Diablo3 DPS & EHP Calculator / Comparison Tool

Why am I just now finding out about this? I'll definitely be testing this out when I get home to see if it's as good as I hope it is.
    Thanks for your great work, seems like the only thing i have to change is the elite bonus and maybe point K for some skills (I was already using slightly different modifiers for some runes because i couldn't explain the numbers i got during my tests with Fraps and Vegas), but i'll check every point again.

Btw. can someone explain me why the attack speed with wizards Shock Pulse skill and 1.0 character sheet aps is ~1.08 attacks per second ?
    Ok, following up on my previous post: this is awesome. DPS is absolutely perfect, and it includes life gained from LoH/LS. This replaces my previously used calculator, hands down. Awesome job.

Btw. can someone explain me why the attack speed with wizards Shock Pulse skill and 1.0 character sheet aps is ~1.08 attacks per second ?
    While i can't, i just wanted to ask if you could elaborate on attack speed with barbarians Weapon Throw skill?
    Couldn't find anything about this skill so i had to fraps it with different attack speeds and count the frames between the attacks. I'm using 0.825 / avg attack speed because it looks like the skill has a base time for the animation which is reduced by aps. This could be completely wrong but it was very close to my true dps for all tests.
    When you´re finished with changing the elite, demon bonuses and the order of multipliers, please add some of the barb skills you´re missing on the simple dps calculator "buffs and skill settings"

active:
    - bash punish 3 stacks (+24% damage similar to maniac´s 5 stacks +20%)
    - overpower killing spree (+10% crit chance just like revenge best server cold)

passive:
    - brawler (+30% damage)
    - berserker rage (+25% damage)

All of the above are in the "damage increased by skill" modifier group ("I" in my formula).

When you´re finished with changing the elite, demon bonuses and the order of multipliers, please add some of the barb skills you´re missing on the simple dps calculator "buffs and skill settings"

active:
    - bash punish 3 stacks (+24% damage similar to maniac´s 5 stacks +20%)
    - overpower killing spree (+10% crit chance just like revenge best server cold)

passive:
    - brawler (+30% damage)
    - berserker rage (+25% damage)

All of the above are in the "damage increased by skill" modifier group ("I" in my formula).

Done and i've added some Demon Hunter and Witch Doctor skills. Took me hours with fraps to understand how Gargantuan - Restless Giant Rune works (especially in combination with other damage increasing skills) and how to calculate the dps. -_-
    Here´s something for your detailed damage calculator tab.

Weapon Throw and its modifiers:
    - no escape +10%
    - the three hundreth spear +50%
    - dread bomb +3%*fury (?)

64 weapon damage * 20.62 str * 1.3 skill damage = 1715.584
    1887 (NE) = *1.1
    2170 (NE+BR) = *1.1 * 1.15
    2982 (NE+THS) *21.87str = *1.1 * 1.49 (1819.584)
    3283 (NE+BR+THS) = *1.1 * 1.64 (1819.584)
    2984 (BR+THS) = *1.64 (1819.584)
    6071 (DB) = *4.60 (1715.584) 120 fury
    6071 (DB+NE) = *4.60
    6981 (DB+BR) = *4.60 * 1.15
    10559 (DB+NE+BR+THS) = *4.60 * 1.64
    5775 (DB -3WT) *19.24str = *4.69 120 fury

Conclusions:

1. No Escape +10% Weapon Throw/Ancient Spear damage passive is a separate modifier and doesn´t belong in the "damage increased by skills" group ("I" in my formula). This is kind of weird.

2. No Escape passive doesn´t affect WT Dread Bomb damage (possible bug, I´ll ask in the official forums). This is even weirder.

I´ve posted the bug here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7198960219

3. Just like frenzy/bash/cleave +x% damage mighty belts, The Three Hundredth Spear +x% Weapon Throw/Ancient Spear damage affix belongs in the "damage increased by skills" group ("I" in my formula), so it gets added to the likes of battle rage, insanity, berserker rage etc.

4. Dread Bomb skill damage modifier = 1.3 + ((Fury - actual Weapon Throw fury cost) * 3/100)
    Actual Weapon Throw fury cost = 10 - sum of reduces resource cost of weapon throw affixes

Note that I wasn´t able to test what happens at 0 fury weapon throw, I´ll try to figure out a way to get the items for such a test later.

If you don´t have - fury cost weapon throw gear the formula is just 1+ (fury*3/100) but you have to apply the above formula incase you do have such gear.

5. Contrary to No Escape passive, Sword Weapons Master +15% damage bonus belongs in the "damage increased by skills" group ("I" in my formula).

36 base weapon damage * 19.24 str * 1.65 bash = 1142.856
    1314 (sword WM) = *1.15
    1486 (sword WM+BR) = *1.30

Please add Swords Weapons Master in the damage increased by skill group.
    d3rawr has been the most accurate tool for stat comparison, when comparing between ingame stats.
    Seems like the detailed calc doesn´t take +% damage vs elites into account yet (at least my SoJ). Anyway, the main reason why I´m posting is that you have the same description for RLTW and WW dual wielding tick frequency, but they´re in fact opposites. It should be

When dual-wielding, (tornado) tick frequency depends on the attacks per second (aps) of the last weapon swung before using Sprint.
    When dual-wielding, (WW) tick frequency depends on the weapon you are about to swing not the weapon you swung before using WW. (exact opposite of Sprint)

I think the calculator works correctly, just the description is wrong.

Seems like the detailed calc doesn´t take +% damage vs elites into account yet (at least my SoJ).

Thats strange, can you send me a msg with a link to your profile ? Everything works here: http://www.d3rawr.com/d-631sa
    Same items, set 2 is without the 30% bonus from SoJ. Different skill damage, tDPS and dps vs. elite.
    I guess I play too much...maybe I misread the info last time, but it works now. Well, the WW/RLTW description is still wrong :)
    phew...

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/79250-critical-damage-behavior/#entry1087362

researched the "slain enemies rest in pieces" affix for like 5 hours until I figured it out, this one was the most difficult out of all the modifiers I researched, second place is dmg vs elites bonus

Slain enemies rest in pieces is a separate damage modifier that scales with both primary stat and critical hit damage. The modifier is ((1+ primary/100) * (1+ critical hit damage/100)). Note that this applies to a normal finishing blow, which is always "yellow". When you critically hit on the finishing blow, you also get the usual critical damage bonus on top of it.

Example: 2500 strength, +400% crit damage

1. normal finishing blow = (1 + 2500/100 )* (1 + 400/100) = 31 * 5 = 155 times normal damage;
    2. critical finishing blow = 775 times normal damage

phew...

http://www.diablofan...r/#entry1087362

researched the "slain enemies rest in pieces" affix for like 5 hours until I figured it out, this one was the most difficult out of all the modifiers I researched, second place is dmg vs elites bonus

Slain enemies rest in pieces is a separate damage modifier that scales with both primary stat and critical hit damage. The modifier is ((1+ primary/100) * (1+ critical hit damage/100)). Note that this applies to a normal finishing blow, which is always "yellow". When you critically hit on the finishing blow, you also get the usual critical damage bonus on top of it.

Example: 2500 strength, +400% crit damage

1. normal finishing blow = (1 + 2500/100 )* (1 + 400/100) = 31 * 5 = 155 times normal damage;
    2. critical finishing blow = 775 times normal damage

What does all this have to do in this thread?
    Well, I don´t know where else to post stuff about damage calculations and game mechanics related to damage calculations. You´re right if you meant that probably very few people care about the damage you do with the 3 weapons in the game with the affix on the finishing blow and I understand if ssdraw won´t add this to his calculator, but maybe people will be able to use the post as a reference for how it works - I haven´t found anything in depth about it.
    Nubtro is allowed to post whatever he wants ^_^
    3 weapons in the game with the affix?
    Sever, Last Breath and ?

Edit:
    Nvm found it. Boneshatter
    Don't know if it is useful at all but the detailed calculator got a "PvP mode" (simulates skill damage against other heroes). Take the numbers with a grain of salt because there is still a lot of research and testing required (and i have to level every class to 60 again on my other account :P)

edit: i'm working on the missing skills but it's a lot of work (i need a full day with fraps / vegas / my calculator and a lot of paper for some of them)
    Wow, why did I not find this, or even see it (too many whine threads I suppose lol)

PM being sent out to you SSS,

Great site and great job!
    Not worth a topic so i'm posting this here. Why is my char with 12% Movement Speed on a chest faster (didn't calculate how much but it looks more like 15%) than with 12% Movement Speed on boots ?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes