So how strong is WoW for you?

Poll: Have you left WoW or are you still playing it?

How do you currently feel about the game and will that change with MoP?

Have you left WoW or are you still playing it? - Single Choice

• Still hanging in 39.2%
  • Left it 60.8%

Poll: If you are still playing, how enthusiastic are you about the gam

If you are still playing, how enthusiastic are you about the gam - Single Choice

• Not playing it anymore 58.8%
  • I'm loging in from time to time, keeping in touch with old friends and doing a bit of this or that 25.5%
  • The game feels strong with me and I'm having a blast. It's my favorite spare time activity. 15.7%

Poll: Are you excited about MoP?

Are you excited about MoP? - Single Choice

• No thanks, I had enough 52.9%
  • Maybe, I can see myself giving it a try, see what has changed. Not sure for how long I'll keep playing though 27.5%
  • Yes, definitely! I can't wait for MoP (share some reasons in a reply) 19.6%
    I was wondering how do people see MoP? Is it the savior of WoW or just another expansion. How much enthusiasm does it start in you?
    with out a man bad guy its a different look on the game, we'll see how it turns out on the gameplay aspects of it. On the other hand lore wise the game is dead. Its far from playable for me when it comes to lore, not simple because of panda, no i always respected panda, The game is dying. BLizzard has done something no other video game francise has managed to do. Game so hard that it slowly kills it self, its amazing, sad and amazing. ALmost like watching a star burn out.
    I think the MoP expansion look pretty neat. I mean the internetz is all like "FUCK PANDAS!" but I kinda think it fits the WoW atmosphere and style in general. The environments looks awesome and I very much like the new class style. As for if I'll play it.. not sure. I've quit WoW, but I might try MoP out whenever it arrives. I'm very much expecting to be knee deep in D3 by then though so we'll see how it turns out..

Any game has to die sometime and while WoW has aged remarkably well I do think it's singing on its last verse now. As said above while I'm okay with pandas and that stuff I do agree that the lore in general seems a bit washed out by now.

I'm hoping for a WC4 that puts warcraft lore straight again :D
    Quit a year ago or so. I've always liked the pandaren in Warcraft, especially if you have seen any of samwise's artwork. There just haven't been much about them other than the awesome Brewmaster. Liking the new class a lot so who knows.
    One thing is certain, even if the game is great. I do not want to return to the world of warcraft. I would hate myself if I did. :)
    Black Swordsman
    Oh wow, I'm the only one.
    I still play, although pretty much just doing my weekly raids - nothing much more. Also since work is eating up my time quite a lot.

But I do keep my subscription up (mainly, due to the Annual Pass, lol) and I am waiting for MoP. I don't feels that pandas are that much out of fantasy game anyways.
    I'm not playing anymore. The whole concept of fighting these larger than life enemies, to me, is really boring. While initially I thought it was fun, and had a blast playing it, WoW gradually took a turn for the worse. Shitty lore, retcons, mary sue's all over the place, villains who does not inspire one bit of animosity, etc. Got really tired of saving the world every other day, from the supposed baddest of the baddest, who really turned out to be quite bland.

Mists of Pandaria might fix that problem though. The way I understand it is that there will be less of the "epitome of evil" kind of villains, and more local villains who stole the peoples beer and now have to be punished.

Might give it a try. Most likely not. To me, WoW is not nothing but a cash cow. Which is nice I suppose. More money for other projects such as D3 and Sc2 \o/

I'm still crossing my fingers for Wc4, but I'm pretty sure that wont happen, with WoW and all.
    Left it a long time ago too much investment in time and money... not for me any more.
    Always be on the lookout for the little rabbit that can jump from the bush.
    WoW is a great game, but due to me not knowing the lockouts between the Tol Borad 10 man and 25 man instance, I found hostility from a recruiter who then put me on ignore, which took fun out of the game for me as I put out feasts or everyone. I log in from time to time and recently just got the new mount. I reinstalled Diablo2LoD, added 10 diablo2 sites to my favorites list and I'm enjoying playing again, hoping that my cataclysm mouse can last until my steel series diablo mouse comes.
    I've been playing wow for over 6-7 years, from Vanilla to Cataclysm and for me, the game has been going downhill after Burning Crusade. When Blizzard decided to make most of the content 'available' to the casuals, it killed it for me. I has been raiding all my life..(wow life... xD) and i was proud to display my Hand of Adal of champions of the naaru titles, ride my Amani WAR bear... or simply be the one to call Nightbane in karazhan because i had done all the pre-quests... Removal of attunements, tuning down of the game.. all those decision that blizzard took to give a chance to the casual players to see endgame, ruined the game for me. I stuck around for 2 expansions, but the constant nerfing of content/buffing the players is just taking everything out of a kill. Idk, thats just my opinion, if wow was like it was in Burning crusade, before the nerfs and removal of attunements, id still be playing the hell outta that game!!

Perhaps Mists of pandaria will bring good old stuff back! plus, i have signed up for a year subscription for diablo 3 lol xD so ill definitly have a chance to hop on that when it comes out :P
    Quote from anzay

I've been playing wow for over 6-7 years, from Vanilla to Cataclysm and for me, the game has been going downhill after Burning Crusade. When Blizzard decided to make most of the content 'available' to the casuals, it killed it for me. I has been raiding all my life..(wow life... xD) and i was proud to display my Hand of Adal of champions of the naaru titles, ride my Amani WAR bear... or simply be the one to call Nightbane in karazhan because i had done all the pre-quests... Removal of attunements, tuning down of the game.. all those decision that blizzard took to give a chance to the casual players to see endgame, ruined the game for me. I stuck around for 2 expansions, but the constant nerfing of content/buffing the players is just taking everything out of a kill. Idk, thats just my opinion, if wow was like it was in Burning crusade, before the nerfs and removal of attunements, id still be playing the hell outta that game!!

I tend to agree with you. I remember vanilla WoW, when the armor you wore was a symbol of how much you managed to achieve. It was a lot harder, a lot of things were broken and I agree sometimes boring and tedious just for the sake of being tedious, but at the end you were rewarded with something that only someone of equal commitment could possible have. Now .. you grind your eyeballs out for something that everyone will get for free.

Perhaps Mists of pandaria will bring good old stuff back! plus, i have signed up for a year subscription for diablo 3 lol xD so ill definitly have a chance to hop on that when it comes out :P

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but if anything MoP will make things more "streamlined" and "accessible". Blizzard's strategy to combat the recent reduction in subscriptions ... make everything easier and add more mounts and non-combat pets.
    Been playing WoW for a long time now and I can still enjoy it but not as much as I used to. Luckily I can play other games and not 'fall behind' in WoW now. If you feel you can't play it as much anymore then try playing some other games to!
    Personally I'm still finding things to do in WoW, been playin it since 2006, and until recently, RL has prevented me from raiding as it's random when I get the chance. I love the fact that I can hop in and out of a raid with no hard feelings, no worries about being in a raiding guild, and still able to enjoy said raid. I can jump on at 3 in the mornin, noon, 6 in the afternoon, all est, or whenever else I feel like it, and noone will hold it against me if I don't stay for the whole raid or come in halfway through. I missed vanilla and BC raiding content at the time it was fresh due to time contraints in RL, missed a lot of wrath content and cata stuff as well until LFR. Only full raid I ever managed during this whole time was the wrath version of Naxx, every other time I had to wait til I way outgeared the content.

I still get bored with wow from time to time, waiting on MoP and hoping Diablo 3 comes out to give me another release from that boredom. But I'm always finding new things that I haven't done on WoW, leveling new toons, leveling a toon a different way, considering I'm currently sitting on 16 85's with 3 more on the way, I've got plenty of things to occupy me in the game. I'll be excited when/if they remove cap per server and I can transfer all my 85's to one realm.
    I think people are being too harsh with Mists, I personally like the idea of it, although I hated it initially. The architecture looks amazing, im sure pandas won't look silly or childish once Blizzard has developed them, plus theres a new continent which I really missed in Cataclysm.

I'm still playing and will continue to play as long as I enjoy it, the worst part is the time between the last raid of an expansion and the next release, I just hope Dragon Soul isn't another ICC and lasts way too long.
    So bored of wow its unreal, that being said until D3 is out or i get a chance of the beta im going to be playing wow or be really bored since its middle of winter! I've played wow since season 4 in TBC, WOLK was really fun and the best i enjoyed the game, but for me cata ruined it. Just not had fun in arena or pve in most of cata.
    They're trying hard to make it a game for kids ... when you start finding tool-tips that say "Makes the monster angry at you" in your favorite game then you start to wonder if you're playing the right game. :))

It's strange though, because imo PvP and non-raiding PvE have improved dramatically since vanilla, but raiding PvE has not. It is now shallow, repetitive and, for the most part, fails to bring any meaningful rewards. Yeah, you get a dumbed down, easier to get into version now ... but you are only able to get what everyone else already has - you're only keeping up with the rest of the flock.
    I have been playing since the Burning Crusade expansion, and I have to say that overall I do not like what WoW has become. I was a huge fan of the game at first and yes there have been great changes such as the dual talent system, the implementing of glyphs and the like, however the content is simply not as challenging anymore. Back in BC killing anything in Sunwell provided an amazing experience and in my opinion WoW is moving away from such a direction.
    I started playing at the beginning of cata, maybe a month or two prior to 4.1. I still play WoW and am very much looking forward to what MoP has to offer. Really liking the new skills as shown on the talent trees, esp. the new druid ones (as my main is a druid). That being said, I'm not looking forward to wow becoming a "Pvp oriented" game, as many people have suggested it will become. I don't pvp at all (mostly because I suck at it) and pve is just more fun for me.
    I used to be really into WoW but now I'd rather play more than just one game all the time. I find I have more time to myself now instead of worrying about being around for raids and the daily grind of dailies and dungeons.

MoP looks interesting but I've had enough. :P
    Lore-Wise i think WoW started to die in WotLK. Classic and TBC actually close what started in WC3... WotLK is the final arc, but I didn't like it for some reason.

But it truelly feels WC3 story ended in WotLK. Whenever WoW uses feels kinda like a filler...
    "In time the hissing of her sanity
    Faded out her voice and soiled her name
    And like marked pages in a diary
    Everything seemed clean that is unstained
    The incoherent talk of ordinary days
    Why would we really need to live?
    Decide what is clear and what's within a haze
    What you should take and what to give" - Opeth
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes