Female Monk, from scratch - w.i.p.

Well, seeing all this fan art on the forums it lit the fire in me to start drawing again aswell. Alltho a bit clunky at it still guess id share my drawing with you guys and the progress i make on it ;o

feedback and ideas more than welcome!

Concept sketch;

Yes she got CE wings brahs!

edit; color palet

Image removed due to its file extension: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg190/scaled.php?server=190&filename=monk2t.jpg&res=landing

Now whats left is actually getting detail in and proper shading. which is like the most work! QQ

Raw details;

Image removed due to its file extension: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg856/scaled.php?server=856&filename=monk4s.jpg&res=landing

Stil need to do the face proper, shoes wings and fine details, but its getting there!

Image removed due to its file extension: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg854/scaled.php?server=854&filename=monk5s.jpg&res=landing

Pretty much done here, finishing touches inc.

Image removed due to its file extension: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg716/scaled.php?server=716&filename=monk6.jpg&res=landing

added some background and effects and gimmick shadow!

Image removed due to its file extension: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg7/scaled.php?server=7&filename=monk7.jpg&res=landing

Well, stylised the hair like the rest of the drawing. changed the face a bit and toned down the color a bit. Lets see, should be done now, only thing left is uploading a highres version i guess!
    Looks pretty good to me. The only criticisms I could offer are that the back leg seems a little longer than the front to me, and she looks more like a he to me. Still, it's pretty impressive. :)
    ...and if you disagree with me, you're probably <insert random ad hominem attack here>.
    Looks good!

Kinda wish you didin't draw it with CE wings though, I personally find them out of place on any of the 5 heros (except like, maybe t15 demon hunter)
    Yup, very nice, tough it does not have palms/fingers visible at all which looks quite funny (show a pinky at least :)). She's also got hit her back pretty badly with multiple spears.
    Quote from karsen88

Looks good!

Kinda wish you didin't draw it with CE wings though, I personally find them out of place on any of the 5 heros (except like, maybe t15 demon hunter)

You didn't know they were created especially for T15 DH :D She will look so so so sexy with them and shadow power combined
    The only criticisms I could offer are that the back leg seems a little longer than the front to me, and she looks more like a he to me.

Personnaly i think the legs should be about right, might be a matter of (lack of)coloring and perspective that makes it weird now, as i havnt really shaded much. I do agree with the He part tho, but i dunno wether to make it too feminine or not, as the original is rather square faced too! Itll be alot better once i detail the eyes and lips i guess

Quote from karsen88

Looks good!

Well, im not gonna do an ugly copy of the CE wings, rather something of my own creation. ie; a mix between tyreals and CE wings mebbe, can always put it on a layer and just toggle it off ;)
    I really like it, if you don't mind me saying though I liked it better before the color.
    Not sure I like the baggy pants.
    Quote from Daemaro

I really like it, if you don't mind me saying though I liked it better before the color.

Well, i always have the same. It really only gets better once you recoler and shade it properly. This is just a pretty raw color choosing. Most even change troughout the detailing. I dont usually like photoshop sketches tho, so if i try to get a finished black/white drawing id rather do pencil!

As example the clothing gets alot better after going over it once; im a pretty chaotic drawer, i go over my drawing like a dozen of times until is as dark as i want it to be.

Quote from Siaynoq

Not sure I like the baggy pants.

I can always make a pantless version for you after im done ;)
    Yeah that one is looking much better. Especially around the stomach/hip/crotch area funnily enough.
    Quote from deleo

I can always make a pantless version for you after im done ;)
    Or...or! Make regular fitting pants.
    Monks in jeans?!
    Quote from deleo

Monks in jeans?!
    What's wrong with you?

First you think I'm suggesting she wear no pants, then you think I'm suggesting she wear jeans. Like, there's no middle ground with you is there? You infer strange things from my suggestions so I'm going to stop paying attention and commenting on your artwork.
    Well im joking, havnt you noticed?

You dont _have_ to comment but its appreciated that you do.I really do appreciate the feedback, but that doesnt mean i feel the same about it. I plan to stick with baggy pants for now. I was serious about the 'no pants' in the sense it would expose her upper legs (not like bare naked) and might actually try an alternative version of it. But its nice that you jump to conclusions so quick.
    Quote from rozmata

Yup, very nice, tough it does not have palms/fingers visible at all which looks quite funny (show a pinky at least :)). She's also got hit her back pretty badly with multiple spears.

She does have fingers fisible under/next to the fist weapon, guess you can see it better in the latest one ;p
    Not sure what you mean with the spears tho ;o
    I think he means the wings maybe look like spear tips in her back? Not sure.
    shrug~! still dont know wether or not to keep the wings ;(
    Update, pretty much done as i cba to do the face/hair proper. Dunno about a background still but i quite like this :o mebbe all go over it again soonish when i cba and add even more detail ;X

Image removed due to its file extension: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg854/scaled.php?server=854&filename=monk5s.jpg&res=landing
    You do very good work. I like the direction you went with the hair. She looks more feminine, but not over-the-top fantasy like the previous version. I think I like it better without the wings too because it's less busy, which seems more monk-like to me.

I'm not sure I like her facial expression though. It's just not compelling. Her weapons are bloody, so maybe grim determination would work. Or possibly anger if you want to play against type. Calm serenity just doesn't feel right to me for some reason, even though it fits the monk conceptually.
    ...and if you disagree with me, you're probably <insert random ad hominem attack here>.
    Quote from tanis0

You do very good work. I like the direction you went with the hair. She looks more feminine, but not over-the-top fantasy like the previous version. I think I like it better without the wings too because it's less busy, which seems more monk-like to me.

I'm not sure I like her facial expression though. It's just not compelling. Her weapons are bloody, so maybe grim determination would work. Or possibly anger if you want to play against type. Calm serenity just doesn't feel right to me for some reason, even though it fits the monk conceptually.

Thanks! :o

About the facial expression, yeah i want to change it, but i hate doing faces :P For some reason i hate having to google faces to get a proper spacial idea of how it should look like. I pretty much draw almost everything from imagination. Guess i should really start doing it tho as its a bit handier knowing how to actually draw it realisticly ;p

But an evil grin would prolly work the best if i would change something. Or well, manic laughter could work too ;d
    It would keep the idea of monks being pretty much calm and taking it one step further while keeping it rather 'grim' in a weird sense. Pretty much like the lore of the monk atm afaik. Laughing while killing ;x
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes