Skyrim - Your Progress

Poll: Your impressions from playing Skyrim..

Impressions

Your impressions from playing Skyrim.. - Single Choice

• Terrible (must be explained in a post!) 1.2%
  • Meh 9.3%
  • Pretty good 31.4%
  • Incredible! 58.1%
    I'm at level 38 I think, and just did the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller quest. Ustengrav is probably one of the best dungeons I've seen in any RPG, I was really impressed with it. All the more because I didn't expect an Elder Scrolls game to have a side-puzzle like the one in there (tip: if you see an area you don't think is reachable, try using the Whirlwind Sprint Shout - it works more like a long jump than a sprint). The dungeon was a bit easy in terms of enemies, but I think I was way too high level at that point, even playing it on the hardest difficulty...

My favorite side-quest so far has got to be A Night to Remember, the last part of it was especially good. I love that you end up at the same point the quest started at.
    This signature has been edited by Macros: 25 August 2010 - 04:00 PM

Level 26, pure warrior class, experienced in both archery and one-handed weapons. I'm now forging ebony armor.

I've just started the Companions, haven't gotten very far in the main quest, haven't touched the College of WH. I completed the Civil War (in favor of the Imperials).

I hate the way you cling to ignorance and pass it off as innocence
    Ive went from my lvl 26 warrior to lvl 16 mage and now playing a thief character.
    Kinda dissapointed with mage, there are really very few spells and I still used the flames spell at lvl 16. Ive been to that mage college and other places, no one sells any new spells. If I can remember Oblivion had shitloads of spells for all kinds of things. Being stuck with 3 different spells to clear whole game isnt fun.. Also mages level up alot slower than warriors.

Also it seems higher difficulty = less loot. Now that im playing on normal theres more loot everywhere.

Another thing I noticed is Smithing and Enchanting are very easy to level up, Alchemy is a real bitch. Hopefully it will be more usefull now that I'l be using poisons.
    Quote from venom1stas

Ive went from my lvl 26 warrior to lvl 16 mage and now playing a thief character.
    Kinda dissapointed with mage, there are really very few spells and I still used the flames spell at lvl 16. Ive been to that mage college and other places, no one sells any new spells. If I can remember Oblivion had shitloads of spells for all kinds of things. Being stuck with 3 different spells to clear whole game isnt fun.. Also mages level up alot slower than warriors.

Also it seems higher difficulty = less loot. Now that im playing on normal theres more loot everywhere.

Another thing I noticed is Smithing and Enchanting are very easy to level up, Alchemy is a real bitch. Hopefully it will be more usefull now that I'l be using poisons.

There are 80+ Spells iirc. You have to buy the Books from the Mages. And why would Mages lvl slower? Maybe you forgott the Birthsign? Else I dont see a reason why leveling would be slower... except spaming Smithing/Enchanting... and thats a bad idea because you lvl fast but your dmg doesnt lvl... and killing high lvl mobs without good dmgperks is... hard. Happend with my new Thieve/Assassin Char, I lvled mainly in cities... e.g. Smithing/Speech/Enchanting/Lockpicking/Pickpocket... im lvl26? or something like that and my Archery/OneHanded/LightArmor are only ~lvl50-60...
    Quote from venom1stas

As you level up, the same guys sell better spellbooks.
    I am now lvl 45. I played a mage first, and with the stun perk for dual casting game was too easy (i play on master). so i started a warrior. focus on conjur (summon daedric or whatever its called is badass) resto one hand (sword specific) and shield. games pretty fun, i just cant decided what to focus on for quests. did a bit of main, all of companions, dark brotherhood. by the way.. dark brotherhood you get a shadowsteed that never dies, can only be knocked out for a few seconds. lovin the game, just not enough time to play.
    Stay Gold
    After weeks of friends telling me how amazing this game is... I decided to purchase it over Thanksgiving holiday.

So far I have a level 24 Nord 2h warrior and.. WOW. I have not stopped playing this game since I picked it up. It is absolutely 100% amazing. SO glad that my friends convinced me!!!

24? I'm 21 and I've been playing since release :))
    Im already lvl 35 on my 3rd character. Let me tell you, boosting sneak with enchanted gear is really worthwhile. I hit lvl 30 before I even went to greybeards. This game just feels incredibly massive. Next character necromancer me thinks, and will use followers for the first time too and try Master difficulty.
    My 2nd Char is lvl41 right now. Its a female Imperial Thief/Assassin

Well the Char is a lot of fun and the Thieves Guild was a blast... next step is to join the Dark Brotherhood. Oh and the Blood on Ice Quest is really nice if it doesnt bug (what it did for my first char

Some Screens:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/631858500840207232/1CB241C21C6E8F358B487F5D5BFCCE093E78AA71/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/631858500840204863/4BE6DB34CFC9831727DE9AEBF18A30F5C644977A/
    They see me rolin, they hatin.

I'm rolling a lvl 53 khajit assasin who favors bows but isn't afraid to get down and diry with dual daggers.

Also I dabble in necromancy. Oh who am I kidding, I want to max out all the skills and do all the quests and see all easter eggs, even if it involves - gasp - wikia.

hf with this great game !
    Quote from pr3ach3r

I'm rolling a lvl 53 khajit assasin who favors bows but isn't afraid to get down and diry with dual daggers.

Also I dabble in necromancy. Oh who am I kidding, I want to max out all the skills and do all the quests and see all easter eggs, even if it involves - gasp - wikia.

hf with this great game !

I'm planning a very similar 2nd character, after I finish the main quest with my Battlemage.
    Currently level 30 on my female Breton stealth archer. Bought the game on Saturday haha, freagin' awesome.
    Quick question for those of you who play on master:
    How does this difficulty compare to say, FO3 or Oblivion? Not in terms of how hard, but in terms of how they make it harder. I ask because I despise the difficulty slider in FO3 and NV, because of how much it slows down the game - it takes a bajillion hits to kill the enemy, and since you're so overloaded with potions, you just keep popping them to survive.

I much prefer how DXHR tried to do it, what with basically making it so on the hardest setting, everyone in the game was a glass cannon, including you. So you kill easy, but you die even easier.
    Quote from TheDFO

Quick question for those of you who play on master:
    How does this difficulty compare to say, FO3 or Oblivion? Not in terms of how hard, but in terms of how they make it harder. I ask because I despise the difficulty slider in FO3 and NV, because of how much it slows down the game - it takes a bajillion hits to kill the enemy, and since you're so overloaded with potions, you just keep popping them to survive.

I much prefer how DXHR tried to do it, what with basically making it so on the hardest setting, everyone in the game was a glass cannon, including you. So you kill easy, but you die even easier.

I guess it depends on your playstyle. I play on expert (one step under master) and the Mobs do shitloads of dmg if you arent careful. So the DMG scales with difficulty. I'm not sure about the HP of the Mobs... but I think it scales too. The thing is... most "classes" do high dmg aswell... so basicly you can oneshot your enemies but they can oneshot you too if you arent careful or specc to be overpowerd... Conjurer+Block+3*Crafting+1-Handed is really OP add Light Armor and you cant fail even on Master...Oo On the other hand you may make a bad choice Perk/Skill-wise and end up doing too little dmg to be able to kill the mobs fast and if that happens you are screwed.

If you want an example on the difficulty. My lvl50 Warrior could oneshot most enemies with his Power Attacks... but if an enemie DW Warrior ever landed his Power Attack on me I would either die or go down to may 10% hp (Forsworn Briarhard with DW oneshoted me once <_<). Then again with smithed Deadric Armor and Weapons + double Enchant you get unkillable... but you still do your way over the top dmg
    I love that this game allows me to completely mess up the Dark Brotherhood questline.

So I'm playing a Nord.. Two-handed, Heavy Armor, Smithing.. Barbarian style. My character doesn't like cowardly mages, thieves or assassins. Basically, I'm playing a good guy. So I went to Riften before I even went to Windhelm, right? In the orphanage I met this woman named Grelod who was being mean to the orphans. So I killed her.
    Much later, I get to Windhelm and find this boy performing a ritual to summon the Dark Brotherhood to have the woman killed. I'm like "she's already dead, kid".
    A little later I get a message. It has the Dark Brotherhood sign and the words "we know". So I'm like okay, I'll be visited I guess.
    So much later I happen to sleep in a bed. When I wake up, I'm kidnapped by Astrid. She's telling me I stole their kill. I'm like "look, I killed her before I even got involved in this whole thing. I have nothing to do with you." But she won't let me go until I kill someone. Sure, I'll kill someone... you! Now I have a quest to destroy the Dark Brotherhood, hahaha.
    Next playthrough I'll be a thief/assassin, but for now they're going down :)
    This signature has been edited by Macros: 25 August 2010 - 04:00 PM
    Hi all this my 40 lvl Mage
    And yes he's got Daedric armor on him
    Why you say? Because i dig da style :P

It's.....a bit gay, your Daedric armor.

The dragonscale armor is way cooler and even slightly less gay.
    Daedric armor looks beast, better than Oblivion's

This is my lvl 40 Stealth Archer decked out in Nightingale armor

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes