Torchlight lovers hate diablo III?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeVj6O4jSwE

read the comments on youtube, the game looks really nice, but after watching thi video I find it kinda slow paced compared to diablo (never played torchlight b4)
    I'm confused of how "the crowd" seems to speak of Diablo, just because it isn't a D2 with fresh graphics. I don't see how they can not love it the way we all do here, cuz c'mon... it's diablo!

That game is so much like diablo 2 its not even funny. TL1: in a dungeon 100% of the time. i.e. Diablo 1, also has 3 characters. TL2 now in a open world and has more (5?) characters, JUST like diablo 2. Even some of the areas look similar, I mean like come on... The only thing different will be the story/art. Also, the story better be good this time because TL1 was terrible. But hey, at least they hired a writer this time...
    The graphic style is just stupid, and was there a story in Torchlight 1? i remember catching a cold somewhere in the beginning if that's what you're referring to...

People on the internet have a problem. Anybody that disagrees with them is an idiot, and it's completely unreasonable for 2 people to like a different game.

No way around it, unfortunately. People just become jerks while on the internet.
    Check me out on Sc2mapster.
    But in the end we all play Diablo ànd torchlight ;p

Quote from Junotekh

But in the end we all play Diablo ànd torchlight ;p

OMG i just realized that what we saw in 2008 Barb gameplay video looked exactly like this :
    the siege breaker and the boss in this vid look the same, and the inventory where you see your champ in 3d looks the same :o

what the?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JO-zqXQdHI&feature=related
    I liked torchlight and will play both diablo 3 and torchlight 2 for sure, however I played diablo 2 every day for years, and still pick it up now an then for a play-through or for trying a weird build, while I played through torchlight twice, and then felt I was done with it and haven't touched it since, even if I enjoyed it a lot while playing.
    I have a feeling it will be the same with D3 and TL2, I will play through TL2 a couple times, maybe even once with each class, but then I will be done with it while I will hopefully play and enjoy D3 for many years.
    Yeah torchlight 2 was just the devs looking at the D3 videos and copying them.

Torchlight 1 was a piece of shit ugly snore-o-thon, taking a step backward from D2 even. Torchlight 2 is them trying to rip of Diablo 3 and failing. The abilities look boring as shit, the graphical style is awful (WoW graphics without any sense of unity or purpose), and frankly, it's quite obvious why Blizzard fired all these people.

:angry:

But if you're into that sort of thing, to each their own! :lol:
    Quote from OmniNom

Torchlight 1 was a piece of shit ugly snore-o-thon, taking a step backward from D2 even. Torchlight 2 is them trying to rip of Diablo 3 and failing. The abilities look boring as shit, the graphical style is awful (WoW graphics without any sense of unity or purpose), and frankly, it's quite obvious why Blizzard fired all these people.

+1 for hating on a shitgame which i'll play to kill time anyway

Completed Torchlight a while back, gave the game to my cousin. No fun for me.

Swedish Official Fansite www.Diablo3pvp.se

Quote from OmniNom

+1 because every time I see them pandas, I know I get to read something entertaining.
    Looks like an 8 yr olds version of diablo.
    Quote from Prosthesy

Quote from OmniNom

+1 because every time I see them pandas, I know I get to read something entertaining.

that is one of the best sigs on this site though.

To be honest, the "fun" things about torchlight are : Endless dungeon, infinite improvement of your items, mods, offline.

Each of these things result in one thing. Massive ammounts of "cheating". The game is _not_ balanced, ever. It centers around the ability to troll some mobs in singleplayer mode which is great if you cant interact with others. Torchligt 2 brings multiplayer, and lan, and all the features that the d3 community cries for, for the sole reason to "leech" the whiners which the d3 community is well off with anyway.

If you think that Torchlight 2 will be a better game than D3, good for you. I belive that D3 will do everything a notch better than torchlight 2, but i'd love for them to prove me wrong, i will buy torchligt 2 while im waiting for D3, i hope it's good, but my hopes are not high.
    personnaly, Torchlight is the only action/rpg i did not like. People say snore-o-thon and i kinda agree with them. I didnt feel the action, nowhere , even with 15 squeletons i was slowly falling asleep. I didnt like any of their characters, i didnt like the art style etc. When people said to me "Torchlight 2 will pwn D3" i was curious. Its not because i didnt like Torchlight that T2 would be automaticaly bad. So i go on gamespot and IGN and watch tons of stuff on T2 and still ... i dont like it. The art style dont appeal me, the classes dont appeal me, the armor set dont appeal me. Im a fan of looking good and in torchlight, my character always looked bad and im REALLY NOT into steampunk and blunderbuss (blunderwuss). Having a forced pet , feeding him fishes etc. i really didnt enjoy my time.

But i dont mind people playing the game, play what make you happy. I dont see why people make war like D3 suck Torchlight better or D3 is the bomb if you play torchlight youre a *****. Its so childish like answer, most of the people, even those who say it suck will probably end up playing it nonetheless.

so play what you want but my opinion is "Diablo 3 will pwn torchlight 2 so bad and for so long that alot of people will skip it to play diablo 3 with cool classes , cool mechanic and try to beat the inferno difficulty!"
    I cant really like Diablo 3 the way its heading. Torchlight 2 might be cartoony, but ITS MADE BY THE SAME PEOPLE WHO MADE DIABLO 1 AND 2. in Runics defense,Torchlight 1 had ZERO budget, and they still manged to sell 1 million copes and get 8.0+ ratings across the board. Hopefully Torchlight 2 will be better with co op.

But you know what they say, fanboys will be fanboys. Only managing to see the surface. ITS MADE BY BLIZZARD OMFG ITS GOING TO BE AMAZING.
    It looks pretty cool. But, torchlight was just kinda...mediocre.

Off topic: Is that a girl or a 13 year old boy speaking? Wth?
    "I want to say something but I'll keep it to myself I guess and leave this useless post behind to make you aware that there WAS something... "
    -Equinox

"We're like the downtown of the Diablo related internet lol"
    -Winged
    Quote from Dracolich55

in Runics defense,Torchlight 1 had ZERO budget, and they still manged to sell 1 million copes and get 8.0+ ratings across the board.

I think this is a point no one considers. I continually see people comparing D3 and Torchlight and just don't get it; it's worse than apples and oranges.

Diablo 3 is the new flagship title from the worlds most-known gaming company. Torchlight was four dudes in a room for a couple months.

And I think it was loads of fun.
    You all realize that Diablo 1 and 2 were made mostly by the same people who made Torchlight? Some Diablo fans you guys are. I admit, I don't like the graphical style in Torchlight but the mechanics are PERFECT. Even if it seems they "copied" Diablo, they have EVERY right to because THEY DID CREATE THE FIRST TWO aka they were the now defunct "Blizzard North". Do some research or something kids.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes