    keep up the good work mate :)

p.s: add another input for gold before run and gold after run
    TY for this :)
    the program is a very nice addition for efficiency, thank you very much for programming and sharing :)
    I also really like the idea ikiga posted, making a slim and wide version which can be always active and show statistics - keep the good work!

Ok I tried entering with . instead of , and it worked. i guess its a region issue. Im not from eu.

well i'm using built-in c# parsing from strings to doubles and it happens not to support dots (in my .NET framework version at least)
    also when i'm trying to parse string with dots Double.TryParse() fails and exception is properly handled
    mby if it differs between framework versions i should write my own parsing method

ah but there was a point about it in my first post, so it's proving once again that you should read that block of text every time you encounter any expected problem ^ ^

BTW i really like your app and should definitely improve the interface to a mini version.
    im planning on adding in some line-chart of all the entries from data.txt, so design might change depending how much space i will need - will keep ur suggestion in mind if i'll get to that point
    doesnt have to be horizontal tho, can be a vertical mini version too

Looks nice. Could you upload it to some free file hosting service? Eg rapidshare, mediafire or something along those lines?

Pretty much this. I'd LOVE to try this little app of yours, but for some reason Speedy won't let me create a free account. Would it be possible to upload it to another free file hosting service?
    My main, Amelia (monk): us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CyberPat-1933/hero/19107603
    wut? you don't need even free acc to dl from speedy, try this link:
    http://www.speedyshare.com/RfPzg/download/DiabloStopwatch1021.zip

previously it was on box.com but since you cannot dl from there without registering, i moved it to speedy

wut? you don't need even free acc to dl from speedy, try this link:

For some reason, one try it would bring me to the subscribe page, and the next try the download would start. Sorry about that, and thank you again! :)
    My main, Amelia (monk): us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CyberPat-1933/hero/19107603
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes