Torchlight II cover art revealed

To be honest, at the first glance, I was a bit disappointed, but now, after an hour (or so) of scrutinizing, it starts to look better and better. :) Runic's main art guys, Jason Beck and Kyle Cornelius speak about the cover art here.

Below is one of the new wallpapers, showing a portion of the cover, in more detail.

Very cartoony. Reminds me of the early 90s game box covers.

Very cartoony. Reminds me of the early 90s game box covers.

yeah, my thoughts.

Still going to play it if it comes out before d3 though =P
    With the world of video games going with more and more ultra-realistic graphics, I am growing to like more and more this style of graphics.

I will most likely be getting it. I just hope the multiplayer is like their old Diablo 2 multiplayer. :P
    Would you believe that @ Runic Games Forum some people were offended by the cleavage shown on the cover? The magic word "sexistic" was mentioned a couple of times. Jesus... What's wrong with people? Who doesn't like a pair of nice-sized boobs? It's beyond me. B)

Would you believe that @ Runic Games Forum some people were offended by the cleavage shown on the cover? The magic word "sexistic" was mentioned a couple of times. Jesus... What's wrong with people? Who doesn't like a pair of nice-sized boobs? It's beyond me. B)

I think I'm offended as well... Not for the cleavage, but because they are so stupid... *eyetwitch*

I think I'm offended as well... Not for the cleavage, but because they are so stupid... *eyetwitch*

I seriously agree. I mean Boobs are great, but some of these developers over produce their tits to shit. I mean making some nice 34B's is okay some 34C's but when your a 32DD and you have to walk around with plate armor on it just doesn't seem plausible
    Not even Death will save you from Diablo Bunny's Cuteness!

I seriously agree. I mean Boobs are great, but some of these developers over produce their tits to shit. I mean making some nice 34B's is okay some 34C's but when your a 32DD and you have to walk around with plate armor on it just doesn't seem plausible

First, it really doesn't matter what the breast size is, because its a video game. It's not meant to be realistic or there wouldn't be magic in it.

Second, if the developer wants to give the females a big rack, why shouldn't they? It's their game.

Third, it's a game. Whether the character has 32A's or 40DD's, she will kill monsters just the same.

I don't understand why it's such a big deal about the breast size. -.-;

Would you believe that @ Runic Games Forum some people were offended by the cleavage shown on the cover? The magic word "sexistic" was mentioned a couple of times. Jesus... What's wrong with people? Who doesn't like a pair of nice-sized boobs? It's beyond me.

Sexuality in America is perceived much differently than it is in Europe.

Would you believe that @ Runic Games Forum some people were offended by the cleavage shown on the cover? The magic word "sexistic" was mentioned a couple of times. Jesus... What's wrong with people? Who doesn't like a pair of nice-sized boobs? It's beyond me.

Sexuality in America is perceived much differently than it is in Europe.

Or it's perceived different by individuals :)
    No one likes stereotypes.
    I know, I know... I mentioned the "boobs", so I am the one to blame. But what about the cover art? The style? The classes? The game? It's only a short time until TL2 beta begins, so we should talk about the game itself instead of cleavage. No matter how fascinating that topic may be. But hey! all publicity (for Torchlight II; mammaries are popular enough) is good publicity.

And, by the way, those cup sizes mentioned by Ent1ty are laughable. :facepalmsmile:
    I like the style. About the boobs: I'll take complaints like this seriously when I see a consistent objection from women about how men are portrayed.
    Wow, this looks absolutely disgusting. As if I didn't hate the actual gameplay footage enough, they just pile on all the cartoony elements without any regard for trying to make a visually-compelling game.

Nothing looks evil. Nothing looks dangerous. Nothing looks appealing to me.

I hate the way you cling to ignorance and pass it off as innocence

Wow, this looks absolutely disgusting. As if I didn't hate the actual gameplay footage enough, they just pile on all the cartoony elements without any regard for trying to make a visually-compelling game.

Nothing looks evil. Nothing looks dangerous. Nothing looks appealing to me.

yeah I know you can just tell soooo much about a game from the box art without playing it.
    and a game does not have to be "Scary" to be fun. Its an art style, I mean come on they put DeathWing as the boxart for Diablo III now every one thinks its a WoW clone, seriously chill out, and leave your garbage comments some where else.
    Meh, a bit to cartoony, much like the first...

Sex sells, that's all. Why else do you think Mtv consists of 98% RnB/pop/rap music videos? It's all about the bitches and ho's dancing around pimped out cars...
    I'm not really sure why anyone is surprised any longer that many women characters in computer games are scantily clad. The cover art itself is quite similar to the first one's (as seen in previous posts) and resembles the graphical style of the game itself quite much. You either love it or hate it -- I belong in the latter group.

I'm not sure how many people can at the same time boast their preference of Torchlight II over Diablo III ("has lan, is moddable, exists in a freer environment, yadda yadda...") and complain that Diablo III is too "cartoony". I mean, TL is cartoony, Diablo III just somewhat stylized (opposed to ultra-realism).

yeah I know you can just tell soooo much about a game from the box art without playing it.
    and a game does not have to be "Scary" to be fun. Its an art style, I mean come on they put DeathWing as the boxart for Diablo III now every one thinks its a WoW clone, seriously chill out, and leave your garbage comments some where else.

> Implying that I haven't even looked at this game apart from the boxart. Trust me, I watched gameplay footage and I wasn't impressed. I could forgive Dungeon Siege II for some of the elven areas, but the color scheme and the art style is completely unappealing to me. To me; this is my opinion. Deal with it.

And I don't know what Deathwing has to do with Diablo III. It's obviously Diablo on the cover and if anyone sincerely thinks that D3 looks like a WoW clone, they need to look at recent footage.

My main complaint is that there is nothing "serious" about Torchlight II as I see it now.

At least Diablo doesn't have any flowers on the ground...

I rest my case.

I hate the way you cling to ignorance and pass it off as innocence
    Point taken, realizing your probably right, ARPGs should not have flowers or what ever the hell that thing is, I congratulate you on winning, I was mad at the time, but now I am calm, it just made me a little angry that you aren't giving the game a chance, personally I don't even agree with anything I said in that earlier post, and I love the box art for Diablo 3. What I said was about liking, or disliking, a game for the box art, and the cartoony art style, and saying its un-enjoyable before you have even played it. Who knows maybe it has very solid game play mechanics and it just feels awesome when you play it. Like the original Torchlight, which I greatly enjoyed, mainly for how the mechanics worked and how it felt tight and tuned, and it was satisfying when you killed things, now... I'm pretty sure that Diablo III will trump both Torchlight I and Torchlight II with everything.
    Well, you know how it goes: One guy loves the mother, other one likes the daughter. And the third one wants to spend a night with both of them. But there are those ones too who can't stand either.

I rest my case.

That's just one of the new pets, but I think I got your point. Even though I don't agree with it. :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes