What race/style do you play?

I'm a masters level player, every race playable in at least low masters without much practice.

Stop making me want to play sc2 again.
    I'm a Macro Protoss. Get on 2 base early. Defend. Get some kind of army/tech advantage for map control, get a third. 200/200 deathball..... A-MOVE!!!!!!!!
    Macro zerg ofc it is the way to victory.Had some problems with injects but managed to get a flawess one in the previous 3-4 games.I like surround stuff with armies that makes a good race in my opinion,
    Best Race so far :P
    Well i started a few months ago , haven't played much but i prefer protoss. i get a early 2nd base and get my army going, followed by my 3rd expansion, and hopefully if i don't lose, move my main probes to the 4th. I haven't learned much tactics yet though i watch lotsa commentaries and replays. never managed to go near their level of macroing and microing haha
    PLaying as a zerg. Looove zerg :D their fcking awesome. usualy go for speedling-blings or roach-hydra.
    also love going cracklings-inferstor :P pm me and we can try out some games :)
    I actually started playing again like three-four days a go. I play Zerg now though. Mostly Roach/Hydra/infestor play with an overseer. Covers all the bases then (ie stealth too).

You just lost

THE GAME!!!
    I'm a low-level protoss player (gold) and I like to go gateway unites and high templars against most terrans and collosi and blink stalkers against zerg.
    I watch so much more SC2 than I play. When I play, I mostley do 2v2 and 3v3 with a couple of friends.
    God has joined our world, Diablos minions grew stronger
    There is an awesome user on this forum called Ansl. We used to play 2v2 arranged team and kick some ass!

Played a few games lately, i dont play sc2 when im alone anymore only with friends who like to play / watch sc2.
    I am still in shape and i play Zerg obviously. I have problems in ZvZ though :P

@Siaynoq: Its Terran not Terrain :P

I used to play last season. I was top 8 gold in 1v1, which isn't saying much. :/ Lol.

I was never good at 2v2, I couldn't trust my partners. Lol.
    Main race: Zerg

Off race: Toss
    "Just quit and wait for GW2"
    Protoss, I do not care about the ladder at the moment so I am free styling :D
    Master league Terran... Macro all the way! I like long 4-base games. :)

-Temp
    i used to 4 gate every game but i settled into playing standard macro games with a few deviations, as much agression by snipping bases, warp prism and dt harass as much as possible, but i try to avoid directly engaging and trading armies until i am maxed unless they give me an opening

Reminds me of myself (:

I'm protoss, and I mostly play macro games. I hate cheesing and think it's really detrimental to one's improvement in this game. Right now I'm back after a long break, and I'm trying to improve my game mechanics. Style of play - aggressive.
    I usually play 3v3 bronze with two of my friends, and I'm Zerg. I always go 14 pool then harass for a minute with zerglings while gaining economy, then i switch over to mass roach. Simply because roaches have an amazing damage output at max upgrades and when they can burrow and move around, it's easy to surround a thor or two and wipe out the team quick. I sometimes switch to roach/muta mix at the late game when I'm the one who's still producing and my two friends have died out. Usually my toss friend takes longer to die out, but he has this dumb habit of making nothing till he has max upgrades then goes voids or stalks... just because I have 0 air defense and we need some of that. My other friend dies out quickly and never takes more than two or three bases in a game and he usually masses marines and then pushes into sieges and vike's later on.
    Not even Death will save you from Diablo Bunny's Cuteness!

I usually play 3v3 bronze with two of my friends, and I'm Zerg. I always go 14 pool then harass for a minute with zerglings while gaining economy, then i switch over to mass roach. Simply because roaches have an amazing damage output at max upgrades and when they can burrow and move around, it's easy to surround a thor or two and wipe out the team quick. I sometimes switch to roach/muta mix at the late game when I'm the one who's still producing and my two friends have died out. Usually my toss friend takes longer to die out, but he has this dumb habit of making nothing till he has max upgrades then goes voids or stalks... just because I have 0 air defense and we need some of that. My other friend dies out quickly and never takes more than two or three bases in a game and he usually masses marines and then pushes into sieges and vike's later on.

Hey I'm looking to spar against some zerg opponents if you're game! :) Hey no offense either, but I bet muta/ling would be a better combo for your late game... I don't see how you can ever afford roach/muta at the same time, unless you're on 6+ gas geysers. (or your teammate s pool you gas maybe?). I'm not big into 3v3. :(

-Temp

Hey I'm looking to spar against some zerg opponents if you're game! :) Hey no offense either, but I bet muta/ling would be a better combo for your late game... I don't see how you can ever afford roach/muta at the same time, unless you're on 6+ gas geysers. (or your teammate s pool you gas maybe?). I'm not big into 3v3. :(

-Temp

Yeah if my terran buddy goes mass marine he pools me gas, and I usually have 6 geysers late game anyway. I always run off 3 base with two extra hatch's to make sure i have a constant stream of units. If i get all my larva injects and I have built up min and gas due to me crapping on kids for a good while I can rebuild my army in a matter or 1-2 minutes and just go back to assaulting them. I find it absolutely thrilling. Muta ling is pretty annoying just because if i go muta ling I try to stay with just lings and not waste money on anything other than lings so i can use the majority of my gas on muta's. In the event that I do go mass ling and some muta mix I have cracklings and usually 2/1 upgrades for mutas or 2/2 and by the end of the game i have max mutas. Not only that I usually make sure i push in with the lings first while swinging the mutas all the way round back to hit their eco while my lings tear through their front army. If i get a good surround with the lings I can basically put the game away right there.

If I ever play 1v1 I try to stay ling a little more just because It's an easier game to play when I'm not worrying about so much gas. I also like hydras for 1v1 because Hydras can also attack air and ground. If I'm into a really tight game I might try to get some broods and ultra's if I have the spare resources if not I'll stick to hydra/roach/ling/muta to win. Roaches I feel are the best zerg unit right now. Being able to max them for amazing damage and then burrowing them, then moving them directly under my opponent, then unburrowing so they surround and auto attack everything in the vacinity they just destroy. It's kind of op right now.

Same with terran really if you mass marine you can win a 1v1 by yourself if they go high tech. I've done it before. I had my three team mates do normal but I played amazingly fast for that single game and I had 200/200 and like 146 marines maxed out and I walked one by one through their bases and they just couldn't stop it. I don't know why but marines and roaches just seem like the two best units right now.

What you said makes no sense to me really... but I play in a different perspective (I usually only play 1v1, and I'm in Master League). What you said might work in 3v3's, and might work in Bronze League, but I really don't think you will have much success with those ideas later on as you progress through the game and advance on the ladders...

Roaches are not OP at all... 1 immortal will kill 5 roaches, making roaches a terrible idea by themselves... and if you have immortals, that means you have a robo, which means you can get an observer within seconds... (if you did have tunneling claws researched). Also marines are good, and they are both tier 1 and tier 3 units depending on their upgrades, but even then, pure marine will not work in a 1v1 against a high caliber player. Banes will own rines, fungal growth, collosi, siege tanks, etc, etc... I guess when you play 3v3 you can be a lot more lenient with your build order and your tech choices...

I would suggest you try 1v1's more often if you're looking to improve your gameplay... 3v3's are fun and casual, but they lack the mechanics 1v1's require in order to improve over and over...

When I first got into SC2 I played a lot of 2v2's... and it was easy... (although the 2v2 maps were completely different than they are now.) It was so easy because you had to just mix zealots + rines, or stalkers + lings, or something to that effect, and you win within 8 minutes..

But then once you start playing 1v1's, it requires better mechanics, better build orders, better timings, better scouting, etc... it is just a 'harder' game 1v1 and less room for mistakes... anyways, if you wanna play sometime let me know.

-Temp

What you said makes no sense to me really... but I play in a different perspective (I usually only play 1v1, and I'm in Master League). What you said might work in 3v3's, and might work in Bronze League, but I really don't think you will have much success with those ideas later on as you progress through the game and advance on the ladders...

Roaches are not OP at all... 1 immortal will kill 5 roaches, making roaches a terrible idea by themselves... and if you have immortals, that means you have a robo, which means you can get an observer within seconds... (if you did have tunneling claws researched). Also marines are good, and they are both tier 1 and tier 3 units depending on their upgrades, but even then, pure marine will not work in a 1v1 against a high caliber player. Banes will own rines, fungal growth, collosi, siege tanks, etc, etc... I guess when you play 3v3 you can be a lot more lenient with your build order and your tech choices...

I would suggest you try 1v1's more often if you're looking to improve your gameplay... 3v3's are fun and casual, but they lack the mechanics 1v1's require in order to improve over and over...

When I first got into SC2 I played a lot of 2v2's... and it was easy... (although the 2v2 maps were completely different than they are now.) It was so easy because you had to just mix zealots + rines, or stalkers + lings, or something to that effect, and you win within 8 minutes..

But then once you start playing 1v1's, it requires better mechanics, better build orders, better timings, better scouting, etc... it is just a 'harder' game 1v1 and less room for mistakes... anyways, if you wanna play sometime let me know.

-Temp

agreed, When I play 1v1 i do completely different builds. I stick with roaches as I feel they are the best zerg ground unit, High mobility, high damage, an easy cloak, but I also try and mix in some air defense, maybe mutas sometimes I try for broods/corruptors if I'm playing well enough.

and I know roaches are not "OP" because whenever someone goes siege tanks it messes me up bad because they demolishes roaches unless i can get a surround. I've never gone against immortals in 3v3 dunno why. To add to that most of the people I play against aren't super bright while playing and therefore don't switch tactics or try to get good unit combinations. As a zerg player I try to be able to pump out supporting units for my friends higher tech units. If one of my friends goes voids and the other is siege tanks we primarily use the siege's as base defense in the case that me and my void friend get crapped on. If we don't we usually allow me to micro the units and i do a frontal assault with the roaches and swing voids round back. All the while i continually produce. another thing many people FAIL to do. My friends BOMB in this category too. In the middle of a fight I have my Hatches on control group 1 and i have larva injects constantly, and I just produce units as I lose. My friends never do this nor do any of my opponents they always wait for the end of a fight to do so and screw themselves over.

The marine thing is also very easy because well it's an easy unit to make from beginning to end and most 3v3 players aren't very good. I am confident in saying I'm better than most 3v3 bronze players. But having a team that is low bronze really drags me down as sometimes it turns into a 3v1 easily cause my friends can't produce quick enough.

Toss! Blink stalkers so awesome!
    Random, im trying to macro every game.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes