ERR37 - The D3 All-In-One Calculator (v0.4c)

Quote from pdluke

It is nice to see that other people also working on projects for helping the community.
    Wouldn't it be better that we all team up to make one great application, rather than everyone cooking its own minor solution?

Kind regards

pdluke

I'm glad you asked!

What would be the best way to get in contact?
    Email

I'm pretty much available all the time, given I'm awake. :Thumbs Up:

Can't wait to talk,
    Promedeus
    First id like to say great that someone is trying to do something like this. Awesome :)

Secondly, the wizard damage calculations are way off. Triple checked my numbers, both with and without my damage boost abilities its still 10k dps off! (your program said 44k, i got 34k unbuffed, 42k buffed).
    www.twitch.tv/Draahl
    www.youtube.com/Draahl
    Hardcore gamer since 1995.
    Quote from Nensec

Quote from Rainbowdash
    Why not make it purely online? that way it will work from iOS and WP as well

The online version will be done through Silverlight. The reason for this is simply because neither of us two project starters ( me and pdluke ) are Obj-C devs but we are both C# devs. We realise this will exclude iOS from the the possible targets, for now. However because Silverlight -is- supported on Mac OS atleast that will in the nearby future be supported.

If we can find a developer that has knowledge of Obj-C then we will not hesitate to take on the prospect of making this fully mac compatible

As a C# developer myself (done also some objective-C coding for iPhone/iPad, but can't say that I'm an expert for that type of coding) - why don't you simply make an asp.net web site / web application from the project? and have that then hosted. That way you don't have to take care of different platforms (iPhone/iPad/WP/Android etc). Every device can show web pages (as long as theres no complicated javascript involved) such web site / web application - the caveat of this approach is that this type of web site / web application requires ofc internet connection when its been browsed in the device. In my honest opinion its minor annoyance.
    Toons: IxothMonk, IxothDh, IxothWiz (EU)
    gonna try it and report feedback
    Quote from Draahl

First id like to say great that someone is trying to do something like this. Awesome :)

Secondly, the wizard damage calculations are way off. Triple checked my numbers, both with and without my damage boost abilities its still 10k dps off! (your program said 44k, i got 34k unbuffed, 42k buffed).

Please create an issue on google code with your data attached. I will look then into it as fast as possible.

kind regards

pdluke
    Quote from ixoth

Quote from Nensec

Quote from Rainbowdash
    Why not make it purely online? that way it will work from iOS and WP as well

The online version will be done through Silverlight. The reason for this is simply because neither of us two project starters ( me and pdluke ) are Obj-C devs but we are both C# devs. We realise this will exclude iOS from the the possible targets, for now. However because Silverlight -is- supported on Mac OS atleast that will in the nearby future be supported.

If we can find a developer that has knowledge of Obj-C then we will not hesitate to take on the prospect of making this fully mac compatible

As a C# developer myself (done also some objective-C coding for iPhone/iPad, but can't say that I'm an expert for that type of coding) - why don't you simply make an asp.net web site / web application from the project? and have that then hosted. That way you don't have to take care of different platforms (iPhone/iPad/WP/Android etc). Every device can show web pages (as long as theres no complicated javascript involved) such web site / web application - the caveat of this approach is that this type of web site / web application requires ofc internet connection when its been browsed in the device. In my honest opinion its minor annoyance.

As you already said it. We need to host it that will cost money.
    Also the calulations are simple and could also be done in Javascript so we wouldn't even need ASP.NET for this website.
    But no one of us two developers is good in web development so a desktop application was the first choice.
    All in all its a great program but , this is the raw dmg you do from gear, not considering passives and buffs.
    Can you implement passives, cause i already saw that on DH you put sharpshooter and 2 more .
    Also can you put a calculator for how much amount of stats you need to get to that number of dmg.(for example i have 40k dmg i want to get to 55k what stats do i need to stack or what combo to get there, so i can make a calculation and find items suitable for that upgrade.)This will make purchasing from ah very easy since in ah in game it won't show you until its in your inventory if and how much dmg is incresed.
    Thank you! Keep up the good work.
    Whoa, did not expect this to become a front page news worthy thread until it was actually supporting passives for all classes atleast. Thanks D3 Fans :D
    It doesn't allow monks to dual wield at the moment. Is this something you are working on?

Also, when I press Calculate, I get System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException error.
    it would be nice to have a value for armor on barbarians
    So much feedback, thank you all. We have only got so much time to spend on developing this and we would love to put in every feature you guys want. But right now we are sticking to a milestone based feature implementation. You can see in our roadmap on the google code page what and when we plan to implement things.
    What about Mac OS X build? :)
    Quote from Manif

What about Mac OS X build? :)

Not going to happen anytime soon. The nearest we will be providing will be a silverlight client but that is easily a while away still
    Think ur doing a brilliant job guys keep up the good work
    Great initiative guys! Eager to see how this will turn out ;) All-in-One ftw!
    Don't make a 1.0.3 skip it :P it might be a fail like the patch in D3 :P nono just joking nice job so far will surely test it and revieuw it :P
    Thank you for creating a useful tool for the D3 community. :)
    The calculator doesnt work properly with monks, when i put my gear it shows the same dps as demon hunter.
    Stats calculate differently for monks.

It shows that i have like 127764 dps and i only have 22389 unbuffed.

If i did something wrong plz inform me.
    Quote from Ground_0

The calculator doesnt work properly with monks, when i put my gear it shows the same dps as demon hunter.
    Stats calculate differently for monks.

It shows that i have like 127764 dps and i only have 22389 unbuffed.

If i did something wrong plz inform me.

We have only implemented basic support and were not able to test it properly as none of us plays a monk.
    It would be great if you could submit us an Issue on Google Code so we look into it.

With the help of the community we can improve this application step by step.
    The current dev version has passive skills ( that affects damage ) implemented for all classes that have them. Running through a couple of things to fix and perhaps add for v0.4 but release of this version is not far off
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes