SUGESTION 4 a new Class: the Demonologist

The Demonologist

about:
    The demonologist is a powerfull man who contains magik from Hell. He figths against all evil while learning from them and using their own power againstt them self.

Skills:
    these skills are just some examples.
    Summon skills:

Take soul:
    the demonologist takes hes hand forward a monster and there comes a blur circle around hes arm, and then he takes the soul out of the monster and use it as a pet.

Summon Alastor:
    the demonologist summons a big devil called Alastor, who contains fire DMG.

^ a pic how Alastor could look like.

Devils from HELL:
    the demonologist summons small devils who can have axes, pikd whip and some can shoot with fire, ice, poison are ligthning DMG.

Respawning:
    the demonologist can respawn hes minions, and if u play Multiplayer he can also respawn one from hes (party).

Casting skills:

Brain Controle:
    The Demonologist trhows a ball (with small features with monsters and skulls) forward a monster the monster gets brain wacth and begins to kill hes own familier demons, after som time the demon whill explode.

Minion sacrifise:
    (Can only be used if u have a minion) The Demonologist sacrifises hes minion to make a purple/black ball that he then throws forward hes enemy. the ball goes rigth throw the monster and can then attack also the monster behind the first monster. the ball makes a grand DMG of toxic.

Transforming Skills:

Copy body parts:
    After killing a monster the Demonlogist takes the monsters arms, legs, are head and copy it, so he uses the Monsters arm F.ex

Copy and Transform:
    The demonlogist Transfroms into a monster that he killed. (takes 1-2 min) u can upgrade it so i takes more time.

Transfrom into The Death:
    The Demonologist transforme into the death, around him comes a purple smoke. When the demonologist is the death he gains a speciel skill, so he can make skeleton minions that, he makes from the monsters bodys, the skeleton looks like the monsters skeleton would had look like.

how the demonlogist can look while hes the death.

Pictures about how the Demonlogist could look like:

:thumbsup:
    Sounds like a necro.
    (The demonlogist Transfroms into a monster that he killed. (takes 1-2 min) u can upgrade it so i takes more time.) Quote
    Lol
    what u just described sounds better than both the necro and witch doctor hope diablo has some kind of darker class (witch doctor dont count in my book with his little purple outfit)
    last pic is awesome!
    "you are a choir boy compared to me, a choir boy"
    This doesn't belong here. The idea is okay though, the first pic is ugly!

...belongs more than the malibu barbie witchdoctor :)

first pic is ugly but A for effort.

last pic is sick.
    i don't really like the idea at all. no offense, just far from the best idea. There would be major problems involving the purpose of some of these skills other than simply the aesthetic effect, and the only reason to upgrade a skill like that is prestige which really wouldn't be worth it because any newbie could max it at the cost of being useful to his team later. If there was a way two to three of the skills in a row could work, i'd be on board, even though the whole thing just screams 'help, someone just kidnapped me from the Hyborian Age'. WD fans would outrage at the fact that this thing has summons because they realize that the more summons another class has then the less important the wd is.
    It's a good effort, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Don't be mad because I'm...
    Class Description:

Its all about fighting fire with fire ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Well if they don't plan on screwing up the lore like they did in WoW with the draenei, this class wouldn't be possible. As I remember, the assassins were created to destroy any of the mages using demonic magics. They were created by the viz-jerei (forgive the spelling, I'm too lazy to look in the handbook) shortly after Bartuc and Horazon was killed to prevent the things they did from happening again. Then again, there seems to be a lot of cultists roaming around D3 that have little threat from the assassins.
    I don't like the idea of a class who wants to save Sanctuary summoning MORE demons into it. Even if it's to combat evil.

That's what the cultists do. Summon demons.

Besides we all saw how well demon summoning worked out for Horazon and Bartuc.
    Quote from "Daemaro" »
    I don't like the idea of a class who wants to save Sanctuary summoning MORE demons into it. Even if it's to combat evil.

That's what the cultists do. Summon demons.

Besides we all saw how well demon summoning worked out for Horazon and Bartuc.

1. Fight fire with fire! - I asume the Demonologist has learned to control demons.
    2. So?
    3. This is years later - sometimes people learn to avoid making other's mistakes.

I don't like all of it, but the overall idea is great. Plus, make him uncontrolable while shapechanged (battling inner demons).
    If you stare into the abyss long enough, the abyss becomes you.
    There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that
    opinions are worthless because they are badly argued.
    about the whole 'assassins made to kill demonically-fueled mages' thing, i think it's safe to say that they failed miserably, because cultists are still around and unfortunately assassins are probably the least likely class to return. They got 0\/\/n3d in da @$s
    I think that the overall idea is great, i love demon-summoners and characters that use the power of darkness (in WoW i have a Mage and Lock :P), but remember that here we are talking about Diablo.

Demons are our enemies, they have set Sanctuary ablaze exactly because someone lost control of the ones he summoned.

A character like the one u described would instantly be killed by other heroes, considering it's potential danger!!! ;)

Nice skills though man :thumbsup:
    In Arcana stat virtus... and pwnage!!!:P
    where are u from? you spell odd...i used to spell like that too.

but this is a necro, i mean look at your second pic, thats a necro.
    Remember the String of Ears

"to the worm in horseradish, the world is horseradish."
    Quote from "Spelljammer" »
    1. Fight fire with fire! - I asume the Demonologist has learned to control demons.
    2. So?
    3. This is years later - sometimes people learn to avoid making other's mistakes.

I don't like all of it, but the overall idea is great. Plus, make him uncontrolable while shapechanged (battling inner demons).

I don't even like the idea of any character being able to control demons better than Horazon.

Demons can't be controlled, it's been proven time and time again. You become corrupted or they attack you.
    it's a necro that exchanged combat capabilities to look badass. I love the idea of becoming a demon, absolutely. It's everything else i may slightly disagree with.
    Quote from "Daemaro" »
    I don't even like the idea of any character being able to control demons better than Horazon.

Demons can't be controlled, it's been proven time and time again. You become corrupted or they attack you.

Ok, we have different opinions on this idea :)

'Horazon was a former mage of the Vizjerei clan. He believed that demons of the Burning Hells could be broken and used by mortals. In time, however, the denizens of Hell grew tired of this mortal's meddling and made to destroy him. Horazon, however, was prepared; he escaped safely into the Arcane Sanctuary, from which he continued to break demons and watch over events in Sanctuary.
    During the time of Diablo's resurgence, adventurers fought their way through the Arcance Sanctuary to discover the whereabouts of Tal Rasha's tomb. Instead of being greeted by Horazon himself, however, they discovered a dark impersonator. One of the Vizjerei sorcerers that attempted to save Tristram was corrupted and took on the mantle of The Summoner. Horazon's final fate remains unknown.

I must admit I don't know all the lore, but if this (Horazon's final fate remains unknown) is canon, then IMO the possibility remains.
    If you stare into the abyss long enough, the abyss becomes you.
    There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that
    opinions are worthless because they are badly argued.
    Quote from "Spelljammer" »
    Ok, we have different opinions on this idea :)

Yes, even Horazon was forced to hide or die whatever happened because he was trying to control demons.
    Horazon didn't master controlling demons - or he wouldn't have had to hide/run/die!

Exactly!

The idea of having a class that supposedly just needs a humongous mana pool to kill any enemy in the game is ridiculous.

Add one more skill to this "demonologist" and one might say "I want an Arch-angel class".

Honestly - "The demonologist becomes death"? - He's not a demonologist, he's some person that masters demon, and also knows how to become a symbol derived from Earth around the middle ages.

I could not imagine a class which would belong further from the Sanctuary world!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes