5th Resource System and Class

Okay so I've been thinking if the fifth class is indeed a ranged class then what resource system could it have?
    It has to be some kind of energy source which supplies the class with speed and precision for the ranged attacks.
    I got some ideas for the class and resource system.

5th class:
    If it really is a ranged class then why not a hunter? Hunters have pets so the pet attacks which will keep the monsters away from the hunter so that he/she can execute the long ranged abilities.

Resource system:

Adrenaline - When the Hunter aproches enemies (certain distance away in yards) The hunter starts gaining adrenaline. Also if the pet is attacked that would also give you adrenaline and maybe throw in a few passive skills that regen it aswell (so that it regens if there are no foes around).

5th class:
    OR Some kind of a ''wild nature class'' which is in a way like the druid but uses compeltely different skills which are suited for long range and can summon wild pets and rock monsters and stuff like that.

Resource system:

(Re)Sources of Nature (Perhaps it needs a better name) - The class gains energy from the environment. Every type of environment gives a different % of energy regeneration.
    I dont like the idea of pets.....Sorry I just want a regular old guy with a bow. No pets please.
    www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    If you want to arrange it
    This world you can change it
    If we could somehow make this
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    And to know who needs help
    You need only just ask

Quote from DesmondTiny

I dont like the idea of pets.....Sorry I just want a regular old guy with a bow. No pets please.

I don't mind the pets or minions but which resource system sounds better?
    Yeah I struggled with the Druid's wolves and bears as it was.
    i'm thinking it will be some mix rogue/druid. i like nature for resourse (some bond with it-didn't figured name yet). im in and out for pets, good balanced pets that wont do all the work (hoping to shoot few arrows).

did u noticed every class has it's color?
    barb-red
    wd-violet
    wiz-blue
    monk-yellow
    5th class- i think it will be green
    Some sort of naturalistic resource sounds plausible for me.

I doubt they're going to use anything that is remotely close to the barbs / monks or the wizards / witch doctors.

Barbs - rage
    Monks - spirit
    these sound similar.

Wizard - arcane power
    Witch Doctor - mana
    We've been told that arcade power is similar to mana in many ways.
    Quote from Kashalot91

5th class:
    OR Some kind of a ''wild nature class'' which is in a way like the druid but uses compeltely different skills which are suited for long range and can summon wild pets and rock monsters and stuff like that.

Resource system:

(Re)Sources of Nature (Perhaps it needs a better name) - The class gains energy from the environment. Every type of environment gives a different % of energy regeneration.

And the class's hair looks like this!

Just as the Scorpion hunts...
    Silently Lurking...

"Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted." ~ Ezio Auditore de Firenze
    i like your idea of "adrenaline" where the character's proximity to enemies governs the rate of regeneration. up until now the whole point of a ranged class is to stay as far away from enemies as possible so this means that the player will have to manoevre back and forth from their enemies if they want to execute more powerful skills. it makes for an interesting and unique style of gameplay.

also the fact that an increasing adrenaline globe has the added advantage of warning the player that enemies are nearby, and represents the heightened senses that nature/range themed classes innately have.

i think it would be cool if the final class has a "pet." having one powerful companion is a great contrast to the witch doctor who has multiple weaker ones.
    I, quite frankly, don't like the idea of pets at all. They were a bad idea in Dungeon Siege 2 because then it was just another thing to look after, something else that got in the way.

I really, honestly think the last class should be some sort of knight who is ambidextrous in both swordplay and archery. I think stealth is out of the question because it encourages cowardice. I mean, why kill a mob of monsters when you can just sneak around them?

Also, working with the elements has never really spoken to me. I mean, sure, it's badass and it has an air of mystery to it, but it just seems really... cheesy and corny to me. It'll be like watching Avatar: The Last Airbender, except you're going against a slew of demons. What do you have to work with? AIR, WATER, EARTH, AND FIRE! What else can you get? Are you going to strangle someone with poison ivy?

I hate the way you cling to ignorance and pass it off as innocence
    Quote from Azriel

I, quite frankly, don't like the idea of pets at all. They were a bad idea in Dungeon Siege 2 because then it was just another thing to look after, something else that got in the way.

I really, honestly think the last class should be some sort of knight who is ambidextrous in both swordplay and archery. I think stealth is out of the question because it encourages cowardice. I mean, why kill a mob of monsters when you can just sneak around them?

Also, working with the elements has never really spoken to me. I mean, sure, it's badass and it has an air of mystery to it, but it just seems really... cheesy and corny to me. It'll be like watching Avatar: The Last Airbender, except you're going against a slew of demons. What do you have to work with? AIR, WATER, EARTH, AND FIRE! What else can you get? Are you going to strangle someone with poison ivy?

The Wizard has control over some of these elements and that class doesn't look cheesy at all imo. Am sure if blizzard wanted to make an elemental class like the one I described or close to that one they can make it badass and at the same time a class which players would love to play as.
    But honestly I prefer my first idea...the range class with adrenaline for a resource system. :biggrin:
    Quote from Kashalot91

The Wizard has control over some of these elements and that class doesn't look cheesy at all imo.

I was talking about the usual, cliche elements. The wizard is dealing with time and space and those are hardly elements. The wizard is controlling the universe, not earthly compounds. But yeah, she's a total badass.

I hate the way you cling to ignorance and pass it off as innocence
    My prediction is a Hunter class. This brings bows, traps, survivalist-like skills, and the possibility of taming companions or summoning them or something. Maybe you can call ravens to attack your enemies or something? Or maybe the Druid's grizzly will return and fight alongside the Hunter? Who knows, but I agree that the Hunter is a valid option.

As for the resource. Maybe Focus or something? Adrenaline is too similar to Rage, if you ask me. I see Focus fitting in well for an Archer, but I don't foresee the final class as being limited to only bow-based abilities. It could be something more nature-based, Hunters definitely hold close ties to nature. Very, very tough to speculate on what the resource could be.
    A belief in no God is a belief in everything. It is a belief in the unfathomable number of events of blind chance required for every living thing to be here.
    I personally want the next class to be a rogue-type of class, pure DPS with short hand swords/daggers, not the crappy fist shit we got in Diablo II: LoD with the assassin.
    Quote from AnathemicOne

I personally want the next class to be a rogue-type of class, pure DPS with short hand swords/daggers, not the crappy fist shit we got in Diablo II: LoD with the assassin.

I agree a dagger-wielding class could fit well. However, I think Monks will be skilled in melee with numerous weapon-types, including Staves and Fist Weapons. I sort of see the Monk being able to fit into a fast-attacking, pure DPS category.

However, it's common knowledge that the Diablo world sees Rogues in a different light than other games might. Rogues have been bow-users in the Diablo series. It's feasible a Rogue class could be skilled in bows and daggers.
    A belief in no God is a belief in everything. It is a belief in the unfathomable number of events of blind chance required for every living thing to be here.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes