Dyes Benefit Calculator

Hello everyone. As you know, some occasional sellers sell us dyes at bargain prices. For 2520 gold coins. So it is possible to get a profit margin to sell them in the

auction house.

The profit margin it is not important enough to be worth investing time in searching for these sellers but if you find them and you have gold to invest it is a good

idea to buy a bunch of dyes underworld.

Usually the price is set at 3,000 gold coins but there are peaks of almost 5,000. You can see the temporal evolution in

http://dah10.com/stocks-dyes.php

The point is that with these sale prices in the auction house each dye reports a significant benefit. Let's say a dye that is trading at 4,500. The profit per unit is

1,305 (30%).

My advice is to diversify risks and buy various types of dyes since the dye that is more expensive is not always the same and this way we can take advantage of all the

price spikes.

If you want you can use this handy tool to calculate the benefit.

http://dah10.com/blog/tutorials/2012/08/31/dye-benefit-calculator/?lang=en

I hope this little guide will be useful to get a little more gold during your gaming hours.

Greetings!
    I don't get why dyes are even in the game? Do that many people use them?
    Quote from _Scorned

To give people the option to not look like a clown, although I have not seen very many pieces that make you look like a clown in D3. D2's items were colored based on stats, so it was possible to have a red helm and a blue chest piece by default, but I haven't seen anything close to that.
    Looks like they use it a lot. Prices are quite resistant when trying to sell so there is a lot of suply and demand. Not sure why. I have some theories. The fact is that it is a rare but effective way to earn some gold.

Good luck!
    Wait...so people are wiling to spend more on a dye in the AH than in game from a vendor?!
    Yep. You can't choose what dyes does the vendor have and they are not very expensive so if you found a great new armor for your barbarian and it's pink... You go to the AH. think that's the reason.
    The AH is a quick and hastle free way of getting dyes.

Saves having to choose the right quest to show the right dye, or trying to get the sale vendors. Plus, in the grand scheme of things, what's a couple of k gold for a dye compared with millions for some items?

Gotta be stingy to nit-pick over 1k gold.
    And may the odds be ever in your favour.
    Emmo#2406
    Quote from dah10

Yep. You can't choose what dyes does the vendor have and they are not very expensive so if you found a great new armor for your barbarian and it's pink... You go to the AH. think that's the reason.

Quote from Emmo

The AH is a quick and hastle free way of getting dyes.

Saves having to choose the right quest to show the right dye, or trying to get the sale vendors. Plus, in the grand scheme of things, what's a couple of k gold for a dye compared with millions for some items?

Gotta be stingy to nit-pick over 1k gold.

I find that incredibly amazing. Like to me that seems like pure laziness. I dyed some of my equipment just to see what it does. I regret wasting the gold to purchase them to even see what they do. Honestly, I don't pay enough attention to what my character looks like. I prefer to just play the game.
    Does that ideology carry over into real life? Like you don't give a shit if you look like my four-year-old picked out your clothes: you're just at school to do all of t3h m4thz.

If you can't understand why someone would spend 10k to color-coordinate their toon, then you're dumb.
    Because who doesn't want to look like a Champion of Khorne?

Quote from _Scorned

Hell yea I use Dye's. I'm more of the opinion of why the hell wouldn't you?

Do you really not care for the look of your toon or do you simply not love your character enough to make it look cool?
    Quote from Irixian

Does that ideology carry over into real life? Like you don't give a shit if you look like my four-year-old picked out your clothes: you're just at school to do all of t3h m4thz.

If you can't understand why someone would spend 10k to color-coordinate their toon, then you're dumb.

No doesn't carry over. Just whenever I get to play less than 10 hours a week making sure that I am properly color coordinated doesn't seem to be a top priority. Nor is it a top priority whenever I know that there is better gear out there for me.

I never said that I don't understand why, yet rather than why someone would be too lazy to purchase their own dye from a vendor and save the money.
    Quote from Wetzeb

I find that incredibly amazing. Like to me that seems like pure laziness. I dyed some of my equipment just to see what it does. I regret wasting the gold to purchase them to even see what they do. Honestly, I don't pay enough attention to what my character looks like. I prefer to just play the game.

I understand your point about not dyeing your equipement but please understand (or at least believe me) that a lot of people pay atention to the looks of their character. That's why there is really a market. Some friends of mine doesn't dye neither. I myself have only used dyes in the main character for the moment. But there is a market.

About the laziness. I don't think It's laziness, it's practicality. The time you spend looking for the right vendor to save 1k you could farm 20k.
    Quote from vilda03

Quote from _Scorned

Hell yea I use Dye's. I'm more of the opinion of why the hell wouldn't you?

Do you really not care for the look of your toon or do you simply not love your character enough to make it look cool?

Hell yes indeed.

I love making my guys look bad ass and hate it when they're just 'all over the shop'

Personally, making a character look cool/bad ass/stupid/whatever is just another part of the game to play and enjoy.

I'll dye pieces and make others invisible if it doesnt fit in with the overall aesthetic. Hell, all things being equal, I even have a preffered types of weapon for my guys for no other reason than looks.

On Topic. Buying dyes beats the hell out of running around looking for the right vendor and colour. I can make more gold in play time, than what I would spend for the same amount of time it takes me to find the right colour in the AH.

I've often wondered about the pricing margin, but since its so low per item never really worried.
    Quote from axeman87

I've often wondered about the pricing margin, but since its so low per item never really worried.

This week prices are too stable to make profit but that's not unusual and ,as you can see in the time line chart,

http://dah10.com/stocks-dyes.php

the margin of benefit is not always low. Remember that it's a way to take advantage when an occasional seller apears. Not worth to look for them.

Good luck!
    Quote from dah10

just reset the game and he vendor will have different dyes
    Quote from lokithor1

just reset the game and he vendor will have different dyes

True but don't forget that doing this you waste a time in which you could be farming more gold than the price difference between AH and vendors.
    Today in American Server:

Ranger dye -> 4,499

We recomend to sell.

Good luck!
    Glad to have the collector's edition. It saved me lots of time and gold with the free dyes :)
    Quote from khanbg

Glad to have the collector's edition. It saved me lots of time and gold with the free dyes :)

This.
    I just wish CE dyes would stand out just a bit more.
    -Ash
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes